I have lost my sense of style ...

Ditte-Maria

Reaction score
Hi all.

When I gave birth 14 months ago I lost my sense of style...

Before the birth of my baby, I was a stylish pregnant woman and before my pregnancy I was a stylish woman, now I'm just good old plain boring mum :(

Have any you tried to lose your style, not just like me, but in general? Did you get it back? How?

I buy clothes, shoes and bags, thinking, this is a good match, but NO WAY.

When I go out, I look okay, but during the week, I boring mum. Well I have started to get a little feeling of what I like, and I think I will be back on track some day...

Ditte-M :flower:

awwww! i remember that little pic of your adorable stylish little baby ( in the sunglasses :heart:) well, i have no expertise in this..... :doh:

i think you can get it back...sometimes i fall into laziness or in school for instance, i get up so early my attitude isnt the best , so i dont care what i look like...and end up looking like a complete slob!!

sinse you are on the net maybe browse thru our designers forums, trend spottting etc.. for ideas? when i feel like this, and am shopping i just stick to black everything......

but fashion week is coming so keep you eye out fro the upcoming trends, if there is something you like you feel inspired..

not the best advise...sorry :blush:

Have you considered post-partum depression? I know when I "lost my love of fashion" a few months ago, it was due in large part to stress and seasonal depression. Now that the days are a little longer and I am feeling better, I am dressing better and feeling better about myself. I'd imagine you are a bit tired and overwhelmed with this new person in your life, and maybe your hormones are still going a little crazy, but once life gets into a solid routine and the baby starts sleeping more regularly, and the two of you get used to each other, some of your old joys, fashion included, will come back to you.

its best to start off with classic pieces... like jeans and basic colours and build your wardrobe... i recommend the book "a guide to elegance" i think it would help you alot :flower:

its a generalisation, but I find Danish mums to be totally stylish. Copenhagen in general is full of stylers, but new mums seem to totally get it together here. I'm english and I notice these things.

maybe check out the what are yuo wearing thread to see if you get any inspiration from other members?...

or even the 'inspiration' thread might help...
i can imagine you must be pretty exhausted with a baby...
so i would keep it simple for now...

Hi all

Tank you for all your advice :-)

I'll start out by saying, it's not post-partum depression. I actually think its beacause I've been taking to little care of myself and been buying so many cute outfits for the baby and completely forgotten about myself.

But all your answers got me thinking and I'm beeing stylish again as of today!!!

I have been taking a different look in to my wardrobe, and it's full of new cool, nice and classic clothes.

What have I been thinking??? Thank you again for your advice :-)

Lolita - Can't believe you remember that pic :-)

Love
Ditte :flower:

Ditte, Congratulations on your new addition. :smile: I recommend you spending an entire day by yourself (no baby, no family) just taking care of and pampering yourself. Maybe spend a few hours at a spa getting a facial and massage, mani/pedi, then do lunch or something and look through some magazines, look books, etc to find some ideas and inspiration...and then maybe go and purchase a piece of clothing (something simple but nice and that fits you). It can be a pair of jeans or a handbag....and build from there. Don't think you can go shopping and purchase everything in one visit .... it wont happen and you will burn yourself out. Take it slow. It took you nine months to have a baby...that is life changing...it may take you nine months or longer to get back into the "swing" of things.

And a sidenote...."once stylish...always stylish"

It isn't lost....maybe misplaced. :flower:

It's all about the three Cs. Pick up some new pieces that are colorful, cheerful (the two go hand-in-hand...think spring!), and cheap (so it's not a big deal if you spill any baby food or the like). Also, pick things that are easy-to-care for, so you don't have to waste any precious minutes hand-washing or rushing to the dry cleaner.

I think I have too, it feels like I know crap bout anything.. I need help.

Mr. Fabulous said:
I think I have too, it feels like I know crap bout anything.. I need help.

Mr. Fabulous....we are all here at TFS to learn, love and appreciate fashion. We all need help in some area or another. We are constantly learning and if anyone has the attitude like they can't learn anything new or that they know it all....distance yourself from them. Mr. Fab, you will be just fine. :flower:

*Happiness* said:
Mr. Fabulous....we are all here at TFS to learn, love and appreciate fashion. We all need help in some area or another. We are constantly learning and if anyone has the attitude like they can't learn anything new or that they know it all....distance yourself from them. Mr. Fab, you will be just fine. :flower:

I know, I guess you're right.. But that's so freaking nice of u..:heart: :crush:

Thank You :bunny:

Mr. Fabulous said:
I know, I guess you're right.. But that's so freaking nice of u..:heart: :crush:

Thank You :bunny:

:D Thank you. I only speak what I think and feel. You're so welcome. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->