Images That Describe Your Style

^ That's beautiful, beyond the beyond. Thanks, jennifer~! There is hope for my love of new fern fronds in the foggy slanted light, all in purple gauze after all! I should have been born as a redwood tree. :ninja:
You're welcome! I love your posts, and I hereby christen you Fern Redwood. :lol:

cripsint.jpg

......mixed with....

justin-timberlake-music-03-011007.jpg

2nd-Red-Balloon.jpg

cred: treehugger.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't necessarily dress like this, but I feel like the image itself is a representation of the message I try to get across with my clothing.

shirleyversion207ah3.jpg

garbagediscobox.com

ignore the knife
bladelrg.jpg

blogsome.com

soldat02.jpg

dravida.udn.ne.jp

fran6.jpg

francoise hardy's thread

black black....from my computer

Attachments

• liyawp4.jpg
    liyawp4.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 52148315.jpg
    52148315.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3
  • gse_multipart38598.jpg
    gse_multipart38598.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 8
Thought we could reactivate this and bring new blood here. :heart:

It's interesting looking at old posts here and realising how much style can evolve through the years, not really change but I guess it becomes more adult and social.. I hoped it'd never happen but I'm so happy it did now!, I like feeling confident and comfortable in clothes without bothering much to make a point on colors or eccentric shapes.. which I still love, but in controlled doses. discretion feels more liberating these days.

des1.jpgdes2.jpgdes3.jpg

des4.JPGdes5.JPGdes6.jpg

des7.jpgtanya.jpgdes9.jpg
(houseoforange.nl, scans by diciasette (17), suprememanagement, style.com, bwgreyscale and fashionpress)

look10.jpgdes11.jpglook12.jpg

des13.jpgdes14.jpgdes15.jpg

des16.jpgdes17.JPG
[style.com, firstview.com, bwgreyscale, scans by MMA, cocorosa at blogspot.com]

Small bombarding!. but hopefully that will drag in others. :P

Oh, nice thread :flower:
Throwing in a few that are somewhat representative. I guess my style is pretty colourful and feminine. And I like clashing patterns. But I try and tone it down by the use of naturals and androgynous elements...

00480m.jpg
00630m.jpg

00060m.jpg
08m.jpg

Irina+Graewe1.jpg

[style, irinagraewe.de]

Lovely pics, Tine, the quirkiness still peaking through in your choices. :heart:
I was actually hoping you'd make an appearance here and I'm happy you did, our styles were very similar a few years ago, don't you think?.. it's fun seeing how we've taken different directions but still balance it with similar stuff.. I balance my monochromes with prints and you balance prints with neutral tones.
I actually think my favorites outfit are like that.. quiet, two-colored palette with some silver/brown/white embroidered piece somewhere. at least for now!. :P

Sometimes i have a hard time differentiating between images and an aesthetic that really appeals to me and inspires me (eg. dries van noten :heart:) and an aesthetic that i am actually practically drawn to and that i understand or have internalised strongly enough to create it through my own style. I really relate to what you were saying, mullet, about style evolving and maturing.. i am at a point where i feel like i have kind of discovered my style (at least for now..i'm sure it will change again at some point ^_^) rather than created or chosen it. almost like i just slowly stumbled upon it.. once i stopped thinking about how i wanted to dress or how other people were dressing, i started to just naturally express myself and be drawn to things and it suddenly felt really natural and consistent. i think i surprised myself! Sometimes i have those 'schizophrenic style' moments (remember that old thread?) where i will suddenly wear something really feminine, or i will feel like channeling that busy, mixed pattern, ethnic inspired style.. and i'm still figuring out how all of those things fit within my 'style'. [hope some of this makes sense...:lol:]

so I'm going to try & focus on choosing images based on an actual representation of my style...rather than things i love and am inspired by but that don't end up making it into the 'final product' of my style..

style.com, nymag, sartorialist, theinsider, nae byrd blogspot, diciassette's scan, catwalking, style, broadwayworld, black angel's amica scan

I hope these images aren't too repetitive..
oh and yes, mullet, i ended up here because of you..:innocent:

Attachments

• therow_5.jpg
    therow_5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 4
  • pringle_3.jpg
    pringle_3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 62709Darcy_65Web.jpg
    62709Darcy_65Web.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
  • theinsider.jpg
    theinsider.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • naebyrd.jpeg
    naebyrd.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3
  • diciasette_scan.jpg
    diciasette_scan.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3
  • timHamilton.JPG
    timHamilton.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
  • clare_waight_keller.jpg
    clare_waight_keller.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
  • broadwayworld.jpg
    broadwayworld.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
  • blackangelamica.jpg
    blackangelamica.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 4
Photo all from Gq.com.Basically that's how I wear all the year...Left for autumn(no winter in my city) and right for summer and spring.

00040m.jpg
00360m.jpg

Sometimes i have a hard time differentiating between images and an aesthetic that really appeals to me and inspires me (eg. dries van noten :heart:) and an aesthetic that i am actually practically drawn to and that i understand or have internalised strongly enough to create it through my own style. I really relate to what you were saying, mullet, about style evolving and maturing.. i am at a point where i feel like i have kind of discovered my style (at least for now..i'm sure it will change again at some point ^_^) rather than created or chosen it. almost like i just slowly stumbled upon it.. once i stopped thinking about how i wanted to dress or how other people were dressing, i started to just naturally express myself and be drawn to things and it suddenly felt really natural and consistent. i think i surprised myself! Sometimes i have those 'schizophrenic style' moments (remember that old thread?) where i will suddenly wear something really feminine, or i will feel like channeling that busy, mixed pattern, ethnic inspired style.. and i'm still figuring out how all of those things fit within my 'style'. [hope some of this makes sense...:lol:]

It absolutely does, adore.. you summed up completely the way I feel about my own style, too. :heart:
I think I also still have a hard time trying to tie these two sides of 'image approach' you mention at the beginning as tightly as I wish to.. the images I posted are what I actually tend to wear but what I want to find myself wearing would be a little louder in my head, not tangibly but I guess I just wish I was less reserved in expressing myself through clothes, that more thoughtfulness and perhaps a bit of poetry was involved.. there's this very active bug that feels repressed with simplicity but doesn't really need to be fed with theatricality.. then again, like I said in my other post, I feel fully satisfied when I manage to pair down pure palettes and lines in my style with some ethnic patterns, or tiny dramatic lines somewhere. I don't always reach that result but when I do, I feel completely at large.

Anyway, it's all probably going to change when I actually start investing on special pieces that fill with more sense my current quietness, a bit of Tao or Yohji somewhere and I'm probably good/happy to go. :angel:

(loved your choices, btw!, especially the black & white pictures.. lovely!).

This is def me... a mix of classic style... quality and a bit of vintage opulance!

Only think missing is a mulbery bayswater bag!

pic from furfashionguide.com

WSG xxx

Attachments

• katemosscraigmcdeanmink.jpg
    katemosscraigmcdeanmink.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 3
Mullet, oh yes absolutely.. I remember a certain Bernhard willhelm dinosaur dress. :P Also I think we both bought the same h&m short military coloured parka a while ago. I'd like to see how we would style it differently :lol:

Though generally I have a feeling that I'll move towards something more monochrome as I get older...

erin-wasson-sprouse-louis-vuitton-e.jpg

stylerumor.com

freja_beha_erichsen_6.jpg

thefreaksofnature.files.wordpress.com

1_freja_beha.jpg

unfashioned.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant