iTunes

whatisasofe

Reaction score
So tell me all you tfs-ers...what does your itunes look like? Is it organized or do you have songs that aren't labeled? Do you have single songs that you love or do you just have a bunch of random stuff that you don't listen to? Or do you have full cds?

I just have random songs, and music I really don't listen to. I need to clean it up!

my iTunes is very clean. It is all organized.
Does anyone know how I can get songs from my old iPod onto my computer.
My computer broke down, and itunes was wiped off with the songs. But the songs are still on the iPod. :( :blush: It is very confuseing

you can get your music off of your old iPod by browsing it as an external hard drive. the files will be named something like "A3KEF.mp3" and placed in random folders, but all the tags should be intact. in Windows you can search for "A word or phrase in the file" on the iPod drive, so type in the album or artist name and you should find the correct files.

most of my music is tagged and organized but iTunes Cover Flow always has problems. it separates compilations into a bunch of different "albums" even though the files are all in the same folder with the same album tag. to solve this i have to enter a new tag, "Album Artist," for each comp ... or check the "Part of a Compilation" box. This is very time-consuming given the size of my collection, and even when i fix it, the covers are still separated on my iPod.

i've given up on Cover Flow, and since iTunes takes 2 minutes to load i only use it to transfer music.

Vogue28 -
You can download a program called Senuti (itunes backwards). Hook your ipod up and open the program. You can pick and choose what you want to go back in your itunes folder. Works great and it keeps all the information correct.

Is anyone on Ping here? I'm having a hard time finding someone who is :lol:, and I'm also having a hard find figuring out what it's there for.. but hey I joined. :lol:

My iTunes is a mess (naturally)! I really need to sort everything out but I can never find the time. I have a mixture of complete albums, part-albums and single songs. I have songs that I listen to all of the time and songs that... well... I don't even know how some of those songs ended up in my iTunes library!

About Ping, I can't even use it since my computer is apparently too old in make for the new Itunes upgrade and it won't let me use the new iTunes.

I have every song with the right information, especially since most of the music comes from CDS (yes, CDS). Some songs are random downloads though from things like Urban Outfitters when they have free songs. I should probably actually listen to them soon to see if I actually like them.

I haven't had time to try Ping but when I do I'll let everyone know how it is.

I added She & Him to Ping about a week ago, but I haven't gotten any updates. Seem as if not a lot of bands are on the bang wagon about Ping since I went through the list of artists who have it and it took about 5 minutes.

I think my itunes is a bit messy..I haven't organized it that well and I have some songs that don't have names or anything which kind su*cks, but luckily most of my itunes music is from CD's I've bought.

I'm an organization freak so almost all files have all the song information (well just title, artist, album, track number, year and genre) filled in, completed with album artwork, and have lyrics if they are not instrumental. I only listen to about 1/3 of 2567 songs in the library though.

:lol: I'll make you dinner
I have so much more control on my pictures..or so I'm hoping.

Me too!! :woot: Whenever I see someone's iTunes library, I just have the urge to bug them to at least use correct capitalization, delete extra spacings and name the songs... I sneak-edited a friend's library once...:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->