J. Crew

It's me again with another update! Especially since I indulged a bit this morning. :blush:

EXTRA 30% off final sale: enter MUSTHAVE at checkout

A few basic goodies I scooped up:

$6.99 after discount:

erez

$10.49 after discount:

erez

jcrew.com

Erin, what a good deal on that dress!

I saw that sale email this morning, but didn't find anything I had to have. Your finds are very nice, though.

I ordered that dress during the last discount in the gray color, I'm still undecided on it because the drawstring hits me at the wrong place. However, I figured in the winter under a longish coat it'll be a good layering piece.

Erin, congrats on your haul! very cute stuff!!!!!!

I ordered that dress during the last discount in the gray color, I'm still undecided on it because the drawstring hits me at the wrong place. However, I figured in the winter under a longish coat it'll be a good layering piece.

Ugh, I know. Also, it's not 100% my style but I'm a victim of clearance and for $10 I know I can work something out with this dress. :wink:

silk romper

silk chiffon cami

starfish short

I listed my favorites above... The silk romper is exquisite! I love it. :heart: The cami is dreamy, too... very romantic. Thanks so much for sharing your finds!!

I listed my favorites above... The silk romper is exquisite! I love it. :heart: The cami is dreamy, too... very romantic. Thanks so much for sharing your finds!!

thanks, Erin! *hugs*

BUMP!

For $16 several weeks ago I purchased a pair of their "Hip Zip" Pixie Denim Pants. I've been wearing them with my knee-high boots and they're such a relief from thicker denim.

However, sadly, after the first washing I've discovered a bit of a tear in the seam near one of the zippers... :(

JCrewblackHip-ZipDenimLeggingsPixie2NWT88stock.jpg

jcrew.com

BUMP!

Any J. Crew purchases lately? I'm slightly obsessed...

Here's a link to a video you can watch on their Italian-made shoes... I enjoyed it:
About a Shoe

And I was in J. Crew yesterday and fell in love with a few new items. :heart:

Paulina Ankle-Tie Ballet Flats
erez

Sequin Drizzle Tank (which I picked up on clearance for $29.99 in the nude/blush color)
erez

jcrew.com

Ohhh, and this Sequin Long Skirt... gorgeous...

Though I don't care for much of their "Collection" line...

erez

jcrew.com

Wow - love all the items posted Erin! I haven't got anythign from them in awhile (despite their excellent sales) because of the shipping costs from Canada to the UK (and paying the taxes to get things shipped in to Canada). I really wish they'd open up a store in London! The long sequin skirt is a great idea - I'm sure it's expensive, and not something I'd actually wear, but I like it none the less!

I am loving that sequin skirt! I have nowhere to wear it but it is gorgeous! I just got my new catalog in the mail, I see that there are some new collabs going on, such as MiH jeans and New Balance sneakers. New Balance was very unexpected!

i don't even look at jcrew anymore...

i feel like they jacked up the prices---but the clothes are actually really youthful now...
which doesn't quite match up...
also, the quality of the construction and fabric has gone steadily downhill for years now...

so, yea...
i haven't bought anything there in ages...
i dont' even pop into the store anymore...
and i used to do so regularly...
just to see what they had and i'd always pick up a few things...

i like them better when they were less frou frou and just really well tailored classic and reliable staples that you'd mix with more fashion forward stuff...
with everyone trying to be so - fashion-y lately...
it's getting harder and harder to find good classic tailored clothing at an affordable price...

:ermm:

i do like their shoots and their catalogs though...
:P

I think their styling in the catalogs is great. To be honest, for my wardrobe, I find J.Crew does offer a lot of great basics, as well as price-conscious fashion forward pieces, and then crazy elaborate pieces (like $2,000 sequined pants) - but I love the variety. And the variety in sizing (ie petites, tall, etc.) I've never had a problem with quality.

For awhile I was a bit 'meh' on their styling and offerings, but I think things are starting to pick up again. I loved a lot of items in their spring lookbook. Just got these wedges - I think they are a more wearable (ie everyday) version of the wedges put out by Celine and Chloe
erez

jcrew.com

I have had problems with J. Crew's Dream collection. They just pill too much too soon. My last J. Crew purchase (in Oct.) was a waffled cashmere zip sweater, which I looooove and have worn many times and no pilling yet.

hmm - thanks for the warning. I have two J. Crew sweaters (well technically one is my boyfriend's but I'm the only one who wears it) but neither are the dream collection. That's frustrating - I hate pilling :(

Thanks for the article Erin! Really interesting read - it seems that sales reflected my sentiment above that late last year, the styling and products were a bit boring. It's great to see Jenna speak about their concern over quality (like their recent video about their shoes being made in Italy) and also how important styling is. There are a lot of great pieces out right now - can't wait for the next update. I really wish they would either ship to the UK or open a store in London...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Meg, those wedges are fantastic! And they look absolutely comfortable! Nice purchase. :blush:

There's also a video of Jenna on Wall Street Journal Online... I'm not sure if I can embed it, so here's the link:

Boss Talk: J.Crew's Jenna Lyons

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->