Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey Divorce

I've got no clue why this topic posted twice... can a mod delete the other one... Sorry:flower:

Does anyone know yet why they're getting a divorce, and/or why it will be bitter? (I don't buy the ragmags)

Anyone else think it's funny that both Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston's lawyers are involved?

They're getting divorced because Jessica was unhappy being with Nick. They became undevoted to eachother due to their lack of effort to work things out like you must in a relationship. They could have worked things out but this is Hollywood and that kind of thing doesn't take place there.

To put my usual sarcasm aside for these two, they just played their "Tour of Duty" special in Australia and it felt weird watching them together, I did feel sad for them - especially when they were reuniting all these married couples who are in the army.

I do believe that they suited eachother, it's just a pity they couldn't put differences aside.

New bf?

Someone on the other Jessica thread mentioned she has a new boyfriend... can anyone confirm?? Yikes...

She pushed him away. She was self absorbed and acted as if the world including Nick revolved around her. She was not supportive of his efforts to make a career for himself whether he became successful or not. I'm not agreeing with Nick cheating, but he had his reasons. Doesn't make it right, but that's the reality of the situation. He deserves so much better. A former boss told me a quote long time ago about the kind of women he would marry. FIGURATIVELY speaking, he said he'd marry a wh*re over a virgin because the wh*re has been around and has an idea of what she wants, a virgin doesn't, and will constantly be curious. Jessica is getting a taste of a different life outside of Nick and she wants to explore it.

baghag39 said:
Someone on the other Jessica thread mentioned she has a new boyfriend... can anyone confirm?? Yikes...

I doubt it.

NOE said:
Wow, that would be so tasteless to promote herself as a single woman with a new show... but we all know it's true that Joe is pushing her to do it. Just awful.

It'll be her and Cacee club hopping every night. :yuk:

educo said:
She pushed him away. She was self absorbed and acted as if the world including Nick revolved around her. She was not supportive of his efforts to make a career for himself whether he became successful or not. I'm not agreeing with Nick cheating, but he had his reasons. Doesn't make it right, but that's the reality of the situation. He deserves so much better. A former boss told me a quote long time ago about the kind of women he would marry. FIGURATIVELY speaking, he said he'd marry a wh*re over a virgin because the wh*re has been around and has an idea of what she wants, a virgin doesn't, and will constantly be curious. Jessica is getting a taste of a different life outside of Nick and she wants to explore it.

this thread can be closed now. You've said it all! I couldn't agree more.

Nick & Jessica's Divorce Is Final
nicklachey4vd.jpg

Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey are officially divorced, according to papers filed in L.A. County Superior Court.

On Friday documents were released in which the former couple asked that retired Superior Court Judge Dana Senit Henry be appointed "for the sole purpose of" ending their marriage. They asked the judge to "bifurcate" the case, meaning to make the divorce official without settling all the financial details.

In fact, money has been a sticking point between the couple. Soon after Simpson filed for divorce last December, Lachey specified that he reserved the right to ask for spousal support, though in a published interview he denied that he planned to ask for alimony.

The end of Simpson and Lachey's marriage concludes the dramatic final chapter in the relationship of the couple who married in 2002 and then starred together the MTV reality series, Newlyweds, which chronicled their early, happier days together.

In a statement released the day before Thanksgiving last year, Simpson and Lachey announced their split, saying: "After three years of marriage, and careful thought and consideration, we have decided to part ways. This is the mutual decision of two people with an enormous amount of respect and admiration for each other. We hope that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."

On Dec. 16, divorce papers were filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, by which time Simpson already had begun her new life – by moving in to her new $3 million Beverly Hills home. (The Calabasas mansion she had shared with Lachey went on the market for $3.75 million and was bought by Malcolm in the Middle actor Justin Berfield.)

"She's happy to have a house that's hers," someone close to the pop star told PEOPLE at the time. "This is the first time she's making her own decisions."

For his part, Lachey confided to Rolling Stone in April that he was taken by complete surprise when Simpson dropped the D-word to him. "I'll tell you how I knew my marriage was over: I was told," he said, explaining that he was "blindsided" when his then-wife told him after dinner last November that she wanted to split up.

As for seeking out a new relationship, Simpson told Maxim magazine recently that, "A guy with a great imagination sends me through the rafters. … I love it!"

Since the split, both Simpson, 25, and Lachey, 32, have been linked to a variety of new partners. Most recently, she was seen engaging in a public flirtation with Jared Leto. Lachey, alternately, has been said to be romancing Vanessa Minnillo and/or stylist Kim Kardashian.

Professionally, Simpson has been causing quite a buzz with her new video for her single "Public Affair." Simpson costars in it with Eva Longoria, Christina Applegate and Ryan Seacrest among others, and shot it recently at a Los Angeles roller rink.

Lachey, meanwhile, has been out promoting his new album, What's Left of Me.

people.com

I was watching season 1 of Newlyweds last night, and I still think it's such a shame that they are over. I felt so pathetic because it actually made me sad! I was telling myself to get a life and then had to give myself another lecture for talking to myself. :cry: :lol:

Well...best of luck to them both. I heard rumors that Joe Simpson wants Jess to do a reality show where she is seen dating and trying to find a guy, but I think they are just rumors. She has said a few times that she is done with reality tv. Although, she may change her mind if the price is right. :innocent:

aww I know cosmogrl..they were so cute in it!

I can't stand Joe Simpson :innocent: no more reality shows Jessica!! Didn't you learn your lesson *smacks her knuckles with a ruler* tskkk tsk tsk.

Get it over with already! I'm sick of hearing about it..

I think the marriage would've worked out if they weren't part of Hollywood.

Actually I think most marriages can work out if they don't involve Hollywood.

You know what cosmogrl5? I thought the same thing....:lol: When I saw the title of this thread and then it was updated, I thought, 'wow, so it really is over...' :cry: I guess it's hard sometimes to see that even though these people live in Hollyweird, they are only human too and it's just sad when you see people part ways, etc. :(

eternitygoddess said:
I think the marriage would've worked out if they weren't part of Hollywood.

Actually I think most marriages can work out if they don't involve Hollywood.

Joe Simpson's brilliant idea to get them into reality tv is what I think ruined them...launched them to fame so quickly, then Jessica getting a hot bod, and being in movies, and they were the most famous couple in Hollywood. Too much pressure can make people/relationships crumble.....even in more simple circumstances..

I have to say I'm on "Team Nick" in this whole thing...he seems so un-hollywood, and like such a cool, normal guy. I feel like all that attention and obsession over them really was way too much for them to handle.

^The entire thing makes me wonder is true love actually real? Or does reality overcome it?

I mean if Jessica and Nick weren't part of Hollywood, they would be together. But now they're apart. So love is just a dependant of circumstances?

Pa Simpson...you'd think he was the one with the umbilical cord attached to Jessica....:doh: He's taken George Michael's "Father Figure" song to another level....:yuk:

BohemianBeauty22 said:
Pa Simpson...you'd think he was the one with the umbilical cord attached to Jessica....:doh: He's taken George Michael's "Father Figure" song to another level....:yuk:
lol lol ohh that song.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jessica's father had a hand in their marriage ending...I swear that man has an unhealthy lust for his daughters :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellaboyce
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->