Karl Lagerfeld (March 2010 - December 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good Evening....velcome to Castle Dracula....I trust your journey went well...????" :unsure:

Karl Lagerfeld attends the Irreverent Dinner hosted by Carine Roitfeld at Cabaret Raspoutine on October 4, 2011 in Paris, France.
128005035.jpg

Getty

From Styleite-

Karl Lagerfeld’s long-rumored “masstige” collection is finally coming to fruition. Last year, Lagerfeld cancelled the Paris runway show for his eponymous womenswear collection in order to focus his energies on a new, Internet-based line — which we now know is launching in January.

Lagerfeld, along with Pier Paolo Righi, the president of Lagerfeld’s parent company, unveiled the news at a press conference in the designers home. Women’s Wear Daily reports:
Righi flipped through a catalogue showing Dutch beauty Saskia de Brauw modeling a range of Karl looks, from silvery jeans and Perfecto-style vests to an elegant black cocktail dress with a plunging back, some of them accessorized à la Karl with fingerless gloves and detachable, demonstrative collars. He used the words “street” and “rock” to describe the brand’s fashion attitude. Although he defined the collection as “ageless,” it is mainly targeted at women in their late teens and early 20s with its preponderance of denim and leather.
Accordingly, the collection will be priced from $95 to $450 and will launch on Net-A-Porter on January 25. An e-commerce component on KarlLagerfeld.com will follow a month later, on February 28. While a launch event is planned for Paris Fashion Week, Righi told WWD “the venture is designed to be primarily Web-based, as the designer is convinced it’s the main way to connect and communicate with today’s young generation.”
We’re sold. Are you?

Anyone know where/when this year's Métiers D'Art show will take place? I feel so out of the loop...

^^ I would also like to know! I've tried to find it but I cannot. No information on Chanel-News either. Its soon, no? December? :unsure:

Point de Vue N°3301 du 26 Octobre au 1 Nov 2011 ebook30.com

KARL'S FINE PRINT: Karl Lagerfeld is known to be a crowd pleaser, and on Feb. 7 he will be courting an audience of 800 million-plus. The designer has agreed to be global guest editor on that day for Metro International newspapers. The Kaiser is taking a page from Lady Gaga, who did the honors on May 17 and reached more than 800 million people in the process. Lagerfeld will spend the day in the company’s Paris newsroom working with editors and providing illustrations and commentary for “The World According to Karl” edition. The special issue will kick off Metro’s coverage for fashion weeks in New York, London, Milan and Paris, with coverage running in Metro’s newspapers in 100 cities in 22 countries. The newspapers has a daily readership of more than 17 million.

“I love daily papers and it’s fun to be part of one of them just for the day. Metro is on a worldwide scale and it’s even more fun,” Lagerfeld said.

As part of the lead-up, Metro readers will be encouraged to compete in a Look Book competition where they will submit their own fashion statements to a global Web site to try to win a trip to Paris to be the editorial assistant on Feb. 6, as well as an assortment of items from Lagerfeld’s collections.

wwd.com

Finally!!

Luxury fashion house Chanel's Metiers D'Art collection, which is inspired by India, will be held in Paris on December 6. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->