Kate Moss for Longchamp

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
Longchamp has tapped Kate Moss to design a signature line of handbags.

The model, star of the French accessories’ firm’s advertising for the past four years, worked with Longchamp artistic director Sophie Delafontaine on a collection labeled Kate Moss for Longchamp. It will arrive in its boutiques and select department stores starting Feb. 11. It is understood to be a long-term contract calling for two collections per year.

Moss discussed the collaboration in an interview appearing in this week’s French Elle. Longchamp officials could not immediately be reached for comment.
The emerald green pochette, whose color I love, I wanted to be very simple, based on the shape of an envelope. I would wear it with all black or all navy. Because I love to wear dove grey, I wanted a bag in that color to go with my grey jeans. The zebra was inspired by an old pony printed valise from the '70s that my boyfriend [Jamie Hince] brought back from San Francisco, very dry, very trashed, without any glamour, and which I loved. As for the bags in cognac leather, it's a color and a very supple leather that we found in equestrian accessories stores, and we unfortunately can no longer find.
and scans from february 2010 vogue paris (scanned by laetitia:(

the bags remind me of the sofia coppola/vuitton bags...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, well, she's Kate Moss not Miuccia Prada. She proably didn't even design them herself, just nodded her head yes and no.

the bags remind me of the sofia coppola/vuitton bags...

Me too. I thought she was going to design something along the trademark Longchamp bags -- you know, the foldable traveling ones?

Backstage : Kate Moss for Longchamp
Elle Russia February 2010

Journal Plaza

I thought since these had Kate's name on them, they'd be more interesting...edgy...fun? I'm not too impressed...

logical, it's still for Longchamp, they can't change their style for a collection by Kate.

^well personally i'd prefer to have the classic pliage bag with some kind of kate moss's signature (just like jeremy scott did not long ago) than see these really ugly and senseless bags. :innocent:

I actualyl really love this collaboration. I'm not a HUGE fan of hers but she's very fluent when it comes to fashion and has created a different voice for the brand. Plus, I adore Longchamp!

Also, if you read the article, she did look at some vintage and had Longchamp use a leather that was only being used by equestrains that is no longer being used. I think she's more of a business woman than some people give her credit for.

I wouldn't buy any of them, but I honestly don't think they're THAT bad.
Anyone know if there are more pics or are these it? :unsure:

4291352543_92b733fef8.jpg
913059253_259e529cc5.jpg

flickr/hyp1987; flickr/jellygirl

I just can't deal with that zebra interior...

It just automatically makes the bags look cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->