Kenzo x H&M

I think it's safe to say that this won't cause a huge clustereff like the Balmain collection did.

Just as well! I'm piqued to see what they'll turn out based on the video prints. I hate making purchases in haste and with people pushing and shoving like a bunch of vultures. I imagine it will be very much like Marni.

@ Koko: I would be in heaven if they'd apply that first print in your post to the collection. It's really quite something to behold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exclusive: Get a First Look at the Kenzo x H&M Collection

The big reveal is still months away—we’ll see it IRL around the time the U.S. elects its next president—but H&M has shared three looks from its upcoming Kenzo collaboration with Vogue.com today. Given Kenzo Takada’s penchant for clashing patterns and textures and current creative directors Carol Lim and Humberto Leon’s own lively work at the label, the lineup is plenty colorful. In fact, the tiger stripes that figure in all of these images are based on archival prints. “Lots of customers only know the side of Kenzo we worked on,” said Leon by phone from Malibu, where he’s vacationing with his family. “But we’re celebrating the brand’s 50th anniversary. We’ve kept Kenzo Takada close to our hearts; he comes to all our shows. We want to do something that makes him feel proud.”

That extends beyond the vibe of the clothes. Takada, like Lim and Leon after him, was an outsider in Paris. He arrived in the mid-’60s, around the time that Yves Saint Laurent was shaking up the old-school haute couture system with his Rive Gauche ready-to-wear. The Japanese-born designer presented his own version of streetwear, and made a point of putting on runway shows that reflected real life. Inclusivity and individuality were guiding principles in the Kenzo collections of the 1970s. Riffing on that concept for the H&M collaboration lookbook, rather than casting professional models, Leon and Lim have recruited friends and influencers: “People we admire, icons in their own fields, people who are influential beyond their fashion sensibility,” said Leon. Pictured here are Amy Sall, an activist and founder of SUNU: Journal of African Affairs, Critical Thought + Aesthetics, and artist and poet Juliana Huxtable; Oko Ebombo, a music and performance artist; and Isamaya Ffrench, a makeup artist and member of the London-based collective Theo Adams Company.

“This is just the beginning,” said Leon of the lookbook stars. “We really put our heart and soul into how it will look. We just love what they do.”
vogue

The mens look piqued my interest!!! Not the slippers though, too much, I think.

These prints are not my favorite but I'm excited that they're using archives :smile: looking forward to the rest...

Am the only one who thinks this looks too cheap?

Even for H&M standards? Lets wait ....

I wouldn´t buy the tiger sweater but I´d buy anything with these prints (cause I´ve never came across anything with them), fingers crossed! :D
I'm not sure about the womenswear but I know they have definitely used these prints for the menswear, with some added variations of course.

^every time I´m near a store selling Kenzo I browse and never found womenswear with those prints, perhaps it´s just my bad luck. I once spotted a woman wearing a skirt with the koi fish print and thought of chasing and asking her but by the time I decided, she was gone :lol:

I don't like this.

popsugar

Attachments

• kenzo.jpg
    kenzo.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 24
^I like the print, perhaps in something smaller like the scarf or even just the skirt part but that whole outfit (which I can´t really tell what it is) is not my thing.

^^I think I would like the dress better if it didn´t have the kimono sleeves. The boots´soles are interesting.

HQs
I wonder if they´re also going to sell nail stickers...

about.hm.com

those pink boots have potential to look cheap if poorly styled

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->