• Lee Miller by Edward Steichen-New York-1928.jpg
    Lee Miller by Edward Steichen-New York-1928.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 27
with picasso

Attachments

• Picasso & Lee Miller in Picassos Studio.jpg
    Picasso & Lee Miller in Picassos Studio.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 11
there is also a good photo in that book of her in Hitler's bathtub. Thanks for all the photos anna.

^you're welcome! yes i know the picture..also the story about their getting in hitler's house is very interesting...i was somehow shying away from posting the picture because since the movie "der untergang" started here(in germany) there has been a very strange motion towards being interested in hitler's persona, and pitying him..mystifying things instead of taking history lessons...something that makes my stomach turn.

but it's a good picture and it's about something else, so:

Attachments

• Lee_Miller_Hitlers_bathtub_Munich.jpg
    Lee_Miller_Hitlers_bathtub_Munich.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 31
by arnold genthe

Attachments

• Lee Miller by Arnold Genthe-New York-1927.jpg
    Lee Miller by Arnold Genthe-New York-1927.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 277
i understand where you are coming from....but its such an eerie photo. a woman doing such an ordinary thing (washing) in an ordinary but quite an extraordinary place. It certainly makes you think and thats what great photography is about... thanks for posting.

in 1970

Attachments

• Lee Miller1970.jpg
    Lee Miller1970.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 10
helena said:
i understand where you are coming from....but its such an eerie photo. a woman doing such an ordinary thing (washing) in an ordinary but quite an extraordinary place. It certainly makes you think and thats what great photography is about...
i agree.

man ray again

Attachments

• Lee_Miller_1930_jpg.jpg
    Lee_Miller_1930_jpg.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 18
all the greats!
with leonora carrington and nusch eluard:
graw5.jpg

ha ha! this feels like deja vu, anna karina! i also caught the lee miller exhibition at the national portrait gallery (on until may 30). It is fantastic!!!! are you in london or close by? you should definitely look into checking this one out. :smile:

^o, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately i won't make it to london until summer (and i'm not close by^_^)
is it a retrospective of her work?

yes. it first takes you through a bit of her modelling, then to her vogue assignments, work as a war correspondent, and then there are lots of shots of her friends. she had an incredible group of friends...some influential surrealists, picasso!!! it was really good. maybe you could track down the lee miller book that the NPG has published on her (or take a look at it in the gift shop the next time you're in london). it has all the pictures from the exhibition.

thanks for making a lee miller topic! she's fantastic :smile: i'm glad that i was at the gallery on my own because i spent SO LONG there. :smile: i enjoyed it very much.

i´m very happy that this thread reappeared.i didn´t know anything about lee miller before.i only saw 1 or 2 of her man ray -pics when i was searching for man ray´s potraits of kiki de montparnasse.i´m sure you posted some pictures of her in the beauty icons-thread at KR too.it seems to me that she was a fascinating woman.it´s always interesting to see that behind the apparent beauty there´s a lot more to discover...and i like to discover interesting people,especially women.
i LOVE the interiour design of her house :heart:...and the garden.i would move in there any day :wink:.do you have more pictures of her home??
anyway,i will definitely read more about her.....zelda can wait :whistling:.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you fashionbébé! the npg book sounds good!

somnambule, you`re welcome, she was actually the "opening beauty" on kr's beauty icons thread:lol:

i have a book "das haus der surrealisten" which is full of pictures and where i took the images of the room and the garden from...i might scan some more:flower:

i'm glad you like her. (but zelda was known to be impatient sometimes^_^)

- :shock: :blush: :lol: ouch,i´m in desperate need of a mouse hole.

-oh yes,please post post more pictures of her house.i would love to see them :flower:.

-i can only hope miss zelda won´t start a rebellion on my bookshelf.there´s a huge number of other neglected people there who would surely like to join her :innocent:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->