limifeu06.jpg

limifeu37.jpg
limifeu38.jpg

limifeu39.jpg
limifeu40.jpg

limifeu41.jpg
limifeu42.jpg

wwd

I love this but somehow I find it looking like Y's Red Label by Michiko Suzuki and more mature than Limi has been

oh it's gorgeous! the jackets with the draping are beautiful and that last black dress kiddo posted....very witchy:brows::wub: and the menswear....i have to say the only look that takes me is the hooded,belted coat...the one with the model's hands in the pockets.

it is very mature for her and i agree with the michiko correlation but i think she executed everything really well....very strong.

This is the most elegant collection I've ever seen from Limi... :heart:
It's stunning, especially the black and white pieces/looks which are becoming a Limi trademark. I love that she has managed to inject a bit of elegance and refinement into her playful, spirited aesthetic. It is still very Limi and very 'cool' but now it truly knocks one of their feet... :crush:

one or two pieces made me go 'wth' but as a whole this collection is very well put together and ia with this being one of the most elegant Limi collections. wow.

love how it mixes really laid back silhouettes with a sense of elegance! i adore everything that's maximized!

limi + menswear = a match made in heaven, was just waiting to happen :winkiss:

too many perfect pieces to mention. she is so on point this season.

and the menswear....i have to say the only look that takes me is the hooded,belted coat...the one with the model's hands in the pockets.
love that look, too.

though i cannot believe i would wear EVERYTHING (except those last dress of course).
isn't it very boyish ? (not androgynous - in the sense there's no message in it for the outfits to be worn by both gender or confuse the borders of genders). it's very old japanese man.

mature and perfect.

i have recently come to understand that men all seem to somehow love a woman wearing a white man's shirt...
:P

so it makes sense that runner and BR would both like that look...
and lucille...
i thought of you when i saw the beginning of this, esp the dresses...
^_^

i agree with the comparison to the Y's work...
and i also agree that it is more refined and mature than some recent collections....
still...
it seems a bit redundant for me...

* doesn't droogist have those boots?

what i want is what limi is wearing herself...:shock:
it's that sweater from fall 09 with the leather straps/buckles that i LOVE SO MUCH!!!
and the boots are also what i am looking for!!!
she dresses SO much like i like to dress...
^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
telegraph.co.uk

the first line is priceless...
:lol:...

Paris Fashion Week: Limi Feu

Hilary Alexander reviews the Limi Feu spring/summer 2010 collection from Paris Fashion Week.

By Hilary Alexander, Fashion Director at Paris Fashion Week
Published: 3:26PM BST 30 Sep 2009

"What do you think of my clothes?” Limi Feu posed the question in the little notebook that formed her invitation. "Are they a little Yohji Yamamoto?"
Hardly surprising if they were, since Limi is Yohji”s daughter.

The Japanese fashion maestro, who slipped quietly into a front-row seat in a baggy suit and hat, laughed when asked the same question.
“DNA,” he said with a smile.
Not that we mind. No designer can live forever. It’s a pleasure to see that Limi is so capable of continuing the tradition of wearable, albeit occasionally a bit wonky, avant-garde dressing.
She uses as her second name, the French word for fire because, apparently, she has quite a fiery nature.
The same could be said for the atmosphere in the stiflingly hot Turbigo Studio where she unveiled her spring/summer 2010 men's and women’s collection.
The models (including a cute Yorkshire terrier who gazed inquisitively at the cameras) walked on a shocking-pink carpet – a colour, incidentally, echoed in the invitations to papa’s show tomorrow night. The theme was largely black-and-white, and oversized: white shirts with square, rolled-up or raglan sleeves, or else cut like a cape; drop-crotch, cropped trousers; waistcoats with shoestring straps, paired with full, asymmetric skirts; tailcoat and robe-coat variations.
Black-and-white, wide-stripe trousers, with turn-ups, pockets and waistband in a smaller stripe, and a series of voluminous, gathered smocks, in black-and-white spots the size of saucers, or else in plain blue and fiery red, provided a quick flash of print and colour.
Pointy-toe lace-ups and ‘Chelsea’ boots were flat to the floor, and the models’ hair was dressed with metal-spiked headbands, with cuffs to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->