John Galliano S/S 10 Paris

After see the details i fell in love with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
aha that's a big joke as ever. truly, it's always the same with him, at the begining it was nice, but now it's really borring

I am sure laser lit runway in dark room with smoke filled bubbles falling down must have been magical in person, but i have to say it is damn annoying with the photos. I can't appreciate the details properly

well, actually this technique isn't new...except te red color, it was FIRST used by davidelfin for one of his show, for SS09 i think...

I'm so not amazed by this collection. The fabrics look more cheap than they usually do in the latest Galliano's collections and they're mixed in a very unattractive way.

Weak collection.Nothing really outstanding a la Galliano,it's just a simple collection,there's no wow factor about it.
And those bubbles on the runway are SO distracting,I was looking pictures on style and one sphere was covering Sasha's face and another one was covering her legs :judge:
The fake toxic snow was much better

WOW! Absolutely stunning collection, the make up is insanely beautiful, as always.

i say kick him out of Dior and give him a John Galliano haute couture atelier!
yes, it is kind of the same as the latest seasons... but alber elbaz does the same and i don't hear people complaining!
why complain when it's this good? the draping, the jackets, the make up, the long dresses, the colors... it's everything we don't see at dior
plus, it is arguable that pigalle has been his sole source of inspiration lately. he's been mixing it with indian, russian, 20s inspirations too. of course the styling and makeup remains very cabaret pigalle girl... but that's just John!
it's like saying mcqueen is too sinister... that's just him season after season

Noo there wouldn`t be more perfect designer for the House of Dior.(Except the Real Monsieur Dior!)And if you just turn the world,you wouldn`t be able to find more perfect designer for Dior.John Galliano for Dior is a trademark.John suits the best to this Fashion House.

i say kick him out of Dior and give him a John Galliano haute couture atelier!
yes, it is kind of the same as the latest seasons... but alber elbaz does the same and i don't hear people complaining!
why complain when it's this good? the draping, the jackets, the make up, the long dresses, the colors... it's everything we don't see at dior
plus, it is arguable that pigalle has been his sole source of inspiration lately. he's been mixing it with indian, russian, 20s inspirations too. of course the styling and makeup remains very cabaret pigalle girl... but that's just John!
it's like saying mcqueen is too sinister... that's just him season after season

The thing is, though, we've come to expect John to play with things and bring us some of the most bizarre inspirations that somehow he makes work. I don't think the McQueen comparison is too accurate because sinister is more about the mood and feel whereas John is copying this 1920s lady of Pigalle over and over; 1920s lady of Pigalle in Russia... 1920s lady of Pigalle goes to the carnevale... 1920s lady of Pigalle [insert event/country here] and that's a John Galliano collection for the last few seasons. I'm tired of this extended vacation this same lady is taking and sending us postcards. She needs a new makeover and a new attitude.

I wouldn't ask John to give more if I didn't think he was capable. ^_^

Oh, and there are budding John Galliano's amongst us. :shifty:

I don't know that it's really fair to label this as typical Galliano "Pigalle" stuff, mostly because the clothes are simply the signatures which Galliano has built his entire reputation on; the mini slip, the feminine tailored jacket, the bias cut gown, the lingerie elements, the frilly blouse....those are the clothes he's always sold, albeit in various incarnations over the years. These last few years he's just been going through a super-pretty, vintage phase in his career, which explains why the results on the runway are fairly straightforward. He'll move on, it's only been about four years since he started going back to that territory after all.

'Oh the drama'........unfortunately that isn't enough with Galliano anymore.
You can't just paper over the cracks with theatrics.
Some of this is good but rehashed of course, but some pieces are hopelessly mismatched and often hicklety picklety (oh how very English of me:(rolleyes:
Very watchable but slightly disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->