Lipstick vs. Gloss

^ my issue with using the two together is more of the lipstick staining the gloss applicator and making it yucky

Eau de Gloss, Bourjois :flower:. With 14% of water. You just don't feel it. But some people were complaining (my mom for example:D) about drying your lips, but I didn't have this problem.
[bourjois.usa]
Thanks!
i'm already at sephora.com now, i think i'll be getting one (try out if it's good), which colour do you recommend? ^_^

I love the Chanel glossimers but I received a Too Faced gloss and I have to say it stayed on very long and wasn't sticky or extremely shiny.

Thanks. I think i'll go test it out at the Chanel counter one of these days. :smile:

I'm definitely a lipstick girl - there is something that is just so...elegant about lipstick that lipgloss just can't match. I also tend to prefer matte/stain type colors too, and lipstick just lasts longer (seriously, I feel like I need to reapply gloss every 15 minutes, and my hair sticks to it when its windy - and I live in Chicago, so that is often).

Nars is my favorite - amazing quality and colors (here's a good review - http://www.3luxe.com/best_ofs/Lipstick/NARS_Lipstick). Afghan Red and Spanish Red are great when you want a dramatic look; Schiap is also fun (but I'm a little obsessed with Schiaperelli and her signature shocking pink).

I tend to stick with balm when I don't want bold lips, though - my lipcolor preferences are all or nothing.

I used to love gloss...but I hated the way it looked in photos (v.shiny!) so have recently become a lipstick convert ^_^

I've found that using chapstick and a lip pencil allows for a muted matte look which looks more like a stain...almost as if your lips are blushing, but without the dryness of true matte lipstick.

Gloss is for teenagers

I like both, but for a more refined look I can't go past lipstick. It lasts longer and isn't so ridiculously shiny. Although I do find gloss rather moisturising. Hmmm, can't decide!

I use both because I find that some colours work better as a gloss, and others as a lipstick. So, all my glosses are pale neutral colours, and my lipsticks are darker colours - my favourite is red ^_^ I just think that deep red or pink lipgloss would look ridiculous on me.

I use both because I find that some colours work better as a gloss, and others as a lipstick. So, all my glosses are pale neutral colours, and my lipsticks are darker colours - my favourite is red ^_^ I just think that deep red or pink lipgloss would look ridiculous on me.

I was gonna write the same post. So I thought it would be easier to quote you. :D

I agree lipstick does seem sort of dated, like going through your Mother's old makeup, even though there are some lipstick brands that I like (mostly nudes though) I do tend to prefer glosess with a slight bit of colour to them. :flower: So my vote goes to glosses.

:lol: at the mom's jokes.

For casual occasions, running errands and just bumming around, lipgloss is great.

For special occasions, when a sophisticated, wordly look is called for, lipstick is IT.

I use both and although I have more lipglosses if i had to choose just one, i'd take lipsticks... They are just much better imo

I also really like the loreal lipstick/gloss duo- Invinvible kiss proof.
Apply the lipstick then 1 min. later apply the gloss. You get candy apple lips and the lipstick is so strong it doesn´t even show on the white wand of the gloss.

It lasts AGES on the lips and it´s great for a party!
The only inconvinient is that if you use it for several days it does dry the lips.
The Red one is simply amazing!!! :smile:

KISS-PROOF-UG,-a-Pink-Sugar.gif

starcosmetics.co.uk

Iprefer gloss, it'm more natural looking.

Both are in heavy rotation...but just a hint of vaseline and gloss for casual days out! :flower:

Lipstick! I really only like light and natural looking shades though. My lips are quite large compared to most people so it looks like I have a big pile of shiney goo on my lips. Plus it feels nasty.

Lipstick is a lot harder for women to pull off than lipgloss, but if you can wear it, I say do! If I ever wear lipstick I only dab it on top of lip balm so that it isn't too harsh.

Gloss works well for me personally. Everyone has their preference though.

I like lip gloss. I don't like how lipstick gets all over everything. Plus, I'd rather play up my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evelynnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->