Longer Skirts F/W 06.07

I liked the Ann Dem ones too from the F/W 06.07 collection, slit on the side and very very wearable too. :heart:

Kimkhuu said:
mid calf
.....It is the most flattering skirt lenght when paired with ankle boots. :heart:

that's so true.. but i'll stick with a bit shorter than just mid calf, i dont find this flattering for me.
i can see it 'happening' though.

no signs of mid calf as yet on the mass market,
even though floor lengths were there :heart:

fave 'longer skirt length' for the season, from Jasmin Shokrian fw0607 NY
00030f.jpg

00250f.jpg

thats another longer length that could go well with ankle boots :crush:

credited to Vogue.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Mulletproof :flower:

I do think most lengths from the knees down have potential, but I think Vera Wang showed some of the most awkward looks possible with her mid-calf skirts - Tao's were lovely, on the other hand...I agree with Lena - H&M is carrying a full-length skirt right now, but I haven't yet seen anything mid-calf hit the stores hereabouts.

A few more longer skirts this fall:

Attachments

• 00280m.jpg
    00280m.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 00250m.jpg
    00250m.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 00360m.jpg
    00360m.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 0
  • 00310m.jpg
    00310m.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 0
  • 00140m.jpg
    00140m.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 00130m.jpg
    00130m.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 00200m.jpg
    00200m.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 00330m.jpg
    00330m.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
love the shrokian skirts. and the prada ones, too. ^_^ :heart:

skirted said:
Thanks, Mulletproof :flower:

I do think most lengths from the knees down have potential, but I think Vera Wang showed some of the most awkward looks possible with her mid-calf skirts - Tao's were lovely, on the other hand...I agree with Lena - H&M is carrying a full-length skirt right now, but I haven't yet seen anything mid-calf hit the stores hereabouts.

A few more longer skirts this fall:

I would love a skirt like the black one in the last picture in my wardrobe........

hmmm I find floor length skirts very very hard to pull off without looks frump or just plain silly. I'd say the longest I'm ever willing to go is about mid-calf length.

Had this nice black floor length skirt made for me that looks very goth. Works excellent with a pair of black 5.5" platform boots. Must say I like the floor length a lot more than mid calf.

I like this trend very much in dark shades (as it is usually done), but I don't think I could pull this off. You have to be quite tall to succeed, I think.

Well, I'd think people with average length have got so much more advantages, as most clothes are already long enough. The taller you are the less clothes fit properly. I'm 6'2" without shoes so with the platforms I'm close to 6'8" which is why I had the skirt custom made.

softgrey said:
funny--i am seeing the very opposite...
short and definitely above the knee-as lena mentioned...

i'm sticking with this...
it's def about short with leggings...at least on the street...
maybe if the weather turns colder...this will change...
but i doubt it...
long just doesn't 'feel' right...

but then i guess new yorkers are always a bit ahead of the curve...
so maybe everyone else will be doing shorter skirts next season...:P

TLjakes said:
Well, I'd think people with average length have got so much more advantages, as most clothes are already long enough. The taller you are the less clothes fit properly. I'm 6'2" without shoes so with the platforms I'm close to 6'8" which is why I had the skirt custom made.

That is true, but I was talking about what looks the best in my opinion, not about what is the easiest way to buy it :flower:

WhiteLinen said:
That is true, but I was talking about what looks the best in my opinion, not about what is the easiest way to buy it :flower:

Ain't thayt the truth, I'f I bought it off the shelf it would have reached just underm my knees. That would look just plain silly for a floor length skirt...:D

I think for those with a more mature, classic style, floor length skirts can be flattering and 'on trend' in their own context, but for a younger, more directional style, I see minis continuing through the winter. Especially with tights and leggings remaining so popular.

I agree, we're entering summer and it looks as if we would have heatwaves this season. Company policy prohibits shorts so I'll opt for a miniskirt anyday.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uche2crazyyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->