Los Angeles Street Style

Thanks for the advice on downtown, guys!
When i found out it was the 'fashion district' i was expecting it to be a little better than it actually is.
Oh well, im still definetly going to have fun!! xo

The fashion district in LA is mostly just apparel warehouses and such.. please let me know if you find something different...

I wish that I had gone to the American Apparel sale downtown. I wonder when the next would be.

I will definetly leave my thoughts about the fashion district once ive been.
I know im really interested in the American Apparel sale, that would be great!!

#186's post, second picture, what shoes are those? Bruno Magli?

"Kaylee and Michelle" May 26, 2009 -
- style sightings.

I met up with Kaylee and Michelle when I was at the Coachella festival recently. After shooting their photos, I knew I wanted to pull the pics out of the Coachella pile and do a separate post with them - so here they are. I love Kaylee’s little poly/silk tap pants with suspenders and Michelle’s wide leather belt and black sheer thigh-highs. They get the details right too - like the tissue-thinness of Kaylee’s tank top and Michelle’s piled-on gold bracelets. It doesn’t hurt that they are both stunners either, now does it?

Since no one walks in LA can there really be a street style? Most of those pictures look posed/at events, so agaom that isnt really street style. I am fascinated with LA, but I think it is going to be very hard to find pictures of street style....

I think LA *does* have street style. We indeed have streets, and people do walk on them en masse once in a while. Depends on where you are. Silver Lake, Echo Park, Boyle Heights, Melrose, Long Beach, and Venice all have distinct street style flavors.

Also, keep in mind that Los Angeles is, first and foremost, a living breathing film set -- A ton of fashion photos are posed because there are so many events being shot here daily (both by the photo agencies and cobrasnake-styled event photogs).

Gotta step up for LA! It's definately not a unified style across the board (the crunchy-granola types ... ugh... kills me, in a bad way)

Since no one walks in LA can there really be a street style?

People walk in LA...

I see trendy folks up and down Hilhurst (Loz Feliz), on Melrose (numerous parts), on Larchmont (Larchmont Village), etc. etc. Wherever there are shops or restaurants, there are people walking around... So...???

I definitely walk as often as I can. I hate driving!

But there is style here to be had. I think you have to live here to see it. :wink:

haha that was one thing i noticed in LA not many people do actually walk around, apart from in the busy shopping areas.
Since we didnt have a car it was all metros and taxis for us but when we where walking around Beverly Hills (where we were staying) we noticed how quiet it actually is.

yeah its weird. it seems like a ghost town during the day but at night its super busy especially along the strip.

Scan Glitter 0908

2rh8ge9.jpg

a5j2nd.jpg

x5xrw3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always notice people in LA wear a lot of white and drive white cars. I don't know what can be gathered from this...the cooling effect of white in the Cali sun? The fact the car won't get bleached in said sun? ...? ...? ...? The mind wonders and wanders....

do party photos count?
gosh...the style IS pretty damn bad here...
but here's some more to add to the thread to get another feel of la style

IMG_1731.JPG
IMG_1795.JPG
IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_2895.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_6589.JPG

wow at the lady with the purple dress and sneakers:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics