#4 Joe Alwyn by Scott Trindle

#5 Kolos Halasz by Tom Johnson

c40084f0-a7b7-4c2c-90e6-87a649447900.jpeg
f8bcf244-aac6-4e08-a46d-23a381c5eff1.jpeg
1c77cb2b-24f6-43c8-b6a1-b73cd323484f.jpeg
3d0b69b3-db89-4474-a1c8-82f7c305fd13.jpeg

6f065112-0a86-4b12-a386-5f0f12b0553a.jpeg

Source: Vogue.it

This rebirth of L´UOMO Vogue is really nice. I like their newest covers, I have not seen any of their newest editorials though

Mad about Joe Alwyn's cover, the styling and pose looks great. It seems Paolo Roversi is as bad with men as he is with women lately. The rest don't appeal to me, least of all the 2nd and last covers, which are rather bad. Doesn't work for covers at all.

L’Uomo Vogue is now better aesthetically than Vogue Italia. How the tides have turned

Mad about Joe Alwyn's cover, the styling and pose looks great. It seems Paolo Roversi is as bad with men as he is with women lately. The rest don't appeal to me, least of all the 2nd and last covers, which are rather bad. Doesn't work for covers at all.
+1. Joe's cover at least got some intensity that the others are lacking and the 'fun' pics aren't working as covers.
I see Richard is smiling like a cat that got the cream, I guess due to his wife who is half his age. :P

I love the rebirth of L'Uomo Vogue, but besides Richard Gere I have no idea who any of these people are.
None of the covers do anything for me, but the last one is cute. I still feel like this magazine is still struggling to find an identity.
It's like it's hesitant to commit itself to being a Men's fashion magazine.

I'm actually all for the fun covers. Love Kolos and Dennis covers. Ethan is growing a lot as a photographer. I'll keep ignoring Roversi's recent work. It hurts me to see him, of all people, drowning in this mediocrity. If I didn't know him I would say he went digital and discovered photoshop.

Richard Gere's cover looks like one of those Gere/Lynch mashups that you can do online, what is that.

They try to sell it to advertisers as a men's magazine with fashion at the center. As far as I know, a lot of brands are struggling to find mediums where they can put there man's ads in. Details magazine left a big space to fill when CN closed it. Especially in a time where men's sales are going up-up-up. CN realised that they made a big mistake and they try to reinvent details with GQ Style (they promote it like it has the same audience as Details used to). L'uomo is kind of an European equivalent of the US GQ Style. It's coming 4 times a year, and they have a similar editorial view. Obviously they need time to find there indentity, but I'm glad that there is something on the newsstands, which is not as edgy as biannuals (Arena "Miss the Jo-Ann days" Homme+, Another Man, HERO etc.) but still more than average Joe's GQ or Esquire.

Farneti is really good for men's magazine.

Reactions: MON
Last 2 covers are my favorite. The rest are meh.

Joe's cover is the only one that works, zero interest in him, but I like his cover.

Joe Alwyn is giving male model a run for money here. That stare is perfect. I really like the shot and he's rather a good young actor (At least Taylor Swift has good taste in men with artistic talent lol)

264 Pages (which is oddly enough thicker than Vogue Italia)

Joe Alwyn

Photographer: Scott Trindle
Stylist: Jay Massacret
Grooming: Matt Lulhall
Cast: Joe Alwyn

L'Uomo Vogue Digital Edition

Remarkable Men I Met by Paolo Roversi

Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Stylist: Hannes Hetta
Grooming: Rimi Ura, , Julien D'Ys, Yannick D'Is, Adrien Pinault
Cast: Will Peltz, Melvil Poulpaud, Adrian Joffe, Pierre Niney, Matteo Roversi, Gabriel Kane Day-Lewis, Anton Corbijn, Julien D'Ys, Raad Al Gabril, Noe Martin, Mathias Augustyniak, Michael Amzalag, Jeremy Brodbeck, Jeenu Mahadevan, Sami Younis, Fernando Cabral, Darius Khondri, Tae Min Park, Raphael Lourel, Camile Blatrix, Guerassim Dichliev, Ishmail Belgaid, Peter Lindbergh, Francesco Roversi, Kevin Rouf

L'Uomo Vogue Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->