LUSH products? Faves and Raves please

can anyone give me an reviews on porridge and godmother soaps? i just bought honey i washed the kids and i LOVE IT. i'll admit i go to my bathroom just to get a sniff of the soap! lol

also does anyone have any advice on using the sugar scrub? i crushed mine and just dipped my soap in it then used it that way... any other way you guys use it?

I love porridge soap! The smell is divine and it's very gentle on my sensitive skin. I got a terrible chunk once though. Loads of oats and almost no soap. I have godmother, but I only use it to wash my hands. It doesn't irritate them, which is good, because a lot of soaps do.

I cut my sugar scrub into pieces and then take them and rub them against my skin.

i went in to try their ocean salt scrub and lettuce mask but the girl who was working suggested i try a milder mask for my skin type; i was given a sample of one with blueberry (i can't remember the name) and am trying it now. it smells so delicious.

I used to be so sure LUSH was one of the stores I'd never ever enter in my whole life because the smell would give me a headache just from passing by their stores :innocent:

I recently got their I Love Juicy shampoo though as it was recommended to me by a hair dresser and I must say I love it. I use it as a face wash most of the time because it clears up my skin within minutes (!) and it smells soooo good. But of course it's great as a shampoo too. I wish I could get more product from LUSH, but they're way too expensive for me unfortunately. I really love anything that smells of exotic fruits and coconut so I know there's lots more for me to love there.

^ I just read that this shampoo contains lots of natriumalkylsulfat (which is actually an ingredient that you often can find in cleaning agents).

^I guess that would be a bad thing then! :shock: But I just checked and on my bottle natriumalkylsulfat isn't listed. It does contain Sodium Laurel Sulphate though, which is similar, I guess. I'm surprised there even are such chemical ingredients in there anyway as they told me there were only organic ingredients in their products. Guess not! Maybe I'll start using pure pineapple and papaya juice instead to cleanse my face from now on, hehe.
I've always used shampoos and shower gels to wash my face actually. For whatever odd reason that works best on my skin.

i like their facial soaps, but some of their masks go bad very quickly! i bought one of their masks and had it refrigerated for a week and when i wanted to use it again it had mold!

I love their solid shampoo for travelling. I went on exchange for 3mo and my friend had to lug 1L of shampoo and conditioner each-I just had my little solid shampoo and conditioner bars! They were a LIFESAVER.

My only issue with Lush is that it isn't as natural as it seems-it still has a lot of the harsh cleaners and detergents that other natural products are trying to avoid. For the price, I'd rather buy something more natural.

Has anyone tried "Icon"? Its one of their dc'ed perfumes they bring back every Christmas and is supposed to have a lot of incense.

Has anyone here tried coal face or dark angels?
I need something to make my skin texture nicer.

My favourites are:

-Jazmin&Henna Hair Treatment
-Marylin Hair Treatment
-Coal Soap(face)
-Trichomania Solid Shampoo
-Karma Solid Shampoo
-Daddyo Shampoo
-Ocean Salt
-Black and Silk Stockings
-Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask
-Oatifix Fresh Face Mask
-Tuca Tuca massage bar
-Créme Anglaise
-Karma kream
-Sympathy for the skin
-None of your beeswax lip balm
-Grass Shower gel

I haven't bought much from there as i've only started shopping there recently, but what i've bought from there so far i love!!! And they are>>> Coco lotion and the Vanishing cream!!

I love Lush bubble bars. I have sensitive skin so usually I can't used bath products, but I used the creamy candy bubble bar last night and my skin is still really soft this morning.

I love Bubble Bars...BUT i dont have a bath, i kind of squish them into my hands to compress them so it becomes like a super soft, crumbly soap and i use them in the shower that way! My faves are Ma Bar, Pop in the Bath and Bathos.

Last christmas they brought out a shower jelly that smelt so so so amazing, it was called like Snow showers or snow jelly or something like that, it was creamy white and the scent was of orange oil and cognac..its made me giddy how sexy it smelt...aaaand christmas was over and they got rid of it!!

The sweetie pie jelly is lovely smelling tho, fruity and sweet!

Love Honey I washed the Kids soap, smells devine and stays nicely on the skin BUT, i really hate feeling squeaky clean, like, yes i mean i love being clean but that squeaky feeling you get from soap really annoys me..i prefer something a little more moisturising.

Also love the Happy Bill fizz ball, again i dont have a bath but i put this in the bottom of the shower and it fizzes up really nicely and the aroma mixes with the steam coming up and its just very invigorating, feels nice at your feet too!

the new day ofthe dead products are awesome. The shower jelly smells like a sweet lime soda. Mm I suggest to all!

My Lush shop in my city is closed for refurbishing at the moment!
I miss the nice smell when you walk past it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->