LUSH products? Faves and Raves please

I bought the chocolate whip lip balm but I'm not really impressed, it seems really really hard in the container and when i do manage to get some out it's a bit gritty and not very moisturizing :( I'm so used to how velvety the Let Them Eat Cake one was. Is this normal for the texture of the the chocolate balm? I'm really tempted to turn my hairdryer on it to melt it a bit :P

I had similar issues with another lip balm. It is called 'Embrasse-moi' in France. I'm not sure what it is in English, but I think it was Lip Service. With mine, I think it is because it has shea butter in, which is naturally a bit tougher. I have a tub of unrefined shea butter and it is very much solid until you scoop a piece off and rub it between your hands!

I have no choice but to scrape a bit of lip balm out with my nail and melt it between my fingers before I can apply it. I know, it's gross, but it works and the lip balm is wonderful. This is the reason why I prefer sticks to pots of lip balm: sticking your finger (or nail, in this case) into your lip balm all the time isn't exactly the most hygienic thing to do!

I had similar issues with another lip balm. It is called 'Embrasse-moi' in France. I'm not sure what it is in English, but I think it was Lip Service. With mine, I think it is because it has shea butter in, which is naturally a bit tougher. I have a tub of unrefined shea butter and it is very much solid until you scoop a piece off and rub it between your hands!

I have no choice but to scrape a bit of lip balm out with my nail and melt it between my fingers before I can apply it. I know, it's gross, but it works and the lip balm is wonderful. This is the reason why I prefer sticks to pots of lip balm: sticking your finger (or nail, in this case) into your lip balm all the time isn't exactly the most hygienic thing to do!

^What I found best to get it softened up is I keep it in my pants pocket instead of my purse. My body heat makes it much softer and easier to apply. I haven't had any issues with it since starting to do that.

^What I found best to get it softened up is I keep it in my pants pocket instead of my purse. My body heat makes it much softer and easier to apply. I haven't had any issues with it since starting to do that.

Thanks for the tip, but most of what I have in my closet are dresses and skirts that don't have pockets. So, unfortunately, I can't do that. :doh:

Hmm today i have tried the vanilla perfume because I'm looking for a replacement for the vanilla perfume I already have but I aren't sure. Its smelling nice now but I wasn't sure earlier. What do other people think because I don't want to walk around smelling of something everyone hates!

I use their moisturiser 'Skin Drink'. I was suffering from very dry skin on my t zone, my nose area was peeling, I couldn't wear any kind of concealer or tinted moisturiser without it sinking into dry areas and looking terrible. Soo..decided to give the Lush product a go as the SA was pretty helpful and offered a refund if it didn't work. By this point I'd tried so many dry skin products that I was at my wits end. Well, at first I was dubious, it didn't seem to be doing much. Now about a month or two later I don't have much dry skin at all and my skin looks good.

I'm unsure if it's down to Skin Drink or something else outwith my control but I haven't made a huge amount of lifestyle changes so I'm thinking it's a pretty good product.

Tomorrow I am picking up the Crash Course in Skincare Mask. (Though I might change my mind last minute to Love Lettuce or Brazened Honey :unsure:)

Products I've tried so far:

Dream Cream lotion: Best bodylotion I've tried ever!! My skin is really dry, and this one makes it all smooth and shiny!!

Vanilla Delite lotion: Not a fan of the smell. Smells a bit like rotten vanilla .. :P Feels good on the skin though

Mask of magnaminty: Very relaxing and a bit "cold" on the skin..My skin looks more glowing after using it. Quite cheap+the amount of product will last you a long time

Honey I washed the kids: Started out using this on my entire body, but found out that it made my skin a bit squeeky. Use it as a handsoap instead, and it works so much better for that purpose. Divine smell!!

Angels on bare skin: Wouldn't use this on a daily basis, as it's a fairly rough cleanser. Great as an exfoliator.

Miranda soap: Loveley scent. Use it as a handsoap

American Cream: Made my hair tangly and dry. Would not recommend to thick and treated hair like mine

I love Juicy: Like the smell. Does not make my hair more soft or shiny....

Herbalism: Ok, hate the smell!

Fresh farmacy: My skin always feel a bit dry after using this.

Sweet japanese girl: Although I find this good as an exfoliator, it leaves a film on my skin that makes it feel a bit unclean... feel like I have to wash my face all over again

Porridge soap: Smells like candy! Ok as an exfoliator

I should coco: Nice smelling. Would only use this as a handsoap if you have dry skin like mine

Tea tree toner : Nice toner. Actually like this one a lot. ( I have combination skin)

Ultrablend: Removes makeup very gently. Skin feels very soft afterwards. Find the product a bit greasy, though..

Imperialis: Wont "sink in" to my skin. Hate the smell. Very runny Not heavy enough for my skintype.

Yummy,yummy,yummy showerjelly: Ok smell. The strawberry smell isn't as a strong as I'd like it to. Does not dry my skin.

Rub,rub,rub: Good scrub. Love the smell. The bottle it comes in makes it very hard to get any product out. Use this once-twice a week.

Wiccy waccy muscles: STRONG smell. My bf hates this and refuses to touch me after using this. However, it really does help on sore muscles. I've used this a lot around my neck area, and you really do feel more relaxed after using this. It also makes your skin very soft. Would be a top score product if it wasn't for the smell.

Flying fox: I recieved a sample of this, and the smell is awful!! I had to wash all over again after trying this.

Brazened honey: Felt good on my skin, but didn't do very much on the cleansing bit. Would rather use m.o.m. due to having such a short expiration date.

Heh..seems like I've tried fairly a bit.

Products I will repurchase:

Dream Cream, Wiccy Waccy Muscles, Angels on bare skin, Tea tree toner, Rub rub rub, Mask of magnaminty

^You should try Crash Course in Skincare, it makes my skin feel incredibly smooth afterwards. MoM is a bit too drying for me, but it smells a darn lot better. If you ever try Cosmetics Warrior or Catastrophe Cosmetic, please do fill us in!

I just bought Ice blue shower soap, Sugar babe scrub and got a sample of Brazened honey facial mask.

I've tried the shower soap, but i'm not so happy with it, my skin is not very smooth afterwards. My regular soap makes my skin very smooth. It smells nice in my bathroom though even when I'm not using it. :woot: I haven't tried the sugar scrub and the mask yet.

I finally tried the facial mask. It has a very nice smell, and it cleans very well. I'm very happy with it. :D

Looove Mask of Magnaminty! Finally, an easily accessible affordable astringent clay mask in Canada!

Also loved Ocean Salt. I needed something to replace my L'occitane Verbena scrub - this does the job! It's so expensive though. :ninja:

HATED lemon-y butter cuticle cream. It did a decent job, but it stunk SO much.

I absolutely love Lush. I'm obsessed with soaps so I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Here's what I've bought over the years and my take on them.

American Cream Conditioner: My very first Lush purchase. It smells DIVINE. I get really sad when I'm running out of this or if my local Lush doesn't have the big size. Some say it doesn't condition much but I found that it works perfectly after using Big Shampoo.

Big Shampoo: It smells amazing! Sometimes it feels a little drying but I think that's when I use too much. A little goes a long way esp. when you use more the "gooey" seaweed part.

Honey I Washed The Kids: I have NEVER EVER liked solid soaps. I've always been a bodywash kind of girl. Until I smelled Honey I Washed The Kids. Seriously it has turned me into a soap queen! It smells AMAZING and people will be sniffing you all day like you're wearing perfume.

Snowcake Soap: OMG OMG I am so happy that it's out for the holiday season already. This also smells amazing. It reminds me of my favorite Venetial cookie. And it's so creamy and soft. I always feel the urge to eat it.

Honey Trap Lip Balm: It was amazing at first but it just wasn't all that after the first week. Since I spent some money on it I use it as a "solid perfume" on my wrists.

Buffy Body Butter: Great, gentle exfoliation that doesn't feel so harsh.

Soft Coeur Massage Bar: Very very very very very very wonderful smell. OMG I can smell myself all day when I wear this. It is so sensual and it gives off just the right amount of oil without feeling too greasy. I often wera this as a solid perfume as well and I love to give this as a gift for a bridal shower. Actually I give a LOT of Lush stuff for bridal gifts.

Shimmy shimmy: Amazing like SC but with sparkles. I love to use them with my bf.

Dream Cream: Smells wonderful. Not my favorite to moisturize.

Vanilla Delite: This was a sample because I love vanilla scents but this one smelled too foody. I like more gourmand vanilla I guess.

Fair Trade Foot Cream: OMG it is really really smooth. I love to put a dollop of this after my feet have been freshly scrubbed with Buffy.

Angels On Bareskin: HEAVENLY!!! One of my fave Lush products ever. I mainly use Philosophy Pure Cleanser but every few days I will use this on top of that. It makes my face so baby bottom smooth and it smells amazing. I love love the lavender and the almond combination. When I use this I feel like my face is so amazing that I don't need to put any moisturizer on.

Herbalism: Not bad but not as good as Angels On Bareskin.

Aqua Marina: I got this in a sample once. It was good but I felt like I was slathering on salmon. Wasn't compelling enough for me to buy the full size.

Tea Tree Water: My first ever stab at a toner. I guess they are not for me because I was so pissed I spent money on it. I felt like it was a big waste of money and ended up giving it to one of my cousins. It smells nice on a hot summer day. That is probably the only nice thing I will ever say about it.

Vanishing Cream: Great great moisturizer. A little really did go a long way.

Cinnamon Solid Shampoo: I love the smell and it really made my hair feel healthier. Don't know about the "making your hair longer" claim as it did no such thing for me.

Coolaulin Conditioner: I was going through a dry hair phase in the summer and bought this in hopes that the coconut would help. First, the smell is HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE AND NASTY AND UGHH. Another one of those products that I wish I asked a sample of before buying a full-sized bottle!!!!! It also did nothing for my hair. Doesn't even come remotely close to the amazingness of American Cream.

Sugar Scrub: Nice and effective.

Sweetie Pie shower jelly: One of my first Lush purchases a few years ago. It has a lovely smell and it's fun in the shower....sometimes. Sometimes it's too much work trying to hold on to the darn thing. Even when I would tuck it into my sponge! Fun while it lasted. Maybe a nice soap to use when you're giving your toddler a bath. Until I have kids, I won't be buying this again anytime soon.

Heavenly Bodies buttercream: Oh my god. I absolutely hate the combination of orange with chocolate but somehow I am addicted to this buttercream. It's so amazing in the shower you don't feel like you need to put on lotion afterwards. I sometimes use it as a solid perfume....it's so creamy that it doesn't feel sticky or filmy on the skin even sans water!

Porridge soap: AMAZING! When I use it as handsoap in the sink it smells really nice and creamy but somehow when I use it in the shower with the warm water it gives off this toasted oat smell. Like the oats are being cooked in the shower! I don't know how else to describe it. It's so wonderful and mild and sometimes I like to use it on my face as a cleanser.

Sultana soap: I liked it but again it was not compelling enough to buy it again.

Rhassoul soap: I sort of like masculine scents so this was very nice. I love patchouli so I was really happy to find a soap that was soaked in it!

Ma Bar bubble bar: Combines my favorite food scents: chocolate and almonds! It's so luxurious and amazing. I love to pair it with my Honeybee bath bomb.

French kiss bubble bar: Smelled too much like sage. I really had high hopes for this one.

Flosty Gritter bubble bar: Bought this two weeks ago but haven't used it yet. It smells amazing and very much like American Cream so I know it will be amazing.

And now my favorite thing about Lush...the bath bombs!

Sex Bomb: First bath bomb I have ever used and is what got me hooked. I'm not usually a floral fragrance person because I feel like they don't do the flowers any justice but OMG this is amazing! It's so beautiful and it really does condition my skin. I also love love how it makes my bathroom smell. I often keep my tub full even after I have finished my bath just for the scent alone! I also have a friend who never cared for bath bombs who became totally addicted when i got her this.

Vanilla Fountain: Very rich smell even though the water looks funny lol.

Butterball: Closely tied with Sex Bomb as my favorite Lush products. I was concerned because it was much smaller than the other bath bomb but boy did I find out how potent and wonderful it is!

Honeybee: Like I said I love to combine this with the Ma Bubble because they smell amazing together.

Ok that's pretty much every single Lush product that I have tried and my opinion of them. I guess that's a little excessive. :shock:

Products I've tried:
Rockstar soap
Dreamcream
Baby Face
Honey I washed the kids soap
Vanilla in the mist soap
I love them all :heart:

love their Breath of Fresh Air skin toner. removes the last traces of makeup [Im always surprised just how much Ive missed with cleanser] without drying out my skin or making it feel tight. One of my holy grail products for sure.

Their face masks are also very good.

I am obssessed with Lush, love this shop. Although I can't get their products where I life... That's why I stock up every time I go to Dublin to see my boyfriend!

I absolutely LOVE porridge soap, although the last piece I bought was full of oats and barely had soap... And I get compliments every time I use American Cream. God, it smells heavenly!

I also love the peach massage bar after a rough day...

Has anyone tried their sexy peel soap product?

I loved the smell, but hated it for two reasons that will probably lead me not to get it again. 1- my ex bf bought it for me...why?? 2. the pieces of the citrus skin were so messy in the shower

Snowfairy :heart:

Feels like diving into a pool of candy each time..the sad part is that I eventually have to get out. This should really be an all year product!!
Probably the best smelling lush product I've ever tried!

Snowfairy :heart:

Feels like diving into a pool of candy each time..the sad part is that I eventually have to get out. This should really be an all year product!!
Probably the best smelling lush product I've ever tried!

i think they sell it in Asia as pernament, i was the bottle at summer in Hong Kong and i was like :shock: :magic:

I must try the Rhassoul soap that caramelhoney mentioned as I love patchouli as well and hoping there are other products with patchouli too. I'm nearly out of my Original Source patchouli & ylang ylang bath foam so looking for a replacement as they don't make it any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->