Magazine Trends

L

Little Star

I hope that this is the right board to post this thread in...

Most fashion magazines have pages which they dedicate to particular trends, colours, styles, jeans, shoes etc.... Like themed inspiration pages...

For example, below I have attached themed pages on 'work through to evening', 'paris', 'spring', and 'rough luxe'

I love looking at these pages and pretending that I can have one item off every page...and choosing that item. I don't know if I'm the only one who plays little games like that... :innocent:

Anyway I thought it would be interesting to share some that I have found with you...and hopefully this will interest others too...

Please post any pages that you may have... :flower:

Attachments

• InstyleSept05 (bracewell).jpg
    InstyleSept05 (bracewell).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 13
  • VogueOct2005.jpg
    VogueOct2005.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Marie claire bracewell.jpg
    Marie claire bracewell.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 10
  • phillip lim vest small.jpg
    phillip lim vest small.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
I love the page from ELLE! I have the mag sitting right next to me and was just thinking about the pages in the "ELLE SHOPS" section. I cannot get over Balenciaga's rocker/goth look for spring. I started liking the goth/skull trend before I even realized it was going to be a look for this spring. I don't expect many people (where I'm at) to follow along with this trend. I just wish the majority of the pieces in the 'ELLE SHOPS' spread wasn't so expensive (I'm a college student with no job).

I think the look can look great if you don't over-do it. Sorry I'm not a pro so I'm not sure how to scan the page onto here, but if you have the magazine I love the skull ring on page 117! I'm sure I could find a look-a-like somewhere. Does anyone know of any sites/stores that would carry merchandise similar to this 'New Goth' look? Thank you!

I don't have the magazine sorry...I found it on the internet...I forgot to credit... (bracewell.com)

It is annoying that all the pieces are so expensive, I agree, but I still love to look...There is one magazine in Australia called 'Shop Til You Drop' which features a lot of accessible, inexpensive clothing.

I couldn't tell you were to look for new goth clothing...I know there is a thread somewhere though.... (here: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f49/elegant-gothic-lolita-10837.html)

I just checked out that link....that's very goth (for me at least). I'm not that into it. I mainly like the clothing (basic tee's, jackets) and jewelry with skulls (but the non-scary looking ones...does that make sense??) I just bought my first Ed Hardy thermal and it has a little devil on it and that kind of spiked my interest also. I love a bunch of his other designs but cannt bring myself to spend +$80 on a tee right now.

Great thread...! Please do not forget to put the mag's name and the date of the issue posted! :flower:

Great idea Little Star! :flower:
I have a scanner but can't load the images since they are in MB space. :shock:

I do agree about Elle, though. I'm not too sure I understand their demographic targets when it comes to Elle. The clothes seem more fitting for late 20s and later, but then they put Ashlee Simpson on the cover... :blink:

Thanks guys!
I will try and scan some pages from my magazines when I have time (which I won't this week due to school overload... :( )
I have some especially great ones from a jewelry feature in Shop Til You Drop :smile:

I just got a new issue of Elle the other day... once I set up my scanner I'll be sure to post some. I wish I could afford some of those items in there but I'm in highschool and I cant afford the 600$ sandals that are in there :( I also like to tab pages with little mini post it notes so I can look back on the styles and clothes that look interesting.

I forgot all about this poor thread, i think its time for a little revival?
I just love some of the items of these pages...makes me feel like going shopping right now! Even though its 11.30 and I'm in my pjs! :innocent: :P
credit: glamourpussprincess.com.au

Attachments

• RUSSHMarApril06.jpg
    RUSSHMarApril06.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
  • VogueJune06c.jpg
    VogueJune06c.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 6
  • NewWomanMay06.jpg
    NewWomanMay06.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 4
  • MARIECLAIREJune06.jpg