Mandy Moore Hates First Albums

Duleeshab

wiser now
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]MOORE HATES FIRST ALBUMS[/SIZE][/FONT]

Pop star MANDY MOORE hates her first two albums and has apologised to fans who bought them.
The singer insists fans should only consider her third LP, a release of cover tracks.
She says, "Ugh, those were awful. If I had the money, I would give a refund to everyone who bought my first two albums.
"Whenever people ask, 'Which of your albums should I listen to?' I say, 'NOTHING BUT COVERAGE'. Burn the rest."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/moore%20hates%20first%20albums

oh please why should she apologize for what she did in her kiddie days. what, she's so edgy now? :lol: don't get me wrong i love the girl but this annoys me for some reason.

At least she admits that they were terrible. And isn't in denial thinking that her music was great.

Duleeshab said:
She says, "Ugh, those were awful. If I had the money, I would give a refund to everyone who bought my first two albums.
No, she wouldn't. If she could go back and do that, then she wouldn't have become as famous as she was, and probably wouldn't have the opportunity to do her *oh so worthy* album now.....honestly.:rolleyes:
Of course her albums were crap, then again I hate pop music, I just don't know about dissing something that made you famous---well, if you actually worked to get there.

Tinuviel said:
oh please why should she apologize for what she did in her kiddie days. what, she's so edgy now? :lol: don't get me wrong i love the girl but this annoys me for some reason.

I totally agree... they were factory produced drivel... but its like she's alienating her old fans / current fans who did like her music and saying they have absolutely no taste in music (maybe they don't.. lol).. but.. hmm I'm not sure what it is.. she can display her dissaproval but.. something about this also kinda bugs me.. its like she grows up and suddenly what? She's suppose to be this super great artists now :rolleyes:

I'm glad she agrees! But I do have to say that I did buy them at the time and thought they were fun girlie pop albums, so to hear her actually say it does annoy me too.

This is a really old article, her third album came out 2 years ago I think. That was really bad too :lol:

Yep, that's an old article. Fans who have been following her already know that she dislikes her first couple of albums and the image she portrayed during her early days.

That said, I can understand why she would think that her albums were horrible or how she would be embarassed by them. Not saying that I do think her earlier pieces were horrible, but I can see why she's embarassed.

I can understand that. I look back on poetry or other works I've written from a few years back and it's embarassing. You're always maturing and growing as a person, and looking back on your past can be...interesting, to say the least.

F*** that! I wish I can slap some sense into celebs nowaday. This is a total gimmick. Look at what they ALL do. First, they become popular by doing trendy music. Then, they bash their first album and advertise how good their new album gonna be. Com'n, I can't be the only one who sees through this. First, they gonn say: "This is real. I'm sweet, nice blah blah. This is me!". Two years later, they go: "That wasn;t me at all. It was my company's ideas. Listen to this! This is the real me!" => Horsesh*t!!! And after all the parading how "real" you always are???

I hate it, so degrading, when they do this. A talented one would not say that about her record. Michelle branch's first album is defintely not as good and mature like her second. But she didn't bash it. Because it's who she was. You don't have to be ashamed of yourself to be seen as "real" if you have ALWAYS been real. Celebs all claim they are real first when they got famous, then years later, they would say "that was fake. Now I'm real. See me!!!" Just another way to sell!

*shrugs. I was around 12ish when her first cd came out, and I sure liked it. :P

^ Got that right...
I was thinking about specifically that song when I read the orginal post...
I can't believe I own one of her albums (and the NSYNC and Britney Spears' ones either). Hey I was like 10, OKAY. :judge::lol:

But then again she was suckered into that pop image. She came after the whole boy-band-pop-girl-phase in music, you can't really blame her. She was blonde and 16(?), she had no choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->