Mandy Moore Hates First Albums

:doh: I don't see how people are criticizing this. ALL musical artists regret things they did in the past, seeing their old work as immature, underdeveloped, etc. That's natural. She is simply being honest with herself and everyone else. There's nothing wrong with this. End of story.

It seems like some people just like to pick on everything they possibly can. I guess criticizing people who are more successful than you makes you feel better about yourself. :wacko:

Oh yeah I guess Sheryl Crow must be greatly disappointed by her first album as well!!! Oh, and Alicia Keys must hate her Falling album more than ever rite? How silly!!! I forgot all artist were all fakers when they first got notice, they are "real" now, eh? :smile:

She has done...........three albums?????????
Across the pond, she barely registers on the music radar......

But I agree with AlexN, why all the hating for the girl's blonde phase/Britney stage mistakes?? Most likely, it was her record company pressing her to produce this crap anyway.....

zionforsell said:
Oh yeah I guess Sheryl Crow must be greatly disappointed by her first album as well!!! Oh, and Alicia Keys must hate her Falling album more than ever rite? How silly!!! I forgot all artist were all fakers when they first got notice, they are "real" now, eh? :smile:
Nice. :rolleyes:

First album doesn't necessarily mean first thing they've written. I'm sure if you ask them about the first stuff they ever did, they'd laugh in dismissal. And it has nothing to do with being fake. And you know what? Sheryl Crow and Alicia Keyes may not like some of the songs on their first albums. And some artists are never happy with anything they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sing and I'll be the first to admit that my first demo is complete crap. Most people's are...

First of all, the article isn't old... it was in this months Glamour Magazine. Secondly, people on here always criticize just to criticize sometimes. So I totally agree with AlexN:flower:

If she would have said that she loved her first cd's, everyone would be like: "Come On! Is she deaf, her stuff was crap".:innocent:

Her statement is very humbling I think. That was a moment of bubble-gum pop exploation... and we are out of it now (i hope) so it's alright for her to mention that it was laughable.

ehh... it think her singing sucks. at least as an actress she's mediocre.

Tinuviel said:
oh please why should she apologize for what she did in her kiddie days. what, she's so edgy now? :lol: don't get me wrong i love the girl but this annoys me for some reason.

me too....! she's still a bubble gum pop girl.....

And do this to sell her lastest album! There is nothing wrong with disliking your beginning. But when artists say: "it wasn't me", it bugs me! At the time that album came out, they all say: hey, it was me, I was growing up, bla blah blah. Then two years later, they blame the producers! I don't agree with that. Producers may say they need you to be a bumd blonde, but you MAKE the decision to be one. So don't go around and bash them later because that's what trendy. Rite now, it's all rocker, rebel, standing-up vibe so they just do it to sell some CDs. If you weren't true then, what makes you the real stuff now??? Three years later, you are gonna say you hate this album too???

It's funny how ppl think none of the artists like their music. True ones do. Even if it was bad, it was them! If it was you, then no need to be ashamed of it, just learn from it. If YOU don't even love your art, how the hell can anyone else do???? I look back at my early paintings and they can't compare to the present ones. But they are the steps for me to get to this point. Without them, there's not gonna be any painting! Some has known me because of them. One can't ask for perfection from the beginning, even Bethovan can't!

I dont get it ... I was over 18 when she released her first CD and STILL love her "Candy" song ... I feel a bit hurt by her, but wont stop listening to her earlier songs!

*plays "In my pocket"*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->