mcQueen's Puma line

The fourth pair looks good in the top view.

Often with Pumas I will find them great-looking from one side, and awful from the other. That's how I feel about these.

From the top view they look like a vintage leather sports shoe :woot: , and the bottom view is all plastic and high-tech :sick: .

I really like the second and third shoe posted. Depending on the price I will definitely be picking up a pair.

more pics...luisaviaroma.com

0002.jpg
0003.jpg
0004.jpg

240 Euros

0005.jpg
0006.jpg
0007.jpg

208 Euros

more...same source

0008.jpg
0009.jpg

208 Euros

0010.jpg
0011.jpg
0012.jpg

188 Euros

...I still really like the first pair, but the price points are a bit bull IMO....even though LVR only gives me an idea of what they will retail for in the US. These pictures make the shoes look a bit more distressed in comparison to the men.style.com pictures...which may be due to LVR's spectacular photography. The last pair is one of the ugliest shoes I have ever laid eyes on. Does anyone know if McQueen stores will be selling the shoes?

...some women's...same source

0002.jpg
0003.jpg
0004.jpg

0005.jpg
0006.jpg
0007.jpg

both 198 Euros

...these are truly dreadful...the toe:sick:

I find that I really like certain concentrated elements of the shoes, but overall, they're just a mess. There's way too much going on with each shoe, it's not balanced and they look cheap and terribly awkward. That being said, I do quite enjoy the first pair of ladies trainers that seeing_double posted, the white ones with cut-out detail on the vamp. I would never wear them, but they're a nice idea.

This isn't at all what I was expecting from McQueen and Puma.

Now that I've seen them all... strange shoes... the aren't really athletic shoes, are they? It seems McQueen wanted to make casual shoes with a sortof mish-mash fantasy/tech aesthetic, and used Puma for wider potential appeal and funding. I seems like a good first start toward this idea, though some of them suffer from overindulgence. I quite like the 'toe' pair (minus the toe, that is). Overall, the shoes would look more appropriate in an avant-garde outfit than trackpants, that's for sure.

I still think the woven pair rocks, and I will buy them, so nyah :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm disappointed, not what I expected. I kind of feel that the concept doesn't match with the Puma design, they clash. The select few that are simple work well but the others are just too much. I can't even picture Puma junkees wanting to buy these.

McQueen seems to be softening up... Looking back at his days at Givenchy and the theatrical designs of his own label as well as comments against the consumerisation of fashion, you'd think he would be the least likely designer to do something like this! Not only this but the introduction of a daughter, more consumer-friendly line and his disappointing and definately not signature s/s 06 collection suggests that perhaps he is starting to focus moreso on the money than on the artistry of design. McQueen is one of my idols and I am beside myself with grief...maybe not, but spiritually, it lingers :wink: !

sistermoda said:
oh my gawd, they are so boring...how will the womens collection look like??!!I can´t see the huge hype in this at all, McQueen for Puma, so....?? it makes me just hate McQueen even more, why can´t the designers stop putting their hands in everything (stella for h&m and Adidas, Yamamoto for adidas, lagerfeldt for h&m...) it makes me so tired..:yuk:

THEY ARE BEYOND BORING..pointless is a better adjective for them!!
I expected much more interesting designs from Sir mcQueen...im baffeled at the mediocrocy of it all... too bad

^Agreed. He could have done much better.
On the other hand, his women's collection is a lot better than the men's.

Those are vile. Absolutely vile. Brace yourselves for the queues of chavs lining up to get them!

I really don't see chavs wearing this at all... doesn't mesh with the burberry shirts and prada sport trackpants.

edit: the more I look at them, the less I like them... too much going on... though I still like the woven pair, but I'll wait for a sale for that :/

Last edited by a moderator:
:ninja:I LOVE the womens with the extended toes.....I wonder if they make them in big girls sizes:innocent: They are more interesting than the mens

I like the last all black shoe on post #62. otherwise, most of them have a sort of putty looking form going on - decidedly unaerodymanic. i think the women's shoes are more of what i was expecting...the extended toe is a trademark of his isn't it? strangely, it seems to work better on his dressy pumps, but overall the women's stuff isn't that bad. i like to see more.

i like the stripy pair with buttons for the guys.

there are none of the the womens i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->