mcQueen's Puma line

finalfashion said:
What is this "asics" everyone is talking about? I've never heard of it here in Canada... I'm so behind the curve, I thought puma was trendy, not just massively successful...

the only Asics I've heard of in Canada are the running shoes that my mom has been wearing for centuries. I worked at Athelete's World for a bit, and we use to put Asics in the stores because they were immensley popular with old men. Apparently they are coming back! I do know they are extra-comfortable.

Good Pictures are finally here:woot: ...men,style.com

00001v.jpg

00002v.jpg

00003v.jpg

00004v.jpg

00005v.jpg

Qualifications: Does owning nearly 500 pairs of sneakers count? “I’ve got trainers I haven’t even worn,” the British designer says with a laugh. “I just like to look at them.”
Did he do his homework? Absolutely. McQueen, who often turns to historical texts and films for inspiration, studied eighteenth-century British anatomy books before sitting down at the drafting table.
Where it shows: The Anatomical Vein Mids are based on the structure of a human foot. They feature toe prints, tendons stretching along the base of the foot, and veins running up the ankle. “It’s not quite like for like,” McQueen says, “because there’d be a lot more than what you see.”
Also available by McQueen: Seven other models, both low-top and high-top, in leather and suede, in tan, brown, ice blue, and black.
Where you can find them: Puma Black Store in Manhattan, Alan Bilzerian in Boston, and Puma.com.

I am in love with the first, second, and fourth pair...

Does anyone know the price points, or whether or not they will also be available at the McQueen Meatpacking District store?:D

the white woven pair...
:heart:

i prefer the bottoms of the sneakers to the tops...
especially the last pair...

but i love when designers are inventive about even the things that you cannot see... it really shows an appreciation for detail...
and an uncontrollable impulse to design everything!

00004v.jpg

I love Mcqueen
I really want this....but Im size 10 1/2
and how much is it?........

Never seen so ugly sneakers in my life... well except for some Nikes...

Jil Sander for Puma was nice... but this is definitely not.. :ninja:

What a disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, that being McQueen, he could have done better - I like that he has done research. I also understand that it takes a lot to design a pair of sport shoes (although obviously Puma did most if not all of that - the 'wearability, useability part) -but I think this isn't that appealing to me.

I like the Neil Barret line for Puma a lot better - I have a pair of shoes and they are ageing very gracefully, with many compliments.

hmmmmmmmm.......I might just have to take a walk across the street......the brown pair is kind of interesting to me:innocent:

seeing_double said:
^Did neil Barret do the shoes with the rhinestone puma label?

I don't ever remember seeing those, although I know he did a pair of metallic gold-sequined shoes, so I wouldn't be surprised.

^thanks. I saw them at the stor in Georgetown, DC. Have any of you been? It is very interesting. The store seems just like a regular Puma label store, and then when you go upstairs there is the shoe section, and a metal bridge that takes you to a small brick hallway. In the halway is an exit door and a black piece of glass, and upon stepping infront of the glass it opens to reveal the collection store.

Anyway...back on topic. :smile:

purechris said:
hmmmmmmmm.......I might just have to take a walk across the street......the brown pair is kind of interesting to me:innocent:

to mcqeen or puma? :D

I really like the brown ones too...and the white ones with the kind of stitching pattern of the laces.

oh my gawd, they are so boring...how will the womens collection look like??!!I can´t see the huge hype in this at all, McQueen for Puma, so....?? it makes me just hate McQueen even more, why can´t the designers stop putting their hands in everything (stella for h&m and Adidas, Yamamoto for adidas, lagerfeldt for h&m...) it makes me so tired..:yuk:

Some of these look pretty cool, pricepoints not withstanding...

Cheap and nasty, that´s what I think...they kinda look like late 90s Royal Elastics or something.Worse than Y3 or even Bikkembergs, which were on top of my most hated giddy trainers list so far.

I was hoping for some for women and some that were non leather but I wouldn't wear a shoe with a toe print on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->