MET Costume Institute Gala 2024 : Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion

So we'll hear the word "archival" ad nauseam on the steps. Got it.

I guess they need a bland palate cleanser after the "drama" surrounding Karl's exhibit.

i like this in theory, but i also don't get it.. like, what is the actual theme? i'm confused lol. historical costume? elizabethan fashion? post-war couture? your guess is as good as mine.

#TOOMUCHFASHION the archive pulls that were going to see!!!

hoping to see a lot of mcqueen here. if the emphasis is on transient materials, ephemeral textiles... ss01 and ss07 are the go-to's.

I actually like the idea of this. In a way, it is a bit "back to basics" but with where fashion has been going lately, it'll be nice to see some of the works of the early greats. I doubt it, but hopefully there's some fabulous Schiaparelli, Gres and Vionnet pieces in here alongside say Prada's Fall 2007 feather and sequin pieces.

The theme is confusing, and can kind of be interpreted in odd ways. I do view it as a counterpart to Manus x Machina, just with a more transitory quality. I'm not sure the MET really knows where it is going with it either, considering other posts surrounding it.

I will admit I thought the name of the theme sounded horridly pretentious at first but the more I've read and learned about the exhibit, I think it's absolutely perfect. Very much looking forward to seeing which designs Andrew Bolton unearths...

So far no co-host has been announced...

There’s often/always celebrity cochairs without an obvious fashion connection. I think Hemsworth is a spokesperson for Hugo Boss though lol

Something tells me Jennifer will be wearing Schiaparelli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->