Midwest Street Style

yea, i was raised in st. paul but go to school in chicago and its definatly hit and miss with both

You have opened up my eyes with this thread! I was under the impression that everyone wore Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister :-S These people look great!
*foot in mouth*

visiting chicago

hey everyone - I'm going to be in Chicago for a few days next week and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some things to do - shopping, cool areas/places to visit?

my husband is going for work, so i'll have to find things to occupy myself with during the day. I've never been to the US before.

thx in advance! :wink:

hey everyone - I'm going to be in Chicago for a few days next week and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some things to do - shopping, cool areas/places to visit?

my husband is going for work, so i'll have to find things to occupy myself with during the day. I've never been to the US before.

thx in advance! :wink:

TFS:Chicago shopping

basically, the magnificent mile (michigan avenue) is the big tourist and retail destination in the city. a huge swath of hipster shops are concentrated in Wicker Park (Damen stop on the Blue Line) and Lincoln Park or Lakeview (aka Wrigleyville home of the Chicago Cubs). you can get a chicago hot dog and weiner's circle 24hours a day on Clark south of Diversey in Lincoln Park.

if you and your husband want to go out to a concert or see a gallery opening or do random local activities--check out the listings at:
gaper's block
flavorpill:chicago
the chicago reader

i hope you have fun in the city. :flower:

Oh thank goodness Chicago has some style, I am going to be applying to Columbia College Chicago and was worried that Chicago wasn't going to be all that stylish.

You have opened up my eyes with this thread! I was under the impression that everyone wore Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister :-S These people look great!
*foot in mouth*

well certainly i could take my camera and skew the thread that way :lol:

some more minneapolis, all from theminneapoline.blogspot.com

Scarf+Full.jpg
Red+Top+Front.jpg

Leather+Jacket.jpg
Layers+Full.jpg

:ninja: i need to stop avoiding my studies. and oy, i want to leave this town :cry::lol:

There is style in the MidWest...I promise!

I might have come along a little too late on this thread(I'm new here)..
but, I created/manage a website called The MidWasteland. I started the site because of people like you( most of you) that think the mid west has no style. The MidWasteland is DEDICATED to proving everyone wrong!

I think someone even posted a few of my street style pix. Those aren't even the half of them. Look through the entirety and you'll see.

And btw, sunday's best was the pooooorest attempt at capturing Chicago street style. It's unfortunate that people based their views on Chicago due to that blog.

I have been on yer site before and i think I linked it a while ago in this thread, but I do have a suggestion--can you make it easier to navigate to the street style portion of the site (i'm aware now after clicking all over the place that it's the Blog section). the layout in general is a bit confusing. :flower:

I have been on yer site before and i think I linked it a while ago in this thread, but I do have a suggestion--can you make it easier to navigate to the street style portion of the site (i'm aware now after clicking all over the place that it's the Blog section). the layout in general is a bit confusing. :flower:

You are absolutely right, it is totally confusing.

I am in the midst of a redesign on another server and it should be done shortly.

It is going to be AMAZING!

Until then, it is confusing and slow. Sorry in advance..:(

Keep checking back!:D

some looks on midwasteland.com from this summer:

3807747625_4f5688843d_b.jpg

3808562832_e516950ec9_b.jpg

3756624309_936fbdbd39_b.jpg

3741418904_e571e27736_b.jpg

3740626811_f740445ebf_b.jpg

3741422216_b08baa51f7_b.jpg

3741419278_332120111c_b.jpg

all photos from midwasteland.com

Got a pretty cute dress from Heaven/Vintage stuff that happens occasionally over there.
they have a blogspot and it gives a bit more of an impression of what some ppl in chicago are wearing: http://vintageheavenchicago.blogspot.com/

Just thinking aloud, i miss the local punks and gutter punks and rivetheads that used to hang out around belmont and clark. there's been a real... sanitization of the different subcultures in the city since i was a kid even... i can't imagine how it was like in the 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->