Midwest Street Style

you know, I'm surprised there are even this many on here. it makes me happy inside.

pointup, i beat you to it :lol: :heart:

from the bike messenger chic thread ... some guys from minneapolis

9bikevar1103.l.jpg

56965043_l.jpg

omg, i hate you travolta :angry: .. hahah, only kidding :lol: :flower:

In September I'll be sure to make use of my digital camera to make this thread flourish :smile:

the guy in the second picture reminds me of Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan on OC:(p I like the pictures:flower:

pointup said:
omg, i hate you travolta :angry: .. hahah, only kidding :lol: :flower:

In September I'll be sure to make use of my digital camera to make this thread flourish :smile:

oh, yeah -- congrats! i seemed to have misplaced my camera somewhere :cry: ...
otherwise i'd try to take some pics. maybe i'll try to take some anyways or find some random ones ...:innocent:

ps. i'll have to direct you toward checking out some of minneapolis/ st. paul's hidden gems ... B)

bump

Midwesterners deserve more attention.

Since I don't particularly live out in the open, it's hard for me to take good pictures. Unless it were of myself. :lol: But I think there are plenty of well dressed people in the cities. Boring, but, my kind of boring.

GalleriaResident said:
The Midwest and style dont mix

I live in a highwealth suburb of Chicago, where people can afford the designers sometimes listed on these forums... God's honest truth is that they simply wear UGGs, miniskirts, and muffintops. Forget symmetry, beauty, or any kind of class. They do that, or dress conservatively, or they do this extreme minimalist-look. It really only proves to me that money cannot buy style. I've gone to dollar-thrift stores and bought stuff, co-ordinated it, and looked like a million bucks. I've done the opposite too, it cost a little more than a few bucks. :doh: :lol:

Too many extremes. (In personality, too, but that's something else. :rolleyes: Maybe the fashion here just reflects these extremities.)

The runway is the only place one can find any reference to style, nowadays, and even then, sometimes it can be a toss-up :innocent: .

(cough) Homme (cough) Galliano :doh: :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Milwaukee ... there is no style here. Most of the year it's just too damn cold.

I wore UGGs (even to work) for about 2 months straight. Guilty as charged.

^I was in Milwaukee last year, everybody wore trackies and shorts in the summer time
My host family thought I was sooo vain :lol:

Oh my gosh, I am totally going to start carying my camera around the city now that I know this thread exists:innocent: I live in Minneapolis and there is such a variety... some good and some oh so bad :lol:

I'm from Milwaukee and the city's main stylish area is the East Side/Downtown. You get called "snooty "East Sider by the blah people.....I now live in Nashville. Love the style here....it's cold from late Nov thru Feb or so and you can still wear fabulous shoes and coats during winter.

I miss the lifestyle and fashion of Prospect Avenue/Lake Drive/,etc...soooo cutting edge. Heading to the 'burbs of Milwaukee, all about sweats, capris, those stupid flip flops and Kohl's Dept Store......... I Love Milwaukee though...

Last edited by a moderator:
it's hilarious how dead this thread is... saw a street style blog from Chicago--dead and boring/kind of gross infact as well. :( maybe Chicago is that bad, but... I know it isn't...:P there's an obvious ring scene stylish folk on myspace (and a whole lot more who wouldn't be caught/bothered to be on there ;]).

^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->