Milan menswear

icey

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I'm going to Milan soon and I'd like some tips on some of the best clothes shops there and on what items I should buy.

I am a big fan of Roberto Cavalli and Dolce&Gabbana. All clothes suit me as I have a good body type and long legs.

I'm looking for some rock, sexy type clothes.

Ideas on what to buy?? Runway images ? Shops etc.?

All help is greatly appreciated.

I just came back from milan and I shopped soooo much..dont worry, You'll find everything on the big shopping streets..

My favourite is Corso Como 10 (Iguess you have some money to spend if you are going to Cavalli) that is a really great shop..They have a lot of different labels there..and also foto exibitions, bookstore, CD shop, bar, restaurant etc...

Yor go to Porta Garibaldi with the metro, then you go up to Corso Como and at number 10 you'll find the shop..

thanks so much emi ! I'm from Finland and I've actually lived before in Milan but that was in the 80's and I was like 4 ! :D

Does anyone have anymore tips ?? What are some cool items to pick up? Like said, I love sexy, rock type clothes.

for sexy, rock type clothes I believe there is an official Dior Homme flagship boutique in Milan.

Fade to Black said:
for sexy, rock type clothes I believe there is an official Dior Homme flagship boutique in Milan.

LOL yeah but any other suggestions ?

Corso Como 10 is a *must*. They also have an outlet some blocks away; the opening hours are a bit more limited than the regular store's. You'll find directions at the main store, or just ask. Or google.

Another outlet I like is D-magazine at the end of Via Montenapoleone. They carry all sorts of labels like Dior homme, Prada, Comme des garcon, Versace, Gucci, Yamamoto, Margiela and much more. As always, what they have to offer at these outlets varies wildly: sometimes everything is crap, sometimes they're full of treasures.

Dose anyone know Antonioli which is located within a few blocks from Lima station? It seems to carry the clothes from the most sophisticated designers such as carol christian poell but I have heard that it is difficult to find because there is one door and that is all the shop has outward, which has a similar outside appearanace to L'ECLAIREUR in Paris. By the way, carpe diem, carol christian poell, and neil barrett mainly work in Italy, so there should be some shops carrying a large amount of their collections in Milan. However, I have never heard that kind of shops are there (I know a flagship store of neil barrett is in Tokyo somehow, instead of Milan). Do you know that the shops which carry many pieces of the clothes from the designers?

Foreign tourists making acquisitions in Italy can claim an I.V.A. (sales tax) rebate, provided that more than 155 Euro is spent at the same store on the same day. If this is the case, ask the vendor for a proper receipt describing the merchandise purchased and stating the amount of tax paid. When you leave Europe (no later than 90 days after the date of the purchase), show your receipt to Customs and have them stamp it. Then mail the receipt to the vendor, who should forward the I.V.A. rebate to you. On a $1000.-purchase, you should get about $115-160. back.

If you do not receive a response from the vendor, DO complain to the nearest Italian Embassy. European authorities are trying very hard to make this program work. an even better alternative is to shop in stores displaying the Global Refund (Tax-Free Shopping) sticker. Basically the process is the same, except that the vendor will issue you a Tax-Free Shopping Check upon seeing your passport. Then, when you leave the last European country on your trip, show your receipts at Customs. They will stamp your checks and you can obtain your refund at an ETS desk, by mail or by transfer to your credit card account.
a word to the wise about I.V.A. rebates.... Allow plenty of time at the airport to process your claim.

My favourite shop in Milan is Salvagente. But finding the place can pose a bit of a challenge. You have to take the 60 bus to get there.It will take you to duomo and central station. Get off in Via Bronzetti at the stop nearest the corner with Via Archimede... If you are coming from the direction of the station, just after the bus-shelter, and before you reach the hairdressers, you will see a green iron gate with a bronze sign on it that says Salvagente.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow thanks for all the great replies !! I live in Finland (E.U.) so I guess I won't get that tax-free benefit. :(

Any other suggestions?

Is there any cheap outlets in and around Milan`?? It would be so awesome to buy half-price Dior Homme, Dolce&Gabbana and Cavalli... any help is appreciated !!! :flower:

icey, we already mentioned a few above. There aren't really any huge outlets in the city itself.

If you want a mega-outlet, you have to go to Foxtown in Switzerland or halfway to Genova, where you'll find Serravalle. There are also some outlets, like the Prada one, close to Firenze.

Disclaimer: It's been a while since I moved from Italy, but afaik the above is still true.

Btw, Salvagente mentioned above is an outlet. I realised it didn't say so in the post. I've never had any luck there myself though.

thanks for tips tott !!! I'm flying from Helsinki to Switzerland and I'm driving from Gstaad to Milano. Is Foxtown on the way?

Tack för hjälpen !!!! :flower:

icey said:
thanks for tips tott !!! I'm flying from Helsinki to Switzerland and I'm driving from Gstaad to Milano. Is Foxtown on the way?

Tack för hjälpen !!!! :flower:

Yes, it's between Lugano and Como, exactly in Mendrisio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjidiakez
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->