Models Switching Agencies

Could someone explain why models leave their agencies...I think I already know the answer, but would like to find out from someone who really knows! Also, how iron clad are their contracts at these agencies and how do they get out of them?

Could someone explain why models leave their agencies...I think I already know the answer, but would like to find out from someone who really knows! Also, how iron clad are their contracts at these agencies and how do they get out of them?

I'm not good with contract details so i'll leave that to someone else to answer.

Basically if a model is feeling that they are not being managed to their full potential they will leave for another agency that they feel can do a better job. Maybe the model feels that they are being overshadowed by other models at the agency or that they are not being presented jobs that they should be. Perhaps the agency is not getting them any editorial work, runway work, or ad campaigns and it could also be because the model/agent relationship isn't as good as it could be. If the model feels that they will work better at another agency with another agent then they will obviously leave thinking it will benefit their career.

Natasa Vojnovic - IMG NY ---> WOMEN NY
Jade Gotcher - FORD NY ---> IMG NY

Last edited by a moderator:
Hana Soukupova - DNA NY, VIVA PARIS ---> IMG NY

I don't feel so good about this one. Without DNA Hana wouldn't be anywhere right now, and even though shes been working for over 4 years they are still getting her some good work like Victoria's Secret. I don't think being with IMG will change much.

Hana Soukupova - DNA NY, VIVA PARIS ---> IMG NY

I don't feel so good about this one. Without DNA Hana wouldn't be anywhere right now, and even though shes been working for over 4 years they are still getting her some good work like Victoria's Secret. I don't think being with IMG will change much.

Maybe they'll get her a small cosmetics contract, or perhaps they'll get her back into some top high fashion campaigns? I guess we'll see the effects next season. Shall be interesting...

^ I, too, think it's a weird move, and I don't think her career will particularly benefit from it... Like a friend of mine said, there's always been something somewhat disappointing about her career... She had her moments but never really was at the top of her game IMO... I don't think it's DNA's fault though, and when you see the amazing job they do with some veterans like Raquel, I think you can only blame Hana :innocent: Anyways I like her and I'm kinda sad she's leaving DNA, I almost feel betrayed :lol:

Maybe they'll get her a small cosmetics contract, or perhaps they'll get her back into some top high fashion campaigns? I guess we'll see the effects next season. Shall be interesting...

Hopefully that will happen, but there have been many 'more famous' girls that launched to IMG and nothing has really changed; like Caroline Winberg and Marija Vujovic. :doh:

I guess we will see....*insert optimistic msn dog emoticon* :lol:

It's sad, I mean after all DNA did for Hana, maybe there's more to the story, maybe she was dropped?

IMG is known to aggressively go after models from other agencies, trying to convince them to to switch. They offer the girls everything from a lower commission to a cash signing bonus.

Yeah, I mean after thinking about it she is a great comodity, even though she has no campaigns this season, she did do VS, and she has the potential to book major campaigns so it is DNA's loss, it is unlikely that they'd drop her, I mean DNAs board is one of the smallest right? It seems like they're very selective.

The "First Face SS08" video of Mariacarla says she's with DNA... Did she switch, or is it just a mistake on FTV's part? The latter wouldn't be surprising :lol:

Does anyone know what agency Leona Axelsen Ringström left DNA for? :huh:

Wow, I just learned that Rachel Alexander was another girl that used to be with Ford (back in 2001), before jumping ship to Women.

She was shooting with Meisel back then too..:blink:

Interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I just learned that Rachel Alexander was another girl that used to be with Ford (back in 2001), before jumping ship to Women.

She was shooting with Meisel back then too..:blink:

Interesting...

Wow that is interesting. She must have been really young then, 14, 15? Was she on a break between her switch from Ford to Women?

I find that IMG is pushing the same girls over and over again lately so I think that's why a lot of girls are jumping ship to smaller agencies where they have a better chance of being promoted.

agencies are like boyfriends. if they're not treating you right, or paying attention to you, or showing more interest in other girls, you break up with them and find another boyfriend.

Edita was with women for like 2 years but switched to DNA, and now she's doing much better and is being represented much better considering her potential. Hopefully the results will be great.

I wish Alessandra Ambrosio would drop Elite+'s *** and go to an agency that can boost her popularity to Heidi's level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->