Models Turning To Actresses

Gemma still live in Perth?Or moved to NY(i heard that b4)?

She lives in NY, but is this the thread to talk about her? Although speculation is that she's going to do some acting.

sashatheelf said:
jamie king was also in Pearl Harbor, and that girl from gilmore girls was with Ford.

some people can act, some cant.

yep.
Alexis was into acting since she was kid. Modelling was quite an accident in her life, really. I think she's a great actress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have model turn actresses than actor/actresses turn designers.

Also, anyone remember Tyra when she was on Fresh Prince of Bel Air? I thought she was really good on that.

I love Milla in Zoolander... she was so good in that movie

"I suggest you and your K-Mart collection jacket stay the hell away from Derek Zoolander..."

:lol:

Aishwarya Rai (she kind of counts as a model right?) and Alexis Bledel are in Bride and Prejudice.

Jessica Stam in [extremely] short film Agent Orange.

Adriana Lima in those awesome BMW ads with Clive Owen, if I remember the one she stars in is called The Hire: The Follow.

Angela Lindvall in one of my personal favourites, CQ. I'm still undecided on her acting though.

Natalia Vodianova in CQ, but for like literally less then 2 minutes.

Alek Wek
in The Four Feathers.

Rie Rasmussen and Rebecca Romijn if you count her as a model in Femme Fatale - but be careful with that one it's a little naughty.

Kate Moss in Blackadder Back & Forth and a really short part in French & Saunders.

And I'm pretty sure it's Gemma Ward in John Mayer's 'Daughters' - you can watch it on his official site.

And to make this post relevant to the rest of this thread.
An observation of mine is when models become actresses , a lot of them don't look beautiful anymore . I think its because on magazines the photographer can pick a good angle while in movies you can only do so much. Or maybe theres a bit
of a difference when you pose in front of a photographer and a movie camera ...
What about runway? A lot of models look incredible on runway. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I like seeing models in movies because in a photo it's so 2d and it's all imagination, whereas in movies you get to see another side of them if you will. I think Shalom Harlow looks better in movies then she does in photos.

Helena Christensen has just finished filming a Danish film called Allegro:flower:

Models tend to think they can be actresses because they're used to working in front of a camera, dressing up, playing a part, posing etc. Most of them tend to be bad because they still act as if they're doing a fashion shoot: posing, pouting and being sexy. They don't play any gritty roles, maybe because they're not offered them. Giseles' performance in Taxi epitomises what kind of parts movie producers see as perfect for a model turned actress nowadays. Sexy and empty.

However, while actresses continue hogging all the fashion magazines that come out every month and deluding themselves into thinking they're models, I have no probs with models forging a career for themselves in the acting world and similary deluding themselves into thinking they can be actresses ...:innocent:

and the roles they're getting seem pretty B/C grade...certainly not quality stuff...

I think Shalom was in Vanilla Sky and Head Over Heels, too.

Travis Fimmel was in Tarzan on the WB, and I think there is a another TV show on the WB that he has in the works.

SCBlondie said:
Actresses are turning into models, so why not?
They're usually only spokesmodels though aren't they? (Not saying there's anything wrong with spokemodels, I :heart: them)
You know, like Revlon had Condy Crawford, Halle Berry. Julianne Moore. Neutrogena:smile:yuk: ) had Mischa Barton, whos skin is too lovely for me to believe she uses that junk.

these are other models that i know that have done something big

carol alt
was a very successful model before pursuing a very successful acting carre

http://www.carolalt.com

http://www.askmen.com/women/models_100/123_carol_alt.html

carol_alt_150.jpg

Monika Schnarre...supposedly the youngest model to ever win the ford supermodel contest and also to appear in american vogue and sports illustrated
has been i quite a number of movies and tv series. even had a role in american soap the bold and the beautiful playing 'a model'

http://www.monikaschnarre.com/resume.html

portfolio_3.jpg

portfolio_9.jpg

Tyson Ballou wrote in his myspace site that he is studying acting and hopefully will get into the entertainment industry.

hi everyone, i'm new...

just wanted to know if anyone has seen kate moss in the movie, 'inferno" and if you know how i can get a hold of it...thanks!

I think it really depends on talent. If a model is good, then she'll be offered more "meaty" roles and not just be typecast as the "pretty girl". If she's a bad actress then she'll probably only be known as a model.

IMO Milla Jolevitch (sp) isn't bad at all, and she gets decent roles- She played Joan of Arc in The Messinger, anmd she was also pretty good in The Claim which was actually fairly dark.

Brooke Shields can be OK depending on what she's doing. She was good as a lesbian in that TV movie (can't remember the name)

Rebecca Romijn on the other hand has never impressed me much. She's had opportunity to show talent in films like Femme Fatale and even Godsend. Her performances seem empty to me.

Tyra Banks, Claudia Schiffer, Shalom Harlow, and Heidi Klum have all failed to impress me. Jamie King hasn't impressed me but I may be biased b/c I haven't liked any of the films I've seen her in.

kourtni said:
I think Shalom was in Vanilla Sky and Head Over Heels, too.

Travis Fimmel was in Tarzan on the WB, and I think there is a another TV show on the WB that he has in the works.
I remember her in Head over Heals. Who was she in Vanilla Sky?

Rie Rasmussen was taking some directing classes, last I heard.

Naomi Campbell played herself in Absolutely Fabulous. (They kept referring to her as bitchy and difficult throughout, ha)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->