Montreal shopping

glammgal

Reaction score
HELLO EVERYONE!!!
i am going to montreal in a week and have never been there and i was wondering if anyone could tell me where the best places to shop. i like unique, funky and trendy things. And if anyone was familiar with any good accommandations such as cheap hotels or nice bed & breakfast places
thank you

Hehe, I am from Montreal.

For unique shops, head to "Les Cours Mont Royal" located next to the PEEL metro. There you'll find stores like Space FB (showcasing local talent Francois Beauregard-they're having a HUGE end of season sale right now, everything is 50% off or more), Giorgio Femme (located on the before-last floor) that carries brands like Lanvin, Balenciaga......

If you are looking for trendy clothes head to StyleXchange also located in Les Cours Mont Royal or EnrXchange which carries Fornarina and Miss Sixty jeans at hard to beat prices (85$ for Miss Sixty jeans and 65$ for Fornarina!!!!!!!!).

For vintage finds, head to a street called Mont Royal, (it's in front of you right after you exit the Mont-Royal metro). Turn right, and you'll finds tons of shops (from CDs to jewellry to vintage clothing.......).

For "casual" shopping, go to metro McGill (downtown!), there's an underground shopping mall there that links to thousands of shops in tons of shopping malls (Centre Eaton, Complexe Les Ailes, Place Montreal Trust, Carrefour Alliance, Les Cours Mont-Royal, Place Ville Marie.........................). The best stores to check out are Bedo (on St Catherine street) which is from an excellent local designer (his stuff is like Marc Jacobs meets Zara) at very attractive prices (20$ to 150$) and Holt Renfrew (which carries designer clothing), it is next to metro Peel.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :flower:

Kimkhuu you forgot St-Laurent.
Glammgal check out Little Italy they have great boutiques and further down you'll hit the factories for great finds at a factory prices.
I :heart: Mont-Royal & St-Denis (don't be surprised if you smell weed everywhere you go :lol: ).

DO take advantage of the underground shopping malls downtown. They are all connected so you don't have to step foot outside. The weather is horrible these days...

Space FB she can skip - cheap garbage that tries to be trendy. It falls apart.

I'm going to Montreal in a week- any stores that are absolute can't-miss-es? Preferably the type that sells things that I couldn't find in NY.

ummm... lol you live in NYC.... well just let me put it like this... i go to nyc to buy my clothese cause NYC has everything montreal does not. I mean if you are into normal clothing than you can find that anywhere. If you are into trendy brands then sorry to say their arnt that many places....

depends on your style....

I like Marc jacobs diane von. , etc... you can find stuff like that at Holt Renfrew...

hey i'm bumping this because i recently made a trip to st-laurent and mont royal to do some vintage shopping but i was surprised to see how expensive everything was! eva b is known to be one of the best vintage stores in montreal but everything was too overpriced for my liking. can anyone recommend some cheaper vintage stores i can check out? thanks!

does anyone know where i can find Franklin & Marshall clothing in MOntreal??

Just wanted to bump up this thread since I'll be headed to Montreal next week. Any advice on where to shop for (more) affordable women's clothing? THanks! :flower:

wow such a dead thread! I'm heading to Montreal next week and wondered if anyone had anything else to add to this thread? I'll be in the downtown area I guess (around McGill)

I've been to the Farha Foundation event twice now and both times were kind of disappointing. Last year I got some nice Michael Kors pumps for 55$ and that was it. This year's was even worse. Rudsak had some nice coats 50% off, but they were really old models. Too bad!

Meg, around McGill you have Cours Mont-Royal, Eaton Centre, countless shops! Zara, Urban Outfitters (Ste-Catherine & De la Montagne), Simons, Style Exchange, Winners are places I visit regularly. Have a good time!

there's nothing spectacular...to be honest.
the weather is pretty crazy but i'd recommend the boutiques along St Laurent and St Denis/Mont Royal, if you don't mind the cold...:P

I agree, although it has been warming up a little. You'll probably have a much better time just wondering around the plateau and exploring the boutiques.

It would be nice if we could work together and make a nice list of boutiques all across the city for men and women :smile:

stop by reborn, which is imo the best boutique in montreal. the owner has great taste. it's in old montreal, which is walking distance (but yes, it is very cold), or easily accessible by the metro.

http://www.reborn.ws

We should work on a list, great idea!

I've walked past Reborn a million times and never been inside, I'll have to check it out...

It would be nice if we could work together and make a nice list of boutiques all across the city for men and women :smile:

this would be so, so nice!

i am visiting there in april.

does anyone have suggestions for boutique hotels? i found one, but i'm not sure where it is in conjunction to everything else in the city, so i'll post the address later this weekend. ideally, i would like to be able to walk most places.

stop by reborn, which is imo the best boutique in montreal. the owner has great taste. it's in old montreal, which is walking distance (but yes, it is very cold), or easily accessible by the metro.

http://www.reborn.ws

:shock: AMAZING stock indeed.. wowwww must check this place out (once the snow thaws) thanks for the link!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->