Most Overpriced Designer? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^And I can't even imagine why. Is there some detail/technique I'm missing?

It's just about everybody and their dog having a LV or whatever $ 2000 bag and $ 500 Louboutin heels those things are not "exclusive" anymore (or are fake). So why not just increase the price to the unwashed masses with their overbranded logo filled closets can't afford $1000 jeans or $15`000 dress.
It's also not really easy to counterfeit any of the pieces #919 or Balmain's jeans (I've seen a couple tries, they got it all wrong). So those things remain a bit more "exclusive".

^it's so true. also, it's the balmain effect on the larger fashion world. houses like prada and others now know there's a customer willing to dole out tens of thousands simply to look individual/of-the-moment.

also, balenciaga shoes ain't cheap; they never have been. and it's not too much to ask for a shoe -- like balenciaga "it shoe" every season imho -- that can hold its own with SO many different types of looks from the most plain (current + elliott jeans du jour and alexander wang layered tanks) to the most over-the-top (mix-and-match separates from rodarte and rick owens).

Last edited by a moderator:
i was surprised by this $20,000 pucci dress! omg!

http://www.emiliopucci.com/item/store/EMILIO+PUCCI/tskay/229040E8/rr/1/cod10/34152960AV/areaid//sts/

34152960AV_11_F.jpg

emiliopucci.com

^This price is not an obstacle for most socialites. Sky high pricetags keep a label more exclusive and distances it away from general retail.

^it's definitely for the hedge fund/charity circuit crowd. if you're going to spend $100k on a table, might as well spend ~$16k on a dress.

I'd have to say Michael Kors is ridiculously overpriced especially for the quality you get.
My mom recently bought a purse and it's already starting to lose its shape and it's slowly falling apart. I'm not sure whether to say it's overpriced or has no quality. Both?

Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 dress - $24,500 AUD
00510m.jpg

style

How ridiculous, it looks so low-quality. Reminds me of S/S 2006

Aaaare they crazy..for that f****n ****...Even Dior dresses from RTW S/S 2010 are more cheaper...Huge WOOW!!!

Louis Vuitton prices their Pret-A-Porter in accordance with exclusivity rather than quality or craftsmanship.

Their logo is so ubiquitous (bags, shoes, luggage, etc) and it is so accessible that to control their image as the ultimate in luxury goods, they price their Pret-A-Porter accordingly. It is about maintaining a certain degree of exclusivity in the face of the globalized world where there is a Louis Vuitton store in almost every major city.

haha i love louis vuitton but how they charge that is beyond :lol:

2000$ for that Garbage-just no way...

cocoperez.com

How someone can buy that & feel smart is a bit beyond me ... :unsure: I see that and think, Marc, you have no respect for us, do you ... I mean sure, irony is great and all, but so is having money in the bank. Don't you have to be lacking something rather basic to spend $2K on a faux garbage bag??

^i know some who would buy it for the ironic factor alone and never carry it. some have comic books, others have louis vuitton.

The irony is nice as is, but LV's pseudo-trash bag is well suited for an advertising campaign/fashion photography than an actual hand bag....

Louis Vuitton New Age Traveler Backpack
US $54,500

00560m.jpg

025.jpg

Oh Marc...:judge: :sick:

style.com/ilvoelv.com

I just choked . It's really not that attractive .

Your comment is tactful beyond belief :innocent: Go ahead and send this to Guiness--nothing nicer is going to be said about this bag :wink: I do love croc, but no crocodile should have to die so that monstrosity could exist. Things this ugly should certainly be made of something else ...

There are many New Age travelers ... is there a single one who'd carry that? :unsure:

As for irony ... love it, but I can get a perfectly nice copy of Jane Austen for $20, and it looks better on my shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->