Movies You Loved as a Child

purplelucrezia

Reaction score
I was just thinking about celebrities who were also child stars and I remembered Thora Birch. "Monkey Trouble" was one of my favourite movies when I was a kid, although I had no idea who she was at the time. I still love films with criminals (monkey or not) and it dawned on me that my movie choices still haven't changed all that much over the years. I thought it'd be fun to compare everyone's favourite films as kids to their tastes now.
Which movies did you love as a child? :flower:

I guess people's age will be more apparent with this post :smile: Mine was ET, hands down. I remember crying at a movie for the first time and it felt like the strangest feeling to cry b/c of a movie. I was just used to crying for not getting what I wanted or scraping my knee or something :lol:

Originally posted by punkie@Mar 8th, 2004 - 9:29 pm
I guess people's age will be more apparent with this post :smile: Mine was ET, hands down. I remember crying at a movie for the first time and it felt like the strangest feeling to cry b/c of a movie. I was just used to crying for not getting what I wanted or scraping my knee or something :lol:
Oh, I love ET! :heart: Also one of my favourites, although I have to say that I found it kind of scary when I first saw it... :lol:

hmmm...

ET was good...I remember, the first time watching it at home, crying in my mother's lap, lol.

Pretty In Pink was a favorite, still is.

Stripes...my father watched it pretty often, so I guess it rubbed off on me.

"Wizard of Oz" was my most favorite growing up. Along with the usual Disney classics;animated or otherwise.

ET-oh how I love this movie!

Grease

as a teen-all of the John Hughes movies like Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club

As a kid, I loved watching Harriet the Spy. I remember renting it all the time, then finally buying my own copy.

Not to mention, of course, those Disney cartoons. :smile:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 8th, 2004 - 10:22 pm
"Wizard of Oz" was my most favorite growing up. Along with the usual Disney classics;animated or otherwise.
Me too! :lol: Also Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

My older girls always loved " Goonies" I think thats the name. It's about some kids that go on a pirate ship hunt for a treasure. Does anyone remember this one?

Originally posted by model_mom@Mar 9th, 2004 - 11:38 pm
My older girls always loved " Goonies" I think thats the name. It's about some kids that go on a pirate ship hunt for a treasure. Does anyone remember this one?
YESS!! i love goonies..."HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!"

Sean Astin from LOTR is in it

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 8th, 2004 - 9:33 pm
Oh, I love ET! :heart: Also one of my favourites, although I have to say that I found it kind of scary when I first saw it... :lol:
YES! I was afraid of ET as well. The part when he goes all floury white is creepy as hell. I could never get past that part when I was little. I was also really afraid of Logan's Run.

So, yeah, I can't really remember my favorite childhood movies...just the ones that scared me the most.

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 8th, 2004 - 10:22 pm
I still love Wizard of Oz now lol I watched it during Christmas time when they bring out the classic family movies :heart:
Also I like Grease too...i cant stop drooling at the outfits they have on! :flower:
And Big with tom Hanks used to be one of my favourites if anyone remembers it lol

Originally posted by pointup+Mar 10th, 2004 - 12:08 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pointup @ Mar 10th, 2004 - 12:08 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-model_mom@Mar 9th, 2004 - 11:38 pm
YESS!! i love goonies..."HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!"

Sean Astin from LOTR is in it [/b][/quote]
lol I loved the goonies, sean astin was adorable in that movie - I really liked corey feldman in it, especially when he's talking to the maid in spanish about the 'drug stash' :lol:

I think my favourite movies when I was little were the wizard of oz, peter pan & alice in wonderland - :innocent: I seem to have had a theme going :blush:

Originally posted by model_mom@Mar 9th, 2004 - 11:38 pm
Oh, I was terrified of that film! I still remember the scene where they tried to put a kid's hand in the blender... :ninja:
Mind you, Home Alone also scared me at the time... :lol:

I would just watch anything with a murder. Watched and rewatched every Agatha Christie, regardless of who was playing Poirot because to me it didn't matter.

I loved The Wizard Of Oz and all the usual Disney Classics, especially Mary Poppins..I remember I cried when that tape got ruined somehow!! :blush:

Land Before Time (I cried so badly I had to leave the theater...), An American Tale, all the Disney Animated Films except Bambi and Dumbo (too traumatizing)...LOVED Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan (dreamt of flying for years as a result)... one movie I detested, however, was ET :ninja:
OO OO also loved all of the Rainbow Brite, Care Bear and My Little Pony movies :innocent:
Oh yeah and some old Disney movies like Summer Magic, the Moon Spinners, Parent Trap, Pollyanna, Freaky Friday (w/ Jodie Foster) etc.

Originally posted by meowmix@Mar 12th, 2004 - 12:44 pm
Oh yeah and some old Disney movies like Summer Magic, the Moon Spinners, Parent Trap, Pollyanna, Freaky Friday (w/ Jodie Foster) etc.
Oh I used to like Hayley Mills movies as well...
My mother got so sick of Pollyanna! :lol: :innocent:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Mar 12th, 2004 - 2:00 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Mar 12th, 2004 - 2:00 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-meowmix@Mar 12th, 2004 - 12:44 pm
My mother got so sick of Pollyanna! :lol: :innocent: [/b][/quote]
!! I had a dress just like that one Hayley wore in that scene! :ninja: Those movies were so happy and always gave me the warm fuzzies :blush:

Originally posted by meowmix+Mar 12th, 2004 - 1:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meowmix @ Mar 12th, 2004 - 1:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 12th, 2004 - 2:00 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-meowmix
@Mar 12th, 2004 - 12:44 pm

My mother got so sick of Pollyanna! :lol: :innocent:
!! I had a dress just like that one Hayley wore in that scene! :ninja: Those movies were so happy and always gave me the warm fuzzies :blush: [/b][/quote]
Yup, they were fun. They annoyed the heck out of my poor mum though...The Glad Game! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->