MTV Europe Music Awards 2003

i didnt like even one of her outfits :yuk: i was also disappointed with kylie. i expected something more flashy and tarty for an mtv award show.

As I watched Christina open the show it struck me that she reminded me a bit of Cher (minus the Bob Mackie). Cher was always given sh*t for her outfits and I enjoyed everyone of them because she seemed to be having fun, having a laught at herself.
I don't know that Christina has that kind of humility to have a laugh at herself and just have fun and not give a damn. But I have to say, I am entertained and anything that gives me a laugh these days is all right with me. And seeing her cookie in the opening chaps outfit just makes me want a take a bite. Grrrrrrr.

christina looks dirty yes like she has not taken a shower, and over sprayed in the tan department - too much fantasy tan! and she looks like a complete wh*re. the nun get up and strip is horrible.... i think the catholic church (the church i think of with nuns) has a lot they need to change but i dont think portraying a stripping nun is appropriate... she is one thing GROSS.... however she looks thinner......

the thing going on in the pop world - who can be the most outwardly sexual, controversial, revealing in other words whorish is pathetic - a race to who can look like the biggest sl*t the quickest.... YUCK!

Originally posted by lele@Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:15 pm
christina looks dirty yes like she has not taken a shower, and over sprayed in the tan department - too much fantasy tan! and she looks like a complete wh*re. the nun get up and strip is horrible.... i think the catholic church (the church i think of with nuns) has a lot they need to change but i dont think portraying a stripping nun is appropriate... she is one thing GROSS.... however she looks thinner......

the thing going on in the pop world - who can be the most outwardly sexual, controversial, revealing in other words whorish is pathetic - a race to who can look like the biggest sl*t the quickest.... YUCK!
Get a sense of humor the catholic curch doesn't deserve your indignation. Sheilding pedophile priests. Nun's are some of the most evil people I've encountered on the planet.

And thank you to the queen mother of all celebrities/media whores. Madonna.

You know, if I was asked to host the European VMA's, I'd dress pretty damn flashy, too. Get some perspective, kids.

Originally posted by Episternum@Nov 10th, 2003 - 12:47 am
You know, if I was asked to host the European VMA's, I'd dress pretty damn flashy, too. Get some perspective, kids.
dressing flashy is one thing.......

wearing some sparkly strippers dress with a bucket on your head and acting like an insecure b*tch isnt classy :wink:

Originally posted by Acid+Nov 10th, 2003 - 11:40 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acid @ Nov 10th, 2003 - 11:40 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Episternum@Nov 10th, 2003 - 12:47 am
dressing flashy is one thing.......

wearing some sparkly strippers dress with a bucket on your head and acting like an insecure b*tch isnt classy :wink: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Prowler+Nov 9th, 2003 - 2:54 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prowler @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 2:54 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:15 pm

Get a sense of humor the catholic curch doesn't deserve your indignation. Sheilding pedophile priests. Nun's are some of the most evil people I've encountered on the planet.

And thank you to the queen mother of all celebrities/media whores. Madonna. [/b][/quote]
I have a sense of humor, thanks.

If you read my post - I said the catholic church needs to change....

Christina looks like a dirty tramp with a terrible stylist, bad fake tan and bad implants. Please! :angry:

Give me a beautiful Norah Jones with real talent over these lipsyncing jokes anyday!

I actually think Christina's implants are quite becoming. As far as her tan, eh it's a little to Paris Hilton for me. And just because Norah jones plays the piano and doesnt dress like a wh*re doesnt give her more talent than someone else.

Originally posted by franco@Nov 10th, 2003 - 3:02 pm
I actually think Christina's implants are quite becoming. As far as her tan, eh it's a little to Paris Hilton for me. And just because Norah jones plays the piano and doesnt dress like a wh*re doesnt give her more talent than someone else.
You have got to be kidding me!
Anyone who lip-syncs is a joke to me…
I am not saying because she is playing a piano she is better but I am saying that a singer who gets on stage an actually sings has infinitely more talent than someone getting the words piped into their ears and dancing around…. I can like their music, but not respect their performances… Christina can sing but chooses to mouth the words too many times for me to respect her as a performer… britney is the worst at this…I admire all sorts of talent and music I just respect the true performers the most and the lip syncers the least.

Agreed lele, gimme Norah Jones anyday. Unpretentious and comfortable in her own skin. I'm sure there are some good nuns and priests altho the church shldnt have covered for those bast*rds... can't go judging a whole group of people by just one or a few examples. It's like judging all the Muslims as if they're as bad as those bloody extremists. I'm a Christian so I've nothing to gain from defending either.
Personally, I cringe at Christina except her voice, but that's just me. To each his own. Kirsten Dunst hosted the MTV movie awards and her choice of costumes were muchhh better but still fun.
Oh and Xtina's tan! :wacko:

Originally posted by lele+Nov 10th, 2003 - 3:23 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Nov 10th, 2003 - 3:23 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-franco@Nov 10th, 2003 - 3:02 pm
You have got to be kidding me!
Anyone who lip-syncs is a joke to me…
I am not saying because she is playing a piano she is better but I am saying that a singer who gets on stage an actually sings has infinitely more talent than someone getting the words piped into their ears and dancing around…. I can like their music, but not respect their performances… Christina can sing but chooses to mouth the words too many times for me to respect her as a performer… britney is the worst at this…I admire all sorts of talent and music I just respect the true performers the most and the lip syncers the least. [/b][/quote]
As far as lip-synching is concerned, i think it's ok for the sake of entertainment. We all know Christina has an above average voice. As far as Britney, uhh i wont even coment. I wasnt saying Norah didnt have any talent. In fact i went to one of her concerts here in Arizona which was great. But i just dont think Christina's talent should be judged by her fashion statements.

Was she lipping her performance on the EMA's? I cant recall her ever lipping a performance? Who know's but i just dont think because a singer lips thier performance doesnt mean they have no talent. I mean certainly it would require some talent to make t look like your singing and dance at the same time right? ha!

i think our discussion was on topic....just a diversion but nonetheless....
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DsgnaWW1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->