Personal Must-Haves For S/S 2012

sill

Reaction score
What are everybody's must-haves for the new season to come? :flower:

I totally have my mind on warm weather, probably because that's when my pregnancy will be over and I can wear normal clothes again! I'm in a very boho mood, and these two Etoile items (shorts new this season, top from last year) will be added to my wardrobe of peasant tops, cropped pants, and flat sandals. This is the first time in a while I've wanted to wear shorts, and although it's hard to tell from the picture, these are a great, longer length. Also, I think it's time to bring my embroidered Dries van Noten flats from s/s 2006 out of retirement!

(photos taken by my friend)

Attachments

• isleyshorts.jpg
    isleyshorts.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2
  • bild.JPG
    bild.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 4
Glittered/Metallic/Neon sandals. Anything will do it. I've been obsessed with a very simple look and flashy sandals since last summer.. I wore my cherry pink sandals till they fell apart over the summer and this year I may want to try green, bright minty green, and silver/glittered.

I can't wait to finally see the Marni x H&M silver sandals in person, loved them on the video but they looked a little 'chunky' in pictures so I'm curious of how they actually look. :heart:

Also loved the silver lurex skirts seen at Vanessa Bruno. Paired with more lightweight materials and earth colors. And then all shades of blue (but not with silver).

I feel like I said silver 30 times. :lol:

muted rose jeans and grey tops.
muted rose tops and grey jeans.
maybe a mint top if has black in it and the mint is the right tone of pale.
chestnut peep toes

Mullet, I too want silver sandals. And I plan on queeing for the Marni x H&M ones (hopefully they will be perfect). I had a pair of silver brogues special made in Vietnam years ago and I still love them, especially worn with bare legs in spring.

I really want a pair of nude moccasins or loafers for when it's warm enough to wear dresses, shorts and skirts without tights. I really like it when my legs and feet are the same colour (meaning that in winter I wear black tights + black shoes about 5 out of 7 days a week), it makes me look taller and kinda serves as a blanc canvas allowing me to have more fun with the rest of the pieces in my outfit.

Aside from that I really want something in lavender, I feel like mixing it with silver, navy and grey (probably not all at once).
I also feel like mixing more prints, nothing too loud though. But more quiet prints within the same colour scheme. For this I'm still looking for the perfect printed blazer.

a new leather backpack
band of outsiders button-up tanks
dieppa restrepo oxfords
opening ceremony printed bikini
a grey miniskirt
skinny high waisted dark blue jeans.. not sure where to look yet!

Glycine+Mini+GRH+Part+Time.jpg

Balenciaga City in Glycine. Must have it ASAP
{image from lovebbags.com}

A below the knee length skirt. Something a little prim and proper.

Sounds bizarre, but I want a fur vest for summer. I missed the boat on fur vests this past Fall/winter, and I think they'd look lovely with my print dresses. Preferably short and small. H&M had a great, affordable version that I missed out on. :(

I got me some strong-coloured necklaces, and can't wait to pair them with some T-shirts.
Also, I'll wear boots this summer. I'm starting to have a boots fetish :smile:

is anyone else looking for printed trousers? i like what i see in the streetstyle section and could totally see incorporating this into my wardrobe. i've tried the inexpensive alternative in "printed jeans" but they are all so disappointing and contrived, whether flowers or animal print. is the key to this, it has to be dressier such as a trouser? just wondering if anyone else has been successful finding the right balance...its fast turning a must have into a must stay away from for me.

^Yeah I don't really feel the printed jeans either. I don't wear jeans much and when I do they are pretty much always black or grey. Concerning printed trousers, I've been thinking about getting some too and I actually tried on these from COS the other day. I did like them, but was suddenly unsure of how much I would actually wear them and what I should pair them with. I mean how often do you wear printed brocade trousers :lol:
0124974_1_0.jpg

[cosstores.com]

^that's my issue too. i saw a pair of dries van noten black, white and green landscape ones in a silk trouser, they were beautiful, but how much will i wear them? does the fact that they had a drawstring waist make it a more or less inviting feature that will increase their rotational appeal? also, the weight of the silk was not fragile at all, they were dreamy. is it the print that makes it more or less wearable or the features as well? just curious.

I'm obsessed with shorts & shirts for the next season but starting from now on.

*printed blazers (I really liked those d&g ones)
*a hat (those dior homme pieces were absolutely beautiful)
*really short shorts (that red and mustard coloured shorts at hermés were so gorgeous I immediately fell in love with them)
*anything that's red,mustard or brown coloured

*D&G Printed Trousers
00010m.jpg

*Style.com

*Balmain Hi-tops
6004.jpg

*Luisaviaroma.com

*Louis Vuitton Scarf
00380m.jpg

*Style.com

*Alexander McQueen Leather and Suede Jacket
00040m.jpg

*style.com

What I crave most at the moment is a pair of short leather shorts in nude/beige/grey- although leather is not a very "summery" material, I love the idea- I've fallen completely for these ones, and would style them similarly:

653107-0080_1

(photo: Nelly.com)

I will also, like last s/s, fill up my closet with even more tops in nude/beige/creme/white, preferably with a looser fit, maybe with subtle drapery etc, in light materials like chiffon, silk, tencell and cotton. I'll also be purchasing tops in darker, but still muted and understated colors, and the same style as the lighter ones- I've bought this one, for an example:
688126-0636_5

I'm soooo hoping they will get in that exact top in a lighter color as well, so far I've only seen it in blue and the color above.

(photo: Nelly.com)

I've recently startet wearing blue jeans again, after sticking to just grey and black for a few years (I can only tolerate very dark blue rinses so far, I'm so....:rolleyes:)and would like another pair of dark blue skinny jeans for spring- I've noticed the swedish jeans brand Nudie, that used to be very popular 4-5 years ago is back, and I used to love their jeans, so maybe these ones:
307009-0286_1

I'll also be stocking up on plain white t-shirts, I like the ones from the men's division of H&M Divided, they're longer than the woman's models, and have the perfect, relaxed fit.

As of now, that's how far I've gotten as to planning my s/s wardrobe- but I've still got months before it's even close to "spring" in Norway, I've got loads of time to plan- and shop. :D

^that's my issue too. i saw a pair of dries van noten black, white and green landscape ones in a silk trouser, they were beautiful, but how much will i wear them? does the fact that they had a drawstring waist make it a more or less inviting feature that will increase their rotational appeal? also, the weight of the silk was not fragile at all, they were dreamy. is it the print that makes it more or less wearable or the features as well? just curious.

They sound gorgeous, :heart: but I don't think drawstring trousers are the most versatile either, at least not for me, so the features might just add to the non-wearable disadvantages of the print.

I don't know really :ninja: I'm still thinking about getting a pair, I'm thinking that even though I might not wear them that often, they will be a nice addition to my wardrobe as I don't have anything like it. I think I might try to incorporate them in some possible fictional outfits, maybe that will give me an idea on how much I'll actually wear them? :unsure: Maybe Polyvore is the way to go..

I own mostly pieces of the monochrome variety... so more color would definitely help spice it up! Especially the light pastel colors of this seasons. They're so girly, whimsical, and dreamy that you can't help but love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->