Personal Style Etc.

Personal Style etc - general discussion

This thread is for posting general style thoughts, ideas, and topics that don't fit into existing categories and don't warrant an entire thread.

Take it away peeps!

update-
i rationalized the wardrobe thing by returning the vivienne westwood tops...
:innocent:...
:lol:...

and now i am finding myself completely obsessed with blue...
navy blue in particular...
navy and grey...
i am missing some navy coats in my closet...
:ermm:...

it's making me a little mental!...
:wacko:...

and denim...more blue...
which is very odd for me because normally i don't wear jeans!>..
:unsure:...
what is going on here....?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
update-
i rationalized the wardrobe thing by returning the vivienne westwood tops...
:innocent:...
:lol:...

and now i am finding myself completely obsessed with blue...
navy blue in particular...
navy and grey...
i am missing some navy coats in my closet...
:ermm:...

it's making me a little mental!...
:wacko:...

and denim...more blue...
which is very odd for me because normally i don't wear jeans!>..
:unsure:...
what is going on here....?!?!

I know EXACTLY how you feel on the more ladylike/70s looks vs. the rocker/Alexander Wang/Vivienne Westwood looks.

I love both of the styles so much; I'm debating splitting up the more elegant/refined/Chloe/Celine looks for work, and the Alexander Wang bags/rocker looks for my own time.

I'm trying to fade out my 'art school shabby chic' wardrobe and become more sophisticated/grown up since I'm graduating in May. I like articulating things in a simple way so I decided that i was going to look through my fashion folder and try to describe the imagery in 10 words or less and that's how I would inform my style. I came up with "modern ladylike with an edge, feminine architectural, structured" and this picture exemplifies the way I would like to dress (http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lce4o8o7XY1qehtjco1_500.jpg).
I'm drawn to Rachel Roy, Lanvin, Proenza Schoeler and Oscar de la Renta, I suppose.

Does anyone else believe that simple with details is classier/interesting? I always think my style is boring because I see all these great things fashion bloggers are wearing and comparing what I would wear to them, it's like uhh haha.

I just want beautiful casual dresses for summer that show off my tan...thats all.

Black or white , off the shoulder, knee length, tie wasited, 3/4 sleeve.

I want a red jersey batwing dress, just aboive the knee length, low cut(ish)..but not TOO low.

I want a navy silk maxi skirt that ISN'T flowy to wear with a plain white singlet tucked in.

Need a white and gold kaftan dress that ISNT see-through.

argh its all so hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a strange urge for blue right now. I've been thinking a lot about a pair of blue (pointy toed) shoes, but at the same time pointy toed shoes are not my style. I think I'm going to look for a pair of trousers for spring in cobalt blue, like the Céline ones.
celinerst106.jpg

style.com

I know EXACTLY how you feel on the more ladylike/70s looks vs. the rocker/Alexander Wang/Vivienne Westwood looks.

I love both of the styles so much; I'm debating splitting up the more elegant/refined/Chloe/Celine looks for work, and the Alexander Wang bags/rocker looks for my own time.
good idea!!!
:idea:

that sounds like a perfect plan...:clap:
i don't have the kind of job/lifestyle where i can really separate, or i would just do the same thing!!!...

You don't like mixing it up? I don't mean in the same outfit, although, that's a thought.. I mean one day, one style, the next day who knows?

I have a strange urge for blue right now. I've been thinking a lot about a pair of blue (pointy toed) shoes, but at the same time pointy toed shoes are not my style. I think I'm going to look for a pair of trousers for spring in cobalt blue, like the Céline ones.

picture
style.com

that's a lovely shade of blue! perfect for spring IMO. it'll really spice things up, spring is so full of light pastels.

Does anyone else believe that simple with details is classier/interesting? I always think my style is boring because I see all these great things fashion bloggers are wearing and comparing what I would wear to them, it's like uhh haha.

I've come to think that, though I hate the word classy. But I realize that what I like in pictures, such as that fussy vintage blogger style, is not what I think I'd like to emulate in real life. I'd feel too overdone, like a cupcake, if I dress that way.

But that's just me. I like to see other people doing their own thing.

I've come to think that, though I hate the word classy. But I realize that what I like in pictures, such as that fussy vintage blogger style, is not what I think I'd like to emulate in real life. I'd feel too overdone, like a cupcake, if I dress that way.

But that's just me. I like to see other people doing their own thing.

I guess 'refined' would be a better word to use then. I like seeing other people doing their own thing too! I guess I get a bit of jealousy at their penchant to mix and match and layer so effortlessly.

^ If you're jealous, maybe you should try it out. Clothes should be fun or provide some kind of emotional satisfaction. It doesn't have to be serious or advance some approach to living.

I wish I had been more expressive in my younger years and dressed the way I like. Now, though, I'm happy to admire at a remove.

^i agree

i'm going back to my all black look, god, i missed it. all black, with long flowy skirt, longs sleeved top and chunky heels. *a bit goth* but i loveeeeee it

Petit-totally agree, age should not limit your style. And, the thing about style is it can't always be defined by one look. I love classic, boho, rocker and I wear a mix of it all the time. Depending on my mood, I might wear ladylike or something else.
I am totally feeling color right now. I love the electric blue, chartreuse and citron and fuchsia.

Why not? As long as she's comfortable.. I admire more a woman with wrinkles than a botox-stuff person who thinks that she looks younger and therefore can wear whatever she really wants without looking off.. Anna has a healthy looking body and pulls of anything, even if it is only for attention-seeking. The only thing you need to have in order to wear whatever you like is confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->