'plus' size streetstyle.

kanita

Reaction score
I have been looking trough the streetstyle threads, and all I see is pictures of skinny people, which is fine, but I was wondering, does anyone have pictures of welldressed young cool people. If you have found anything, please post!:flower:

Thank you for posting, eventhough I have to say I don't really think that girl is welldressed...

kan-i-ta, i have to agree with you. she's dressed a little messy imo.

there are pics of all kind of bodytypes in all our streetstyle threads, i think you should look more carefully

we dont categorise people's style by their dress size, its not right

It is not to categorise, it is for inspiration, I am an 'plussized' myself, and I take inspiration from streetstyle all over the world, that is why I asked.

I found this one (you could consider her bigger)
20050827_10.jpg

hel-looks.com

kan-i-ta said:
It is not to categorise, it is for inspiration, I am an 'plussized' myself, and I take inspiration from streetstyle all over the world, that is why I asked.

glad to know you do not categorise this, but honestly if you look for inspiration, try also to browse our existing threads because we do not only post pics of skinny people...

and remember, plus size IS COOL and just normal
the problem is that most stores dont sell cool Plus garments.. :angry:

btw, cool pic posted above

I agree with Lena....this thread is a little....um...off?

Style is not sizist - only the people who think so........ it could be that 'bigger' people are not often photographed .... up to the discretion of those streetstyle photographers.

I certainly see stylish 'bigger' people all the time....

the problem is that most stores dont sell cool Plus garments.. :angry:

True, but that is why I asked for the pictures, because there are 'plussized' people wearing very nice outfits, here, but also all over the world, and I would like to see them. It is not meant to be insulting in any way, i myself would be glad to find myself on such a thread. It is a compliment.

Style is not sizist - only the people who think so........ it could be that 'bigger' people are not often photographed .... up to the discretion of those streetstyle photographers.

Style, is not, clothing is sized. That is why it is harder to find cool stuff (I have been looking for the a simple pair of jeans forever) But I still make effort to look good. And I like that. I can take inspiration from people that are build differently, but I just like to see 'plussized' (I prefer bigger myself, but I have noticed that that opinion is not shared) nice dressed people.

(sorry for the poor English, my pc is going crazy and I have no time to spell-check)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it helps....I do see a lot of bigger sized girls rocking a whole host of looks. Like I know a lot like to wear 50's type dresses with waists nipped in which I think is beautiful....a look that a lot of slimmers girls have trouble pulling off.

^that is true, a friend of mine looks fab in that look, but it really doesn't work for me.

i brought the issue of this thread to our mod team, if they give the all clear, it stays or else we'll have to close..
agreed with susie that vintage styles look great on plus sized girls, mainly because up until mid sixties, fuller women were thought as fab.. fashion was based on a fuller figure woman, who was thought as totally sexy and stylish.

I hope it wil stay. I understand your strugle with this one, but I hoped it would not only show pictures, and celebrate style, but also to raise an discussion. You seem to be very nice, and openminded about diferent sizes, but a lot of people are not. And I don't even mind that. I want to know what people think. I was wondering if there were more people here who think about this in the same way.

I'm plus-sized myself and this thread doesn't offend me at all. Sometimes it's easier to find inspiration from someone who has a similar body. And it's kind of depressing looking at cool, well-dressed skinny chicks all day :lol:

as someone who is also plus sized i am not offended and i think it could be helpful as well

so well see what the mods have decided :smile:

susie_bubble said:
Well if it helps....I do see a lot of bigger sized girls rocking a whole host of looks. Like I know a lot like to wear 50's type dresses with waists nipped in which I think is beautiful....a look that a lot of slimmers girls have trouble pulling off.
lena said:
agreed with susie that vintage styles look great on plus sized girls, mainly because up until mid sixties, fuller women were thought as fab.. fashion was based on a fuller figure woman, who was thought as totally sexy and stylish.
What you guys are saying sounds really inspiring for those of us who are larger and trying to be stylish, so I guess what I like about this thread is the opportunity to hopefully see pictures that illustrate this.

I mean, the plus-sized thread exists but you basically only see celebrities at events and runway pics.

i'd like to seee some pictures...
:innocent:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rysjxgmvx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->