Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Yasmin Le Bon in a 110-pound gown at Stephane Rolland Haute Couture SS 2012 show:

My archives

i hope in the future i can post here how crazy "fashion" people cried on youtube just because they did not get offered a birkin/kelly in store. I wonder when that bubble will burst, i see them everywhere now in the same "holy grail" color ways everyone want. Meanwhile i go inside empty stores like Delvaux with actually amazingly made and one of a kind leather pieces.

I hope she's reconsidered what she said about him since then, not because he passed but because he actually seems kind and empathetic in that video. The professional world in most fields is far more brutal and merciless and if you can't perform an essential function (which walking is, when hired to WALK in a show), you're flushed, no 'if you could just let me wear another pair..' nonsense.

When she first talked about the insults she wished she had said to him, I got a pretty bad impression from her.. she just seemed so retro-aggressive for no reason, but.. just learned she battled with endometriosis for many many years, undiagnosed, and I know from close friends (and being familiar with maybe a 3% of the pain they feel) how excruciating that can be so hopefully she's rewired some memories and it's all just one series of unfortunate circumstances due to medical incompetence.
Tbh, I would have been fine with her reaction if this was her first season.
It wasn’t her first season of her first Lanvin show. If she was booked and agreed to do the show was I suspect because he liked her and she liked working for the brand.

And Alber was known for working with strong walkers.

So, I felt for him (given that I worked BTS too). There’s so much pressure and things moving around Backstage that suddenly, a good walker who couldn’t walk becomes suddenly an added unpleasant surprise to deal with.

They switched the styling for her.

But yeah, I think overall the modeling industry is very difficult even more when you are dealing with personal issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->