Provocative / Offensive Ads #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe BEnneton is all about diversity? I think the ads are meant to be thought-provoking/ironic, not offensive.

I like the Tom Ford ad! It's funny and even sexy IMO. I seriously don't get how it's "disgusting".

^Thank you...although I do not really like the ad (I just do not think there is any thing special about it) I do not dislike it or find it offensive at all. A woman grabbing her boobs, so what? Boobs are natural! Every girl has them! :lol:

I've always loved benettons ads so I don't find them provoking at all

some provocative calvin ads with Natalia
since it is her, i like them though

TheFace-1100-01-phFelixLammers-Nata.jpg
I think this one may have been part of an editorial and not an
ad, but I forget

CalvinKleinJeans-FW04-07-phMikaelJa.jpg718582499_2cfcbbeaf2.jpg
natalia_vodianova_014_mikael_jansso.jpg000000077448-natalia_vodianova-fit.jpg

bellazon

^^ Those wet jeans ads are definitely provocative and have been for a while.

that black face ad and also 2 of the benetton ads with the white and black kids are in bad taste..IMO

I guess it takes a lot to offend me, because none of this did anything for my morality

^Thank you...although I do not really like the ad (I just do not think there is any thing special about it) I do not dislike it or find it offensive at all. A woman grabbing her boobs, so what? Boobs are natural! Every girl has them! :lol:

Most boobs are natural, but those in Tom Ford's ad are NOT natural. Anyway, my overall assessment of this particular ad is: Provocative - yes, offensive - not really, good - hell no, disgusting - yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It's kind of hard to tell if breasts are natural when someone is smashing them up and holding them like that. My breasts look like that if I do it and I'm pretty sure they're not fake. LOL, I mean, maybe they are (the ones in the ad), but who cares? I do not find breasts, real or otherwise "disgusting".

I don't take offence of nudity. It's a natural thing, although I've understood that it's frowned upon on the left side of the Atlanic.

I do not find breasts, real or otherwise "disgusting".

The ad is not 'offensive' because it shows breats.

The ad is 'offensive' because it's deliberately trying to shock us and it makes it tacky. There are a thousand other poses that could show breats in a nicer, more artistic manner than smashing them in front of the camera.

Nicer and more artistic? I believe "nice" and "artistic" are open to interpretation and that comment just shows why Tom Ford chose the image. That's one of Terry Richardson's least offensive, shocking and "disgusting" images tbh.

i dont think nicer and more artistic is tom ford's style which is what makes him tom ford and not nina ricci. i think the cheap tacky almost p*rn look is intentional!

Nicer and more artistic? I believe "nice" and "artistic" are open to interpretation and that comment just shows why Tom Ford chose the image. That's one of Terry Richardson's least offensive, shocking and "disgusting" images tbh.

I'm willing to bet nine out of ten people would "interpret" that ad as tasteless. There is such a thing as "standards" in this world.

And what standards does a perfume bottle smashed between two breasts violate? Omnis is wrong, on my side of the Atlantic, in my hometown, that ad would be normal.

And from both sides of the Atlantic, where I have lived, that ad would be seen either as amoral or as anti-feminist....you know...I love breasts, osex and fragrances to death, but I don't like the look of this ad...and it's not really about how breasts look, although they look fake. It's more a matter of that the model looks like she'd had a kilo of baby oil rubbed on her (or a bukake contest, you choose) and is being threatened, gun to her head, "Push them up for the 20th head shot".

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Huh? I need to look at that ad again. I've seen so many ad campaigns in New York with the emphasis on boobs- I'm not even phased by it.

See that Tom Ford ad - I've just had a look for the first time, and I'm just not that impressed with their symbolic representation of male genitals. The phallic bottle hangs between the two mounds like giant testicles.... yeah, yeah. Mind you, there's just something not very heterosexual about the undertones of that ad, even if the mouth is wearing lipstick.

This Denim for Men advert on youtube demonstrates the old-style way of using sexual innuendo to flog fragrance, and to be honest, sometimes I still hanker for those more unashamedly tacky times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPnXXPPGs94

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->