Provocative / Offensive Ads #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love those Tom Fords.. :smile: (not because of the vulgarity but because he actually attempted it, it's very offensive but I can't help but love the fact thats it's provocative)

Last edited by a moderator:
^That is true. Sex doesn't always sell but it certainly gets your attention if it's in your face enough.

Tom Ford is trying too hard. It's like what someone on tfs (sorry, forget who) said about Karl Lagerfeld: he's becoming a caricature of himself. It's like he thinks being Tom Ford is always about SEX, so he plays the part and churns it out. He did say a while ago I believe that overt sexuality was over, and his last Gucci campaigns reflected that: the models with babies and Daria standing coolly with two gorgeous men (sexual possibly, but much more subtle).

I'm not offended by these recent ads. They do bore me, simultaneously trying too hard and being lazy (as in a lack of creativity). And they're not even sexy.

I doubt Tom Ford has become lazy regarding his ad campaigns. Maybe accuse him of being a bit dated. All that you see out of him is very much calculated. After all, we're still talking about it.

I know I'll be sampling the scent when its out. From what I read the cologne is my style.

what's the use of having a gold plate and throw the bottle away ????

Those shots cannot be compared to the M7 ad. That was nudity for the sake of beauty, this stuff is HORRIBLE.

Tom, what were you thinking. This isn't what I expect from you, you can do better than that.

The M7 campain was more about an Hommage to a previous campain by YSL himself, portrayed naked...
As YSL hated Tom Ford, I guess he did this to please him... and by the way, YSL even said the only thing Tom was good for was the campains...:lol:

If his product was worth trying he wouldn't have to go to such pathetic measures to capture your attention.

If his product was worth trying he wouldn't have to go to such pathetic measures to capture your attention.

Not necessarily true. Even your most well known product that has a monopoly on the market will resort to such tactics. Welcome to the world of advertisement.

I just saw the "Extraordinary" editorial from Steven Miesel on vogue.it. It's been posted already on tFS here and here.

I see nothing fashionable about war. :(

home-vogue-1.asp1751img100.jpg

vogue.it

i don't have a problem with that because although it evokes war, it doesn't make it look glamorous at all and it is artistically done.

I actually love that cover, the editorial was a disappointment. Wasn't all that offended by it though.

In a weird way, I appreciate what it's doing. For so many people, war is a part of everyday life, to the point that to some people (myself included) who aren't directly involved in it it's become almost normal. By taking war out of it's context, it becomes shocking again.

That's just what I take from it.

I actually love that cover, the editorial was a disappointment. Wasn't all that offended by it though.

In a weird way, I appreciate what it's doing. For so many people, war is a part of everyday life, to the point that to some people (myself included) who aren't directly involved in it it's become almost normal. By taking war out of it's context, it becomes shocking again.

That's just what I take from it.

If you truly have been a part of a war, it is definatly not normal. None of us have been in a full war, where atrocities are witnessed daily. If you have (which I doubt, sincrerely) then I don't think you would say the world 'normal'. What its doing is adding glamour to war. War should not be viewed as shocking since Vogue Italia did an editorial on it. That is not its place, to add Chanel and Dior to the battlefields of the world. Very disrespectful when you consider those who have been part of actual war and the editors of Vogue Italia simply sit back and their seats comfortable... and think of how to shock as next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->