Questionable Designer Accessories #1 - Why Did They Decide to Put Their Logo on This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
st-870090-1.jpg

st-1587423-2.jpg

yahoo shopping center taiwan

Seriously?

Ok, just recieved Prada Gifts 2009 catalogue...wow...let me just list...

-golf set
-tarot cards
-playing cards
-portable tripod
-travel flashlight
-travel cool bag
-padlock set
-contact lenses set
-magnifying glass
-universal adapter
-multi charger
-travel mask
-travel slippers
-air travel set

I'm so going to keep this catalogue forever.

edit: please do not quote images

starworks

The first thing that came to my mind was - why the HECK would anyone want to carry around 20 iPods? Then I thought - Holy f that's expensive. And then I saw what strikes me as odd the most - for such an expensive case, it includes the JBL speakers I purchased a while ago for €100?! Oh my.
(Honestly. Same speakers. Weird bigass blob as a subwoofer and two small speakers, I'm staring at the exact same white pair right now, it's called the JBL Creature or something).

This has got to be the funniest thread though, I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
You see, a brand like Hermes can do all of those things listed because it presents a hyper-luxury lifestyle and has done for years, whereas Prada is just churning out the junk for the lazy consumer.

Am I the only one who feels alienated from the fashion houses because of this designer crap? It makes me feel like why on earth would I buy a pair of chanel shoes when I am just buying in on a brand rather than being dictated by style. I mean they are just trying to flog whatever they can to make a profit to some idiot obsessed with the brand, it makes me think - "well am I that idiot? I don't think I should buy Prada anymore" and I mean come on a Marc Jacobs drink bottle? poor taste!

Over the past year I have learnt something about designer and cashing in on a brand. Ok so, anyone who has read on another forum:innocent: a thread displaying handbag purchases may see that some of these people have too much money and no style. No birkin in this world is going to make you look fashionable if it is teamed with a pair of too tight jeans and a ugly t-shirt. These are the type of women I do not ever want to become because I feel they are ignorant about fashion:yuk: So in seeing all of this useless designer gear I feel like by buying it I am slowly morphing into one of these people.
Really hard to explain how I feel about this consumer crap. If I ever buy a Chanel fishing rod it is going to be in conjunction with a load of vodka and sleeping pills. Joking mods.

^ Well there's definitely a difference between Chanel shoes and high-street shoes.
I suppose nobody is forcing you to buy designer junk - I expect they produce it just in case someone wants it. Maybe for a "JOKES!" Christmas present or just because they like to look like billboards while fishing/cycling/whatever other hobby they enjoy.
It's to give the rich an option:
Chanel: Yes, we do make high quality bicycles, but if you want one, everyone's going to know how much you paid for it and it has our name on it.
etc.

No I think you have read me wrong. Yes I do own designer things and 'generally' they are made better, well better quality materials and that is why they are a luxury brand because they are items of high quality and fashion forward etc.
But....... from this crap being on sale, it just depicts the fashion houses being after a sale and yes some cashed up Nouveau rich individual will come along and buy it. I am refering it to being in the same lines as selling out, rather than truly being about style and luxury anymore.

Now, people don't buy a $15000 Chanel snowboard as a joke. It is bought simply on the brand, lets face it! an avid snowboarder doesn't oogle at the amazing quality or cutting edge aerodynamics of the Chanel snowboard, it is simply to show off on the slopes.

What I am saying is that even though the shoes might be a better quality, and not stitched together by a 3-year old in a Chinese sweatshop (which is a main reason why I buy it) I feel like I am being a fashion victim to be buying into a brand that is only after a profit so is taking advantage of a naive 'fashion lover'

I saw these the other day, I thought about getting them as fabric weights lol I don't really see much of a point for them besides that lol

got that Prada catalogue, too ...

definitely insane - though i guess some hardcore fans of Prada are happy to get a Prada international adaptor in its black box for only 190€, or the pocket light (170€) etc.

This thread is interesting! :lol: Prada magnifying glasses? Can you friggin' believe it? If they made electron microscopes i would :rofl:

The pencils, notebook by prada I promised to upload ages ago.:P

Attachments

• prada.jpg
    prada.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member