Questionable Designer Accessories... Why Did They Decide to Put Their Logo on This?

^really, could you give us some facts? how much nicotine, compared with marlboros, does ysl's have?

I honestly can't remember, it was several years ago since I had a YSL pack. All I know is that I compared the numbers with my friend's pack and was surprised. However, I do not know if it is the case today as the last time I owned a pack was in 07 or 08.

Cartier also used to make cigarettes by the way - it's way more cohesive with YSL's image than with Cartier's.

Cigarettes give you stained teeth, dark gums, bad breath, black lungs, and bad skin. No matter the designer label they carry, even if it were freaking Ann Demeulemeester or Yohji Yamamoto, they still make you UGLY. I don't see how the super-vain and superficial fashion crowd can reconcile that fact with the idea and image of "glamourous smoking".

I think they are utterly pointless. They taste terrible, too. Smoking only looks good in the movies and photoshoots, when you can't smell them and you're bathed with flattering lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
If cigarettes were withdrawn from public sale, I'd probably be more concerned about how the government would react in order to compensate itself for the loss of tax revenue.

Could be seen as a long term investment. Couple of economics students had gone over the numbers and there was a huge loss in health care from diseases directly linked to smoking alone, like COPD, lung, tongue, larynx, esophagus, lip, cancers. Not counting all the conditions where smoking is a huge contributing factor, various other cancers, heart disease, atherosclerosis and so on. Plus there are expenses in cleaning all the mess up, fire damage (when someone falls asleep with a lit cigarette), the cost separate smoker's areas, all those stickers and so on that weren't included in there.

Where I live excise duty is 34% for each pack. So they cost like 5 EUR, means each time someone purchases it, 1.7 EUR go into tax.
Let's say someone smokes 1 pack a day, for 20 years. Makes 7.200 packs=12.240 EUR in tax. Couple months lung cancer treatment, say surgery, radiation plus the additional treatments for survivors (9 out of 10 lung cancer patients die, it goes to stage IV in a blink of an eye) - starting at 50'000 EUR and upwards per person. All paid from public health care budget. Ok, is not given that everyone gets cancer from smoking, but every smoker who is half-way serious about his/hers habit does get COPD and that costs something as well. And there are a lot of smokers, 20-35% of population and they all *are* going to have more health issues than a +/- healthy non-smoker.

Sorry, but I don't think government makes any money by allowing cigarettes, as I see it (could be wrong, maybe someone has better numbers?), they lose huge sums instead. Smokers don't smoke enough to support their habit's consequences.

Anyhow, back to YSL. I still think it's incredibly ugly for a luxury brand to put their name on this kind of product. So 20th century, seriously. Outdated. Coughing up bloody lung pieces is not very glamorous either. :lol: Silver lining - they cost more = more tax. :rofl: (but given that they aim for China and Russia... unlikely there will be much income from tax, all the black market activity there :innocent: ) In any case - every smoker should get YSL instead of the cheap malboros! :brows:

***Attention TFS members***

MODERATORS NOTE:

Talk on this forum should be limited to this topics. Even though at tFS we do care about the health of our posters, this thread is not to debate whether smoking is good or not for you (we all know it isnt) or its health risks or legislation.

PLEASE KEEP THE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE PRODUCT/LABEL. ANY OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION WILL BE DELETED

Thank you. :flower:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now keeping on topic ... I think you can get em in Panama .. and I think there are some Davidoff cigs, even!

**post edited: off topic discussion**

Anyhow, even though I'm not a smoker, I have memories of a small shop in my city centre, which carried cigarette brands from around the world, all the legendary names and designs, hidden away on a high shelf, which only increased their allure, I'm sure. Friends who couldn't afford designer labels still had enough money for a packet of branded smokes from this boutique of newspapers, sweets and nicotine.

DSQUARED Life Ball Mini
2011-life-ball-mini-by-ds-3_460x0w.jpg

2011-life-ball-mini-by-ds-2_800x0w.jpg

2011-life-ball-mini-by-ds-1_800x0w.jpg

Source: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mini/2011-life-ball-mini-by-dsquared2-ar109082.html

Calvin Klein Life Ball Mini
mini-countryman-life_460x0w.jpg

Diane Von Furstenburg Life Ball Mini
mini-countryman-life-2_800x0w.jpg

Kenneth Cole life ball Mini
mini-countryman-life-1_800x0w.jpg

Source: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...ll-editions-introduced-in-vienna-ar93737.html

Keeping in trend with the kiddie fashion

Carolina Herrera Baby Bottle and Stroller
Captura-de-pantalla-2011-01-26-a-las-22.18.09-e1296097317546.jpg

camionetica

^ & ^^ Those things are try atrocious. But I'm sure there is market for that as well... Comatose color-blind hippies perhaps?

Lol, I always thought Elie Saab should design a Saab.

**post edited: off topic discussion**

As far as this product goes - I find it tacky. At the same time, almost everyone in the fashion industry seems to smoke....so it seems to address their need then I suppose.

Roberto Cavalli for Ciclotte :sick:
roberto-cavalli-ciclotte-bikes-0.jpg

hiphopcube.com

JIMMY CHOO Rika croc-effect leather coffee cup sleeve - 105€

HJ24K.jpg

NET-A-PORTER.COM

I do actually love the CK mini cooper 4X4, the one by DSquared2 reminds me of something you'd find as an Action Man accessory.

Chanel Football

Purseblog.com

Attachments

• Chanel-football.jpg
    Chanel-football.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2
^Chanel do a wide variety of bizarre sports equipment, i find it really strange to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->