Sarah Burton - Designer

I think that McQueen has always been a brand that should never have been continued after Lee's death. But as that never happened, in my opinion, Sarah's work is very divided between many misses and few hits. But things are in a way that everything that was bad changes for the worse, her departure worries me a lot!

Wow, her first years at the house were quite exquisite but lately she just focused too much on tailoring for my tastes.

I Hope she will take over Dior!
I’m afraid for McQueen menswear because it’s very distinguable but we never know.

Riccardo can takeover McQueen but I don’t know about his tricks.

Riccardo for McQueen or Haider are the only ones I can imagine.

We ran out of talented CD and McQueen house is a tricky one…

Now for Sarah Burton. She can go to Givenchy. Thanks!

Oh my god !!! Musical chairs continues and I love it !!! I want Tisci at Versace, but I will accept him at McQueen. I actually would prefer someone new and wild !

this is tragic. i hated her recent work but she's been at the house for over twenty years. i can't think of anyone who knows the brand as well as she does. it's very sad.

it has to be haider. i've never liked riccardo's work. i'd prefer a british designer but there's very few with both the qualifications and vision necessary for a role like this. if they appoint that dilara b*tch i will simply fall off the face of this earth and never return.

Last edited:
that sucks but im guessing they will find someone inhouse to replace her. she would be amazing at dior or even chanel unless they are keeping her for Balenciaga. Would be amazing to see her do Haute Couture

this is tragic. i hated her recent work but she's been at the house for over twenty years. i can't think of anyone who knows the brand as well as she does. it's very sad.

it has to be haider. i've never liked riccardo's work. i'd prefer a british designer but there's very few with both the qualifications and vision necessary for a role like this. if they appoint that dilara b*tch i will simply fall off the face of this earth and never return.

same, the circumstances of her appointment were sudden and tragic but honestly, I like her McQueen and I thought she did a good job bringing the house through the normcore/logo-ridden 2010s without losing its essence (i.e. NEVER normcore).

I've said it before, a lot of people's main problem with her seemed to be that she wasn't Lee - but her staying with the label as CD was a link to him, a sort of spiritual continuity given their close association during his life. It might sound trite but I almost feel it like a second mourning, because now whoever takes the helm at his label isn't going to have that connection to him

And frankly given the state of the output coming from the generation of designers Kering is likely to be looking at for the McQueen job, I am very nervous. If they appoint another Harris Reed or some insta/tiktok checkbox type I swear I'll hex them (please god, no Nensi Dojaka-type of-the-moment bullsh*t or Gabriela Hearst bore). Even Dilara is better than that! (I actually like her stuff btw), that said I hope they find someone great in-house, like Sarah herself was though of course this is not sudden and tragic like the way she ended up with the job.

This is not a good thing.

They will likely go an even more commercial route and I wouldn't be shocked to start seeing t-shirts and sneakers on the runway of McQueen.

My assumption is that the new designer will not be given the grace and freedom that Sarah had unless they get an already established name.

I would only be on board with Riccardo if he is present and ready to present something new. I have it on good authority that he was not very present at Burberry.

Perhaps there is someone in house who was being groomed and is confident, with a strong direction to take the helm.

She can be fabulous for Dior though. I simply cannot think of a better person to take over Dior. The tailoring, the feminity, the twisted romantism…

She would be fabulous but would LVMH probably enjoys the profit margins of Maria's simplicity. Although numbers are down so maybe they are looking.

She can be fabulous for Dior though. I simply cannot think of a better person to take over Dior. The tailoring, the feminity, the twisted romantism…

I agree but DIOR is a big machine and she barely made McQueen on the front. A lot of collections to produce for Dior, a lot to put in stores.

She deserves Givenchy. Easier for her and she could really twist what Tisci did for the brand before.

what about... galliano for mcqueen?
He is good at Margiela. The last thing he needs is to have a huge pressure on his shoulders to turn the brand into a billion euro machine.
We should be happy to have his voice again on the catwalk but the level of exposure and pressure that comes with it is the last thing we want for him…Don’t we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->