seven for all mankind and azzedine alaia

I wish he'd just start designing clothes on his own like mad again.
He's still making amazing shoes though!

well the sarafpour/earnest sewn jeans cost 400$ and they only had a piece of lace stuck to them.

im guessing they will be around the same price.

those 7/great wall jeans were wayy overpriced though.

the september us vogue has a small blurb about the collaboration...

the jeans they have pictured are $295, are deep blue/black, and have silver lacing starting at the hips to the waist...

"good quality, sexy fit, unique details..." says barneys julie gilhart...
the collection is exclusively for barneys...

and a portion of the sales go to charity...

^Wow....that's REALLY affordable. I would love to try them on in person.... just to see how much "Alaia" there is in a pair of jeans.
Damn....ok, September trip to NYC is beckoning....

kimair said:
the september us vogue has a small blurb about the collaboration...

the jeans they have pictured are $295, are deep blue/black, and have silver lacing starting at the hips to the waist...

"good quality, sexy fit, unique details..." says barneys julie gilhart...
the collection is exclusively for barneys...

and a portion of the sales go to charity...

price is good, but there is no way im wearing Jeans with lacing at the hips, i really want something Alaia, He is my Favorite designer but...........................He doesnt do menswear.
I tried buying a tee once but they fit too snug.
i hope they have something five pocket. Or i just might have to buy one for my girlfriend.

BTW did the article say what charity were they contributing to?

I have a gorgeous pair of Alaia jeans from around 1985 that I love... Super high waist with boning..... Latex-tight with zippers at the ankles, and seaming detail that makes my *** look so great!

I am usually not a denim person at all, but Azzedine really knows how to work it to accent a woman's body beautifully... and his denim is really amazing quality. I also have some pieces from his summer 03 collection that are breathtaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
boning in jeans! Now I've really heard everything! Oh Alaia!

^get out of my head! i thought that was so clever!
LOVE it!!

I saw the picture in Bazzar and it's...blah...there are two rows of lacing on the side and a A near front pocket...it looks very Mandee and Mudd to me :rolleyes: I don't know...maybe it looks better in person?

I hope these are as nice as Zac Posen's line for Sevens.

more information:
I dont see an A on the front and they are $325. "Barneys teamed up with the Tunisian designer to create limited-edition dark-blue and black skinny jeans for fall; a portion of proceeds will benefit SOS Children's Villages, which funds orphanages around the world.

barneys.com

Attachments

• PG_28907.6981_ZM1.jpg
    PG_28907.6981_ZM1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 13
luckyme, is there a chance of you posting a pic of you in the jeans? I want to see what they look like on a human instead of the bad barneys photo!

Might be a little too girly for guys. Does Barney's do shipping to UK?

:heart:

JuiceMajor said:
Might be a little too girly for guys. Does Barney's do shipping to UK?

There's no Barney's in England? Interesting! :o

Juice, I don't think they do on their website but if you give them a call they might. The problem with a lot of UK stores is that they will only ship to your credit card's billing address and if they don't ship to intl. you are kind of screwed.

Meg, thanx for the info. Yeh I just checked and it's gonna cost a lot to ship it. Anyway that jeans ain't right for me so I'll be fine. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HigthaVandah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->