Shiseido Men

Wooow some cleanser. Just tried it.
Where had it been all these years?

Hey guys, I'm new to the skincare world so I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I've got oily skin, when I rub my face I can feel the oily texture on it even not long after cleansing, and I rarely get dry skin.

I've been looking at the Shiseido mens line but I don't know if they would be good for my skin, the texture of the cleanser and moisturiser seem quite creamy. If I opted for the hydrator instead of the moisturiser, would it leave my face 'moist' enough or would I also have to pick up some other moisturiser to go with it?

I'm thinking maybe I should stick to gel/water based products, but I don't know what brands. Maybe clinique or biotherm would be better for me?

Thanks for any help.

totally. i don't think you need anything to put on top of the hydrating lotion. i have combination skin (slightly oily at t-zone, slightly dry at the cheeks & mouth) and i used the hydrating lotion all through spring, summer, and fall. but came winter, i found it not enough, now i'm still looking for a thicker moisturiser for winter. the emulsion so far is the best one.. not oily like zirh's, anthony's, or jack black's.

to me, clinique's men line is an overpriced brand. it's not bad... but it's not anything special either. i would've gone with l'oreal's men expert, neutrogena, or cetaphil instead.

biotherm is better but fragranced. which is nice... but fragrance means alcohol.. and that could be drying. but if you have oily skin, that might not be even an issue.

go to a good dept store (nordstrom is best) and scout around for samples. tell them that a moisturiser might feel great 5 minutes after application but what matters is will it feel just as great hours later? and outdoors? so that's why you need an actual sample to test it.

i'm trying out clarins men... seems promising ^_^

has anybody outside the US tried lancome homme?

luwitolundi said:
totally. i don't think you need anything to put on top of the hydrating lotion. i have combination skin (slightly oily at t-zone, slightly dry at the cheeks & mouth) and i used the hydrating lotion all through spring, summer, and fall. but came winter, i found it not enough, now i'm still looking for a thicker moisturiser for winter. the emulsion so far is the best one.. not oily like zirh's, anthony's, or jack black's.

to me, clinique's men line is an overpriced brand. it's not bad... but it's not anything special either. i would've gone with l'oreal's men expert, neutrogena, or cetaphil instead.

biotherm is better but fragranced. which is nice... but fragrance means alcohol.. and that could be drying. but if you have oily skin, that might not be even an issue.

go to a good dept store (nordstrom is best) and scout around for samples. tell them that a moisturiser might feel great 5 minutes after application but what matters is will it feel just as great hours later? and outdoors? so that's why you need an actual sample to test it.

i'm trying out clarins men... seems promising ^_^

has anybody outside the US tried lancome homme?
Thanks for that.

I've decided to go with this:
cleanser- Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
exfoliator- Clinique Scrub
shaving- Clinique M Shave Aloe Gel
moisturiser- Shiseido Men Hydrating Lotion
oil control- Shiseido Men Anti Shine Refresher

With summer here in sydney I doubt I'd need a thicker moisturiser, but if I do I'll get the emulsion from Shiseido or something like biotherm's t-pur anti shine moisturiser.

edit- What do you think of the Shiseido cleanser? I still think its too creamy for my skin, but I'm really tempted to just get the whole Shiseido line...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey - I'm sort of going to revive this because this is an important topic.

I'm 18 and I have extremely oily skin. I'm looking in to purchasing products from either Shiseido Men or Biotherm Homme. I know personally that Biotherm Homme is an excellent line. Clarins men's products are way too rich and creamy, Clinique men's products are way too average and don't work as well.

What I'm wonderin is, should I buy the T-Pur cleaner and lotion from Biotherm or go with the cleansing foam and anti-shine refresher from Shiseido Men - which is more effective? Biotherm or Shiseido.

Seriously, my skin is extremely oily......i also have acne, so maybe the hydrating lotion frm shiseido would be good as well so that it moisturizes and helps clear skin before placing the anti-shine refresher, which has to be the last step.

thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VogueVoyager
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->