sunscreen and moisturizer

mesmerized

Reaction score
I have a combination/ Normal.
I've started taking care of my skin more recently
In the morning I wash my face with shiseido cleanser then i use the toner then before going to college i use shiseido sunscreen protection lotion.
My question is do I also have to use a moisturizer or is the sunscreen lotion enough?
and If I have to use a moisturizer do I use it before or after the sunscreen lotion?

I have combination/normal skin too and ,I use Clinique, but I do it in this order

I cleanse, tone, moisturise then put on daily face spf 25 sunscreen on. I've seen the shiseido sunscreen lotion.. but I forgot whether it was a moistuiser too. Especially if it isnt still use a moistuiser. Even if it says that it's got antioxidants and all that i would put moistuizer on too.

Try to find a moisturiser with a sunscreen in it--your best bet; I have this fabulous neutrogena moisturiser stuff with a 30 spf. I'm the girl who gets a red peely sunburn walking around outside on her lunch break in new england in april, so this is something I know.

mesmerized said:
I have a combination/ Normal.
I've started taking care of my skin more recently
In the morning I wash my face with shiseido cleanser then i use the toner then before going to college i use shiseido sunscreen protection lotion.
My question is do I also have to use a moisturizer or is the sunscreen lotion enough?
and If I have to use a moisturizer do I use it before or after the sunscreen lotion?

You don't have to use a moisturizer during the day if your skin is not dry. If you do use a moisturizer, always apply the sunscreen after the moisturizer. A sunscreen does what it's name state, it screens your skin from the sun. If you apply moisturizer after it, you may alter the effectiveness of the suncreen.:flower:

it's neutragena daily defense moisturizer, spf 30...it's the only cosmetic product I've found that contains spf 30 (most are 25 or 15, which don't work for me). True sunscreen makes my face break out, but if I don't wear sunscreen on my face, I turn bright red and all my skin peels off my nose, and I end up with inverted sunglasses raccoon eyes. Even if I'm only outside for an hour.

I'm not advocating wearing moisturizer when you don't need it (especially in the summer!), but if you need an alternative to wearing greasy sunscreen on your face, this is it. Plus, i'm allergic to most fragrances, and the scent of sunscreen makes me ill. This doesn't smell like anything.

How's the Shiseido stuff? If it works, it's high SPF, and it's meant for the face, I may switch to that....particularly as I don't necessarily need moisturizer during summer months. In a perfect world, they'd make foundation with high SPFs, even though I hate wearing foundation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everyone, get a moisturiser with sunscreen in it.

Though keep in mind you should get one that's made for combination skin, because sunscreen does have oil in it and your face will get oilier as the day goes on.

I love Lancome's Vinefit SPF15 Complete Energising Moisturiser. It's light, not oily and keeps your skin feeling fresh for hours.

i use oil of olay... its great on my skin,first i use the cleanser,then the toner,then the moisturiser!!! but if i just use the cleanser and toner,my face goes all dry,so i have to put te moisturiser on.. its great :D I have combination skin 2!

I've always heard you should use at least a little bit of moisturizer before sunscreen. I like Kiehl's ultra moisturizer then Clinique tinted city block

When it's gross and humid out, i find using Kiehl's ulta moisturizer spf 15 then Clinique clear complexion, which controls oil but isn't too drying.

I tried Avene products from France. I got SPF 60, they have in spray too if you are in hot weather. The sun cream is not thick, take a little sheer compact foundation on it, or add loose powder..., it's really fresh.

Never go out without suncreams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->