The Minidress S/S 06

Please let's not confuse short dresses with minidresses.... the minis are much shorter.... :wink:

preppy_beat_boho said:
oh i love these. i'd wear just dresses all spring and summer i think if i didn't feel a we bit overdressed for school. any ideas how to style them for class?

i would say wear it with flip flops.. (pretty ones not the plastics..) or with other types of flat sandals and wear a casual belt over it.. just loose enough to rest in your hips.... or maybe a tshirt underneat? :blink: well that's how i've been thinking to wear a dress i have... :flower:

00130m.jpg

From style.com

Or you could wear it with a pair of short shorts under.

But I think that the most important thing that won't make you look overdressed in a minidress (or any other clothing) is to skip a lot of accessories that stand out a lot, and think about the fabric the dress is made of. And ofcourse don't wear highheels if your looking for a casual look. do a natural make-up too, not too much eyeshadow etc. also go for the natural hair.

The basic tips basically

preppy_beat_boho said:
oh i love these. i'd wear just dresses all spring and summer i think if i didn't feel a we bit overdressed for school. any ideas how to style them for class?

I wear mine with tights and biker boots and a woolen jumper or cardigan in winter to class. If its summer I just wear rubber thongs or flats and no makeup:flower:

Short Dresses

short dresses seem to be quite trendy this season. Personally i love them! I love how elegant they can look! Could you guys post elegant short dresses?
igbygoesdown1.jpg

27m.jpg
28m.jpg
30m.jpg

style.com, tribute.ca

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I love minidresses! It's one of my top 4 clothing items. And it's SO comfy to wear with stockings or leggings. It's even better than pj's! :P

The best minidresses are those which are so short that they're not really minidresses, but some long tank tops. The shorter the better. :blush:

Oh, minidresses are :heart: !

Some more from Australian designers Camilla & Marc + Alice McCall :heart:

Attachments

• IMG_6518.jpg
    IMG_6518.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 8
  • RomyFrockStyle.jpg
    RomyFrockStyle.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 433
  • scaled_b875_266x399_camillaandmarkromyfrockfulljpg.jpg
    scaled_b875_266x399_camillaandmarkromyfrockfulljpg.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 7
liking this. it's so cute :> esp. the marc jacobs ones

I love this style! I cannot wait for summer to start wearing my dresses, I might even start wearing some now with brightly coloured leggings or tights.

I wear mini dresses the whole year... even in the winter... haha. :P

In the hospital I used their very big tank tops as minidresses :D I forgot to take one home with me.

Attachments

• Hospi1.jpg
    Hospi1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 277
  • hos.jpg
    hos.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Hospi.jpg
    Hospi.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 278
any ideas for dressing them up or which styles are dressy like for a night formal party?

The Ida: how cool! When I was in hospital(s), I only got those big shirts, and they weren't even long enough to wear as mini-mini-dresses :P (like I often do with shirts...).

Last edited by a moderator:
ivypixie said:
The Ida: how cool! When I was in hospital(s), I only got those big shirts, and they weren't even long enough to wear as mini-mini-dresses :P (like I often do with shirts...).
Aww, that's too bad. I've changed hospital, and I'm not sure if they have the same clothes..I think I'll bring something home anyway :shifty: I'm gonna buy a tank top in size XXL or something and wear it as a minidress. Hospital-nostalgia. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->