Starting young

well, I'm a girl, so I don't realy have problem with facial hair and the upkeep :smile:
But you should put it on after all of the skincare.
I'd say SPF 21 should be enough; the reason why i am using SPF 40 is because most sunscreen lotions are too greasy for my face, and the only one i was able to find that didn't irritate me, was this new Clarins sunscreen lotion, and it is SPF 40.

oh yeah, also look for zinc oxide and titanium dioxide in the ingredients; those are the physical (as opposed to chemical) sun protection, and it is usually more protective than the chemical kind.

Thanks a zillion!!

I'll think there is already a sun screen thread somewhere in the skin and hair care section, in case you want to write more details there.

i know a lot of people in the world think very little of taking care of oneself but it is so important, i mean, you have to live in your body until the day that you die so why would you let it all fall apart and look old if you could help prevent that?
dont ever let anyone tell you that you are vain or waste money on beauty products :flower:

Heck, I'm 27, and for the most part I don't do anything more exotic than washing my face daily, but I do wear sunscreen every day. I have this new spray-on one which is not greasy, nor does it have a scent, and at 45spf, I guess it will do the trick. It's Banana Boat Sport.

I come from a family that has good skin (as far as not getting many wrinkles goes) and so my face will probably hold up pretty well, and I'm sure the sunblock isn't hurting matters any, either.

Now if I'd just stop getting pimples and blackheads all the time, I'd be a very happy person!

Starting early with sunscreen and a regular regime is very important but as said before don't over do it. It is too early for things like eye cream and any products with retinol or the like for aging. Those things over time will thin your young skin.

I'm 21 and only just started using sunscreen SPF 35 (well used it as a kid, since I lived in Oz) but then I moved to Europe and as I got older I gave it up :innocent:...the thing is, I love it when I'm tanned (I just can't help it but I do:blush:)....but now I'm getting worried that if I don't start using sunscreen my face will go bad sooner than I will be able to deal with it:ninja:. So tell me guys...in the summer, you don't mind not being nice and tanned ??? :cry:

Tanned doesn't always mean nice.
Find a balance between how "nice" you want to look and what is good for your skin.
Reduce the number of sun hours and increase the amount of sunscreen protection.
Something along these lines.

I started wearing spf 15 when I was 15 when I moved to a sun-drenched country called Australia .. :lol: then I moved on to spf 25... and now I'm wearing spf 30!

I started wearing moisturiser when I was 14, cleansed and toned when I was waay younger (12 probably ) due to acne problems..
And I've been using masks/night cream/even eye gel ( a light non-greasy one) since I was 16! I don't use heavy eye gels/night creams that 'diminishes lines' or whatever.. I just use the light ones to prevent dehydration of the skin..

Gotta get used to drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruits..
I've been taking special care of my skin because it's s**t as it is now and I don't want wrinkles and sun damage on top of it all!

It's never too early to start! And sunscreen is the most important factor as more than 90% of wrinkles are associated with sun damage. Now.. my friends find me TOTALLY WEIRD and psycho when I talk about skincare.. :ermm: well, it's their loss!
*sorry for the long post!*

YAY SUNSCREEN:D:D

ohk I wont go near eyecream and wrinkle stuff, my mums friends were telling me its never to early to start using wrinkle cream and I was like...:blink: erm..yes it is!!

I'm taking centrum...has anyone taken that it' like this vitamin etc pill filled with HEAPS of vitamins and stuff...is it good? My mum bought it and I take one a day.

Would it be better to buy individual vitams instead of an all in one?

If you eat a relatively balanced diet an all in one vitamin like centrum is perfect. When you start trying to concoct your own cocktail you might wind up taking in too much. So unless you want to go thru the process with a doctor and nutritionist to anaylze your individual nutritional intake stick to over the counter all in one vitamins.

I also take a multivatin. In addition, I take a calcium with vitamin D tablet to get my calcium. I dont get enough calcium with drinking one glass of soy milk a day =) I take them at different times because your body can't absorb more than 600mg at once.
Calcium is very important in women :flower:

Acester,
My dermatologist told me that I don't need to take multivitamins if I have a balanced diet (i also used to take "centrum"). So I went off it, and instead I got:
- B6
- B2
- PP
- Zink
It's for the face. Helps spots, oily skin & metabolism.

I didn't start caring for my skin until this year - age 23. I wear sunscreen every day... and hope to start moisturizing every day

I started caring for my skin around the age of 13 too, I think it's great people that age start caring about their skin! I haven't stopped since! I have not always worn an spf though :( But in the past two years I have (I'm 22 now) and my powder has always had spf in it.. but where I live, it's so cold so I am hoping that those few years haven't done too much damage, since I hardly ever sunbathe :smile:

I started way too late-I started at 17. I had really bad acne when I was young (I started getting acne in 2nd grade) but I never really cared. I hated washing my face but went to a very harsh regiment (morning-face soap, astringent, exfoliate, moisturize, evening-face soap, astringent, vitamin C serum) and it really helped. However sunscreen is my biggest downfall because I never really saw the importance of it and usually only put it on if I'm going out for extended periods of sun, say to the waterpark, but I'm working on doing it daily.

My problem was that when I started it I really started to get under-eye wrinkles (no crow's feet yet thank goodness) so I have to get Botox by the time I'm 22.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VogueVoyager
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->