Stella McCartney for Target Australia

Fashion Puss said:
elmo8 said:
This is a pic of the coat. It's actually belted which is cool.

Pic of coat

I got that coat in black! I love it!! :heart: Purrrr-fect for winter and wearing big jumpers underneath. Husband not so impressed though....

What size did you get? I could only get a 14 which is quite big but I think it is manageable. If I change my mind can always return. Thank goodness for Target's good return policies!

I got the 14 as well (actually, I'm sitting in it right now! :heart: ^_^ ) I really like how its loose and billowing utilising a lot of fabric; it makes it feel more luxurious to me when the cut is generous. I also love how big the sleeves are.

Lol, I still think it's scary the whole elbowing each other for a garment or two. It would have been funny though. I wish I could have got my hand on one of those bunched trench's! Oh wells :smile:

It seems I was the only one who wasn't going mad over the trench, I just don'y have that many places to wear a taffeta trench...anyway, I already have a good trench coat. :blush: Husband coming around...this may take a little while. At least I wasn't spending $1000 like some were :shock: I mean, as much as I love fashion...its just stuff. Thats what made me feel so ashamed when I saw people ripping the clothes off manequins. If I hadn't have got the coat I would have lived and somehow managed to get on with my life :wink: :lol:

That grey trenchcoat was the best piece in the entire collection - it's very reminiscent of Stella McCartney's F/W 06 collection - which was her best yet in my opinion!

Congrats to all those who actually scored pieces!

nicky25 said:
LOL yeah i wondered about nans buying size 8 stuff, and one of them snatching something out of my hand which I said 'I had that!' this just made me a bit over the whole thing, thinking, if eveyrone is going to wear this I dont want it! I got in late so I couldn't get the coat I wanted, but I got a pretty tunic- by chance I found my size. A lot of people seemed to be grabbing stuff for the hell of it.

someone snatched it out of your hand?
ugh, that is disgusting

kuba01 said:
That grey trenchcoat was the best piece in the entire collection - it's very reminiscent of Stella McCartney's F/W 06 collection - which was her best yet in my opinion!

Congrats to all those who actually scored pieces!

I agree I loved this peice. But I hate the fact that there will be so many of them around now. Im sure Supre and other mass production stores will start copying all the styles very soon, Its such a shame!

i wonder if there will be anything left by tomorrow?...
i wanted to have a look at the pieces but dont have time until the morning...
and i wasnt willing to participate in that madness....

Yep!! someone took it out of my hand.. i also had a woman stop me when i was coming out of the changeroom asking me what size was the tunic I was holding. Not sure what the point of that was...I wasn't going to give it to her..!! some people are unbelivable, it is just clothes, and they forget their manners.
I think if you go to some suburbs which are further out then there's some stuff there, I just walked past at lunch time and I saw a few things, but I didn't get anything else .. had enough already!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm heading into the city soon to see what they've got. not expecting to find anything left though :unsure:

^ Good Luck!!!! At least you wont get moshed to death!

nicky25 said:
Yep!! someone took it out of my hand.. i also had a woman stop me when i was coming out of the changeroom asking me what size was the tunic I was holding. Not sure what the point of that was...I wasn't going to give it to her..!! some people are unbelivable, it is just clothes, and they forget their manners.
^geez :ninja:, that's terrible! which target did you go?

nicky25 said:
I think if you go to some suburbs which are further out then there's some stuff there, I just walked past at lunch time and I saw a few things, but I didn't get anything else .. had enough already!
^just back from Glen Waverlery's Target, there's only a few t-shirt in small size left...
I've bought a t-shirt and a jersey tie dress, really in love with the dress :heart:
sigh....but there's no more Oak Swing coat left that I really want :(

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i'll share my secret *LOL* try North Ryde Target :wink:
I'd also try Parramatta or some of the outer suburbs as well.

I can't say that I'm surprised at the chaos on opening day but my God, it's still ridiculous and insane to me. :blink:

I have to say that I really, really dislike how ruthless people can be just to buy some clothes and how people were buying the clothes just to buy them... I'm sure a lot of those aforementioned people will try to see them on eBay later. :doh:

Congrats to all those who actually got some pieces and made it in one piece!

Omg.

I can't believe I missed this.

Chadstone sounded too packed anyway.

I will just have to wait till I can afford actual Stella McCartney clothes.

Can anyone comment on the quality, are the jackets lined? what about the internal linings on the suits etc?

I went to the Indro target this morning. I thought I was early, being around 8 20 ... I kept hearing people say that INdro was much more tame than the targets in Brisbane were (from overhearing women on their phones talking to family/friends at other targets...), which was a shock to me, because two ratty older women actually grabbed pieces of clothes out of my hands!!! Guh! Disgusting experience. Hated it. But I loved the clothes.

The other issue I had with this was the sizing of the clothes. I'm a 10 australian normally, so I got the 10 in a few things to try on, and they were swimming on me, but not in the cool loose way lol. Which meant I had to go back and try to find the pieces in my size...next to no luck! lol But I did get the blue dress in the pic a few posts down, and two different coats that fit. Neither were the ones I wanted originally, but those were sold out in my sizes, and these actually looked good on me anyway.

I just can't believe those ferrals who yanked stuff out of my hands! lol Its just clothes, pretty clothes yes, but still not worth being such a loser over. I think I'm in shock over it. Thats never happened to me before, and I sure hope it never happens again! I might not be so calm about it!!! :P

I had a look through my local Target this afternoon - there were lots of tops and jeans left, no dresses; and coats jumpers, suits were only left in sizes 14 and up.

I only really wanted the black coat anyway, so I was a little disappointed, being a size 8. I liked the oatmeal jeans too but didn't want to pay $120 for them.

Oh and there were HEAPS of those hideous trench coats left. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->