HARPER'S BAZAAR JAPAN APR. 2018
'Iridescent Dream'
Ph: Jason Kibbler
Stylist: Charles Varenne
Hair: Hiro + Mari
Makeup: Yuki Hayashi

rakuten.co.jp

So cute there!
just watched the chanel styling vid and obviously her accent is much more american now that she lives and works there but somehow i miss her old britishy accent when she was still doing runway.

^ Sounds great! Good for her, will sometime check it out then.

Inside Westworld’s Season 2 Premiere With Tao Okamoto

There’s a lot more to Westworld’s appeal than just androids. The hit series, which returns to the small screen this weekend, boasts critical acclaim and one of the most stylish casts on television. From Thandie Newton’s eclecticism to Evan Rachel Wood’s statement-making suits, the show’s actors use fashion as a means of expression and at last night’s Season 2 premiere, its newest talent took center stage. Joining the lineup as Hanaryo, Tao Okamoto graced the red carpet wearing a refined look from Elie Saab in her favorite shade of green. It was certainly a far cry from the battle gear one might choose to wear during say, a robot uprising, reflecting instead the former fashion model’s refined personal style. “It was perfect because of the flower embroidery, which was very springlike,” said the star post-event.

Though the details of her role and the goings-on at Shogun World, a previously unseen portion of the park based heavily on Japan’s Edo period, remain mysterious, Okamoto was finally able to share the news of her involvement in the project after months of secrecy. She updated her Instagram earlier this week with a still of herself in character and admits to feeling relieved about the news going public. “I was very frustrated as you can imagine! But at the same time, I was looking forward to seeing people’s reactions when the season comes out,” she says. “I’m so happy that all my friends and family are thrilled for me to be in the show! Being a part of this amazing group of actors was just epic and a great honor.”

Having acted opposite Wolverine, starred in Batman v Superman, and now Westworld, one might assume Okamoto has had her fill of surreal scenarios, but that’s hardly the the case. “Since I wasn’t born and raised in the U.S., there are some limits for me to be in traditional American storylines sometimes,” says Okamoto, who appreciates science fiction for its diverse stories. “For this genre, I can be anyone, and that’s what excites me and gives me so many opportunities.” Here, Okamoto shares snapshots from the show’s Season 2 premiere and its star-studded after-party.

“Getting ready for my big day.”

“I always ask my friends to do my makeup and hair so I can trust the results and have fun at the same time.”

“In a dress by Elie Saab. I fell in love with the color and delicate embroidery.”

“I attended the premiere with my husband, Tenzin Wild. He is my biggest fan and supporter!”

“It took a while to finish the press event, so I had to eat popcorn at the cinema. They were so good!”

“Being a part of this amazing, successful show was already incredible, but I simply enjoyed spending time with the fabulous cast and crew so much. I know it’s a boring answer, but I really mean it!”

twitters: ptahive & westworldgifs, vogue.com & via instagrams

^she is so freaking gorgeous and adorable! I'm glad she's having some success as an actress, I thought she was great on Hannibal.

TAO OKAMOTO at CFDA Fashion Awards in New York 06/05/2018

credit: hawtcelebs
tao-okamoto-at-cfda-fashion-awards-in-new-york-06-05-2018-8.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-cfda-fashion-awards-in-new-york-06-05-2018-5.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-cfda-fashion-awards-in-new-york-06-05-2018-2.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-cfda-fashion-awards-in-new-york-06-05-2018-3.jpg

TAO OKAMOTO at WSJ Magazine 10th Anniversary Party in New York 09/04/2018

tao-okamoto-at-wsj-magazine-10th-anniversary-party-in-new-york-09-04-2018-1.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-wsj-magazine-10th-anniversary-party-in-new-york-09-04-2018-2.jpg

TAO OKAMOTO at WSJ Magazine Innovator Awards in New York 11/07/2018

tao-okamoto-at-wsj-magazine-innovator-awards-in-new-york-11-07-2018-2.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-wsj-magazine-innovator-awards-in-new-york-11-07-2018-6.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-wsj-magazine-innovator-awards-in-new-york-11-07-2018-0.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-wsj-magazine-innovator-awards-in-new-york-11-07-2018-4.jpg

TAO OKAMOTO at Chanel Metiers D’Art Show Party in New York 12/04/2018

tao-okamoto-at-chanel-metiers-d-art-show-party-in-new-york-12-04-2018-5.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-chanel-metiers-d-art-show-party-in-new-york-12-04-2018-1.jpg
tao-okamoto-at-chanel-metiers-d-art-show-party-in-new-york-12-04-2018-2.jpg

A Butterfly In Autumn / Vogue Japan October 2019

Photographer: Jiro Konami
Fashion Editor: Saori Masuda
Hair: Akki Shirakawa
Make-up & Manicure: Lorandy
Cast: Tao & Masaki Suda

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg

[Vogue Japan Digital Edition via aracic]

Vogue Italia March 2021

Photographer: Craig McDean
Set Designer: Stefan Beckman
Stylist: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Jawara
Makeup: Diane Kendal
Cast: Soo Joo Park, Sasha Pivovarova Tao Okamoto, Julia Nobis, Adut Akech, Binx Walton, Saskia de Brauw

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->