Teen Vogue June/July 2010 : Amanda Seyfried by Patrick Demarchelier

she looks so rude in the cover. the hair is really ugly and the photoshoot is boring

There is something very, very strange about the face in the cover shot, and in fact some of the outtakes as well.

Actually, the impression kind of reminds me of Alexander Stubb, a very well-known and athletic politician here in Finland. An incredibly sporty and energetic man, but who somehow looks a little "dry" in the face with no fat, as if very dehydrated. Amanda's face in this shoot gives off the same effect -- it's as if it's just sunk in suddenly as a result of sudden loss of underlying material, whether it be fat or water. Yes, I suspect Photoshop will have something to do with erasing the healthy glow off Amanda's lovely, fresh face. Tsk, tsk.

Other than that, I actually rather like the shoot and its styling. Cheap? Perhaps. It is Teen Vogue. But this particular era and the culture the shoot exudes has become very dear to me somehow in my short lifetime to date, and I, for one, find the simplicity, slight kitsch and inexpensive atmosphere actually rather refreshing, much like Amanda herself. It surely isn't the most original and polished of photoshoots, but if it works as a package, why should it have to be otherwise just for its own sake? I'm pretty sure a lot of Teen Vogue readers will be very happy to get their copies this month. Some perhaps even more so than usual. B)

As an actress I like Amanda (loved Mamma Mia!), however, I am not thrilled with the cover somehow she looks older then she is and not in a good way.

she looks so different..I dunno, maybe because she's getting skinnier or something, but I love the pin up girl look on the editorial

In the cover photo, they totally airbrushed out Amanda Seyfried and left a pretty yet bland shell.

It's a cute cover but I liked the last cover with Karlie much more. This is quite the bland shot.

I feel like this cover's been done already. I'm always so disappointed with June/July issues, they're always so painfully thin and lacking in content.

I think Amanda looks so beautiful & natural- definatley gonna be picking up this issue,i loved her in mamma mia & jennifer's body- she is truly talented. Can't wait to see her lastest movie too!

The styling makes her look old. If the change her hair the pictures would be so much better.

Brittany McPhee by Daniel Jackson

Caroline West by Hans Feurer

elite models blog

Thanks tarsha, the ed with brittany looks so cute. that's a good beginning.

Amanda does roles that are so much more adult than Blake and yet she is on the cover of Teen Vogue and Blake is on the cover of regular Vogue...

I quite like the cover, actually. She has large lips, and painting such a color accentuates them, I think... but I think her makeup is fine on the cover. Natural. I like it.

Amanda does roles that are so much more adult than Blake and yet she is on the cover of Teen Vogue and Blake is on the cover of regular Vogue...
Right. One does notice the irony of it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->