Tell Us about Your Stylist

Hipkitten

Diamond
Reaction score
I've been seeing the same stylist for most of the past (almost) decade. I love her! We've been through a lot together and can always trust that she'll give me a fabulous look. I've even followed her to three different salons over the years :P

So, what about your stylist? Do you see one exclusively? Or see whoever is available? Maybe you're more loyal to a salon than a particular stylist? Tell us all about it! :flower:

I have seen the same stylist since forever .. he always does such a good job but resently he had to close up due to ill health and sell his salon .. so atm im stylist free .. which is bad because i need my hair cuttiyn asap .. the only problem with going to one person my entire life is i have found it hard to trust anyone else with my hair .. guess ill need to very quicekrly overcome that fear.

ive had my hairdresser always. she comes to our house and she is good at knowing what i want/like and also gives the best adivce and tips

I think its important to stick to a stylist that is familliar with you, understands what you want, and most importantly makes the cut. Its rapport and communication, Ive only have 3 stylist in the last 10 years, one I had to drop because I moved to Australia to study, the second because of ill health and he wanted to take a break going back to Sweden, and my current one now!

I guess its hard to trust someone or just anyone with hair, all my stylists are via recommendations and even then we always have a rather long chat, and still ive been fearful the first couple of times. I really salute the peepz that volunteer for hair shows, its like sure its a free cut..colour..products but I rather not go through the agony.

I had the same for like a year and loved her cuts but once she cut my hair really bad and i left her.
Now i am with a dif one but she gave me a totally dif haircut from the prior ones and i loved it, so i´ll stick with her for sometime. :smile:

Mine is fabulous - she's a makeup artist as well as a hairdresser and I can go to her with this completely wacky hair idea in my head and she'll make it work for me everytime. :heart:

Yeah, its really important for a stylist to be able to give you what you want, with a balance of creativity and expertise. If you have to be convinced of a new do, it usually doesnt turn out well, someone thats in-tune with your personality, looks like ill be changing my stylist soon, hes inability to keep things fresh, unable to give me deep rich lowlights, and out of tune with who I am when it comes to hair is gonna cost him!!!

MissWednesday said:
...I can go to her with this completely wacky hair idea in my head and she'll make it work for me everytime. :heart:

This is exactly why I love my stylist! I've wanted some pretty...umm...unique styles over the years and she's always come through. She knows what works with my face and hair type and has always been honest with me. My latest 'do was inspired by a film. When I brought the pictures in she explained just how "extreme" the style was. She suggested we change it a little to get the effect without being too drastic. And it worked beautifully! She really is an artist. :heart:

I have only ever exhanged one word with a hairdresser:

'How would you like your hair?'

'Shorter'

Mine has been for the past few months.................well......................me.

But I am growing my hair back out, and moving. So I will have to find a new stylist.

Luckily.............having been a hairstylist for over ten years. I know what to look for in a good one.:wink:

Ianastar said:
Mine has been for the past few months.................well......................me.

But I am growing my hair back out, and moving. So I will have to find a new stylist.

Luckily.............having been a hairstylist for over ten years. I know what to look for in a good one.:wink:
and what is that!?!?! the rest of the world needs tips too :wink:

i adored my stylist. love, love, loved him. then, one day, i got a letter at my house, saying he was gone, and no one would tell me where he went. 2 years later, i still haven't gotten a haircut. i've been trimming it on my own, because i'm just way too afraid to find someone else.:(

^ ohh. you should encourage yourself and find a new stylist :wink:

it was fun to read how you're all so loyal to your stylist.
i always had my stylist. but it wasn't always the same. i kept getting a new one because i got bored.
for three years i went to the same hair salon. i went like three or four times a year. the same guy always styled my hair, untill one day i got a call from him telling me he had opened his own salon. i wanted to grow my hair, so since i never wanted a hair cut i never went to see him.
one day i decided that my hair was too heavy and needed some shape.so i went to the same old salon, but with a different guy. he did a terrible job! there were parts that were too short, others too long ..:doh: and no talking about the time (two months ago) when i wanted to re-cut my bangs. i had to wear it pulled back for three weeks :ninja:
now my hair's grown, i needed shape again, because the last guy did nothing for my hair. and i went to this salon that i hated (now love) because they gave me a terrible hair cut years ago. if i could have done it myself, i'd have cut my hair the way it is now. this new guy's a keeper :heart:

sorry about the massive lenght

A good tip for finding a great stylist.

Look at their hair. Ask them who did it. You might want to try out the person who cut their hair.:lol:

Heh...thats what exactly what one stylist said to me

A cut and colour is a stylist signature and ure the advertisement!!!

I shop by looking at other gal's hair. I am definately not shy asking people where they get their hair done.

Well. I recently dropped my hairstylist of almost...5 years, she knew me back when I was a tender 13 years of age...OMG...Ive known her forever...

I got a new hairstylist, she's fabulous, I love her, but since Im moving to NYC I need to get another new one anyways...

I've had her for life! (well..I am only 16)

hopefully I'll be seeing her soon to get dun..dun...dun..dunnnn...bangs! (maybe!)

Pegged Wrong said:
I shop by looking at other gal's hair. I am definately not shy asking people where they get their hair done.

That's how I found my stylist - of rather how my mom found her. My mom was admiring her nail tech's hair and got the referral that way. When I saw my mom's hair, I fell in love. And the rest is, as they say, history :wink:

I usually go to this one amazing stylist. but she's always booked. i went in there a month ago to schedual an apoinment. and September 9th was as early as she could get me in. Upset and angry that I wouldn't be able to have the X-Tina platinum blonde hair (her color in her new music video/GQ shots) for the summer. I set up an apointment with another person my friend refered me to and....I now have brassy/yellow hair with red poking through.

I learned a lesson though....
wait..wait..and wait. even if the wait is until SEPTEMBER 9TH. (thank god i didn't cancel that apointment)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->